Animations

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, I just downloaded the patch for myself  :razz:
Certainly much better. I havent been in many musket charges (yet) but the fist fighting is certainly greatly improved. Actually challenging now too  :smile:

Musket charges are far better, it seems as though both the damage of the melee as well as the overall AI capability to use them has improved. It is now a very rare occasion where my Grenadiers are knocked out by lowly pirates and bandits.

The newest rifle animation is broken on horseback, the character will do a t pose followed by a weird jittery freak-out when they try to reload.

There's no new rifle animation in the new patch.

I also haven't touched any of the horse animations. But I'll look into it.

EDIT: Working fine now with the new animations I'm using.

RanGer_SLO said:
There's no new rifle animation in the new patch.

I also haven't touched any of the horse animations. But I'll look into it.

EDIT: Working fine now with the new animations I'm using.

Will there be a fix for it then?

It is a minor inconvenience leading a dragoon company...

87th_Foot_Fus_Hall said:
Thank you Ranger Your work and that of Docm, and any others who help him with this endeavor, is most appreciated and should be commended.

I agree

PS Hall make us 87th skins or gtfo :p

87th_Foot_Fus_Hall said:
Thank you Ranger Your work and that of Docm, and any others who help him with this endeavor, is most appreciated and should be commended.

I say old boy, you took the words right out of me mouth. Good god man. Remarkable, absolutely remarkable. Anyway, good show laddie (@Ranger). Your speed and motivation and co-operation with Docm was speedy indeed.

Eh, I do it for the challenge. If this wasn't challenging for me I'd probably get bored half way through and continue with it 6 months later :grin:

Anyway, thanks for the praise guys.

RanGer_SLO said:
Eh, I do it for the challenge. If this wasn't challenging for me I'd probably get bored half way through and continue with it 6 months later :grin:

Anyway, thanks for the praise guys.

Well then i hope we can find something more challenging for you, so you don't get bored  :mrgreen:

When you need new animations tested, send them my way.

PS. I fixed that problem i had with materials/textures i had in openBrf, so i won't be boring you anymore  :neutral:

Here's a challenge, figure out a way to tell my guys to march instead of run everywhere (at 75 steps per minute, like well-drilled British troops)!

:razz:

jacobhinds said:
It's possible and quite easy to implement, but getting the AI to use it realistically is a pain in the butt.

That's what I mean! :grin: Need some NTW lookin formations up in this biznitch haha

RanGer_SLO said:
I know a simple way of doing it, probably anyone can do it with an item editor. Problem is, like jacobhinds said, the AI doesn't know how to use it.

Would the AI in that other mod with AI formations that some folks here slobber over be able to handle?

That's what i tried to implement it with, but there are way too many things to take into consideration. Is the unit under fire? Is it under melee attack, where some of the walking soldiers need to run in order to fight off enemies? Are they being hit by cavalry? Should they be chasing routers? Is the enemy behind a hill? is the player using mount/dismount commands?

It's a lot to keep track of (even more so because the player and AI are using different scripts), and it's all got to be coded from scratch. Motomataru's AI formations mod is good (very good), but it's not designed to be used with cruel and unusual scripts like getting soldiers to walk in certain situations. I believe L'Aigle uses a pared down version of this formation AI mod, but even so it'd require a lot of scripting that would still allow the player to quite easily exploit the AI.

jacobhinds said:
That's what i tried to implement it with, but there are way too many things to take into consideration. Is the unit under fire? Is it under melee attack, where some of the walking soldiers need to run in order to fight off enemies? Are they being hit by cavalry? Should they be chasing routers? Is the enemy behind a hill? is the player using mount/dismount commands?

It's a lot to keep track of (even more so because the player and AI are using different scripts), and it's all got to be coded from scratch. Motomataru's AI formations mod is good (very good), but it's not designed to be used with cruel and unusual scripts like getting soldiers to walk in certain situations. I believe L'Aigle uses a pared down version of this formation AI mod, but even so it'd require a lot of scripting that would still allow the player to quite easily exploit the AI.

I see. Oh well. That stinks that a walk speed command wasn't built into Motomataru's stuff, but again oh well.

The limitations of warband reach us all I am afraid. We can dream and dream about many many things but L'aigle can only be its best within the realms of warband :grin: besides, the A.I is limited in their........intellectual capabilities shall we say and thus, really could see it being exploited and used in wrong way haha along with many other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom