An Open Letter to TaleWorlds from the Kingdoms of Arda team, and the Total-Conversion Mod Community about our concerns and frustrations with Bannerlor

Users who are viewing this thread

"To improve conditions for Turkish developers, the Game Developers Association of Turkey (TOGED) was founded in 2014. TOGED is tasked with representing developers, both on the international market and with the Turkish government. Although developers receive state funding, there's still room for improvement."

"Turkish developers don't seem to be concerned about the government having an influence on the scene in exchange for cash."

Yes they are......
You do know that things can change after a few years? It is possible that they got funds for a specific time frame. No government gives a company an enternal blanko cheque.

By lucky you mean threatened because i want meaningful updates and work done on this game despite being developed for 12 years lol
Someone who calls out for review bombing is not really someone they have to tolerate at the forum.

You do know that things can change after a few years? It is possible that they got funds for a specific time frame. No government gives a company an enternal blanko cheque.

Someone who calls out for review bombing is not really someone they have to tolerate at the forum.

Unfortunately the TOGED is rapidly growing. Remember that TOGED represents Devs and the Govt.

Review bombing would work though. It has worked against Square Enix in the past. I love bannerlord, I only wish to see it get better but at its current pace I'll start having kids and moved to my 2nd house before the game is fully released.

Unfortunately the TOGED is rapidly growing. Remember that TOGED represents Devs and the Govt.
Can you please quote the exact lines stating that from the article? Since I don't find them.
Review bombing would work though. It has worked against Square Enix in the past. I love bannerlord, I only wish to see it get better but at its current pace I'll start having kids and moved to my 2nd house before the game is fully released.
I don't discuss about the likeliness of success of review bombing, I discuss about the fact that you do it at the own plattforms of the developers. And seeing how often that topic comes up without any I doubt that you did such call for review bombing in a friendly way. And just in case, Moderators are no developers :wink:

I posted about review bombing and i got a message from TW saying to never post that again in the forum or ill be banned. That was the only time I've ever heard from a TW Dev

Not that I believe it, but a developer definitely would not have been PMing you for this. Do you mean a moderator? Because they are completely different things.

Game Developers Association of Turkey (TOGED)
TOGED is an independent association. Not tied to Taleworlds by any means. Game companies in Turkey do support certain associations - by offering internships and free mentoring - not the other way around. And TOGED is supporting independent developers and gaming startups. Or at least it was supposed to do that, but they are not efficient and they don't have huge budget anyways.
Ali Erkin was leading TOGED previously but Ali Erkin isn't even in TW anymore. So your point is invalid. Taleworlds is not subsidized by Government.
Turkey, especially the current government in Turkey, are the last peoples on the planet earth to "give away" money for a game company. The only benefit that TW is getting at is from its location. Which is not specific to TW but specific to any other company that resides in Teknokent.
There are more about TW than Bannerlord ofc - but that's beside the point.

stating what? That TOGED is is representing Devs and the Turkish govt?
You claimed that the TOGED is growing. That's not mentioned in the article. Also it wouldn't mean that TaleWorlds is still getting funds or that the funds available at that cooperation plattform increased in any way.

You claimed that the TOGED is growing. That's not mentioned in the article. Also it wouldn't mean that TaleWorlds is still getting funds or that the funds available at that cooperation plattform increased in any way.
"The state is active in supporting The Turkish game development industry - and the results are now becoming clear. The Game Developers’ Association of Turkey (TOGEDDA) has reported a steep rise in gaming industry export figures - from 400 million USD in 2015 to 1 billion and 50 million USD and rising. The increase in e-sport popularity combined with government-backed support policies have proven critical."

"The state is active in supporting The Turkish game development industry - and the results are now becoming clear. The Game Developers’ Association of Turkey (TOGEDDA) has reported a steep rise in gaming industry export figures - from 400 million USD in 2015 to 1 billion and 50 million USD and rising. The increase in e-sport popularity combined with government-backed support policies have proven critical."
In case you ever have to write some semi-academic or academic paper, you need to read more detailed and interpretate the sentences accordingly.
The Game Developers’ Association of Turkey (TOGEDDA) has reported a steep rise in gaming industry export figures - from 400 million USD in 2015 to 1 billion and 50 million USD and rising.
This just means that the TOGED reports that the value of exports of games increased, nothing more, nothing less.
The increase in e-sport popularity combined with government-backed support policies have proven critical.
They say here that they are doing a good job but not that their funds are increasing. Everyone loves to say that they are themselves doing a good job because who would be stupid enough to state otherwise, especially when your association funding (and thus your job) hinges on doing a good job?

I posted about review bombing and i got a message from TW saying to never post that again in the forum or ill be banned. That was the only time I've ever heard from a TW Dev
Pretty sure my negative Steam review of BL is the most up-voted thing I've ever posted on the internet; the comments were loaded with fanboi angst.

After a few hundred more hours of play, Steam prompted me to revise my review... and, of course, I accurately said that it's even worse than before.

Coordinated brigading of anything is gross, but people with legit articulable issues should feel free to speak their minds on their own. Judging by the VERY POSITIVE average, the people making excuses for this product have no qualms about doing so.

But the reality is that I'm not a pure hater and my beefing with TW isn't simple ragei. I've played for hundreds of hours and I'm probably going to play for thousands of hours, because I'm a huge fan. Posting negative criticism that is detailed and solution-oriented is an act of love which devs + mods suppress at their peril.

Back
Top Bottom