Animations

Users who are viewing this thread

Inukshuk

Sergeant at Arms
I found a thread where people were talking about how they were swapping around animations, like having the corssbow reload duck action to replace a sword parry - so instead of parrying, you duck under the blade. But here's a question. Playing with animations like they did in that thread can be very effective, but how do I make an entirely new animation altogether? I want to fancy up the attack and parry animations to make the gameplay a little more dynamic and addictive, but where would I start, and more importantly, what program should I use? I know that Milkshape can do animations, and I think XSI mod tools can as well. I think it should be possible to do this, afterall, where did the reload musket animations, and the pistol firing animations come from?

Hope you are all well  :grin:

im not sure i dont think anyone has a tut on it, but as you said musket animation would very easy (just rotate the weapon bone in the animation i assume)

I guess I might be able to work it out throguh logic. Anybody know what sort of file the game uses for animations? Then I could look at tutorials from other games and see if I can follow them, but try and make the file format the one that M&B reads.

Normally, you can modify animations with brfedit. The current version of BrfEdit does not support this though, but you can modify animations once the next version comes out.

(it was supposed to be out by now, but since it isn't, it must be coming soon.)

Back
Top Bottom