An Address to the Community

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colnel. William Tavington

Grandmaster Knight
The title is a little bit odd, but I couldn't find anything more appropriate. So, I guess I'll cut straight to the point. It's been about three weeks since my ban from the FSE forum, give or take a few days. In that time I've been able to reflect on the way in which I acted and I must admit, that my ban was just and fair. The way in which I continuously insighted arguments was disgraceful for a leader of such an established regiment like that of the 91st. The manner in which I consistently targeted members of the community with abusive message and or trolling was also disgraceful and for that I apologise.

To Deo, Reflex, and Rejenorst (And any other moderator I'm forgetting) I made your job more difficult then it needed to be, one which you do free of charge and I commend you for that, because well without you the community forums would just be a medium for trolls to insight arguments and insult other players. I ignored countless warnings that you gave me on the FSE forums, and continued to troll and insight arguments, a foolish mistake. For that I again apologise. 

Recent events within my own regiment have highlighted the errors in my ways and I now see how wrong I really was. If I had of looked at myself say five or six months ago, I never would of thought I would of been capable of such harassment and trolling. I don't know what nugget in my brain encouraged me to act in the manner that I did.

Moreover, the 84e who oh so ardently argued for my banning seem to not to be such angels themselves. After banning me from the 84e Siege Server, for no apparent reason pertaining to their server rules, they seem to believe they are immune vigilantes that can go about condemning or antagonising 91st members and their threads on the grounds that '91st are the bad guys'. Their actions are completely hypocritical if they think they stand for maturity in the community. One example is the flaming and spamming of our regimental thread, continuously despite warnings, in the belief that they'd probably not be punished. I refer to:

http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=47.msg101251#msg101251,
http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=47.msg101283#msg101283
http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=47.msg101307#msg101307
http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=47.msg101323#msg101323
http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=47.msg101325#msg101325.

I really hope that the community takes a hard look at this regiment and consider enforcing similar constraints as have been on myself if they continue. They don't care for peace of the community, just to antagonise and provoke rival regiments, causing disharmony. That is one thing I will not apologise for, I'm not singling the 84e out as a whole, it's mainly just Aldeamar who advocated my ban and then an "embargo" on the 91st. Though the ban was to an extent justifiable, Aldeamar protested for it for seemingly personal reasons and then proceeded to commit the exact same offences that I did to get banned, slightly hypocritical if you ask me. I don't really want 84e coming on this thread and arguing against this as this threads intention is not to create an argument and or flame war.

To the community as a whole, to all those I trolled and or harassed, I offer you my deepest apology and regret. I'm sorry for the way I acted, I'm sorry for the way I mistreated people and I'm sorry for all the trolling. So I would ask you the community and the Moderators, for one final chance to prove myself. I humbly request an unban from the forum (FSE one that is) and acceptance of some sort into the community. I am sorry and I give the community my word, that if unbanned I will refrain from the activities in which I partook in.

In summary, I'm sorry for my actions and I wish to once again be part of the community. This thread is not meant to antagonise anyone and I would appreciate if people looking for arguments refrained from posting.

I must say, well written, Tav.

I for one support your unban. It takes a lot to put out a message like this.
Also, I must say I agree on all you said in regards to the 84e. I'm shocked their posts have gone unnoticed by moderators.

However I have reported those posts, hopefully that'll get them recognized faster.

Windbusche said:
I must say, well written, Tav.

I for one support your unban. It takes a lot to put out a message like this.
Also, I must say I agree on all you said in regards to the 84e. I'm shocked their posts have gone unnoticed by moderators.

However I have reported those posts, hopefully that'll get them recognized faster.
Thanks for your support, it took me a while to post the thread, I've been contemplating it for a week or so now.

Excellent read chap and I couldn't support you more regarding the 84e, Aldemar received a watched warning which hardly seems enough considering the frequency of his trolling, Gentil however I don't believe recieved anything despite being the worst of the lot.

I always admired you, Tav, from the way you led such a great regiment back in MM and into NW. Still, I won't lie about the fact that I saw your respectful nature going into a decline from the start of NW. It accumulated, and I was shocked with what I saw in the time of Hekko's Address; I think everyone received something of a shock about something, or someone.

Some say admitting your wrongs is one of the hardest things someone can do. I myself find trouble doing that sometimes. It makes me a bit happier now that I see this coming from you.

I won't say everything is better now. It's not; there's still a distressing amount of hostility on the forums. But seeing this gives me some hope that things will change for the good of the forums. I hope people will use your apology as an example, Tav.

Still, I disagree about putting the stuff about the 84e in this thread. It's stuff that could cause antagonism, and really should be kept private until something can be done. :???:

McEwanMaster77 said:
I always admired you, Tav, from the way you led such a great regiment back in MM and into NW. Still, I won't lie about the fact that I saw your respectful nature going into a decline from the start of NW. It accumulated, and I was shocked with what I saw in the time of Hekko's Address; I think everyone received something of a shock about something, or someone.

Some say admitting your wrongs is one of the hardest things someone can do. I myself find trouble doing that sometimes. It makes me a bit happier now that I see this coming from you.

I won't say everything is better now. It's not; there's still a distressing amount of hostility on the forums. But seeing this gives me some hope that things will change for the good of the forums. I hope people will use your apology as an example, Tav.

Still, I disagree about putting the stuff about the 84e in this thread. It's stuff that could cause antagonism, and really should be kept private until something can be done. :???:
I felt it necessary to highlight it, as they so ardently argued for my ban. I saw it necessary they were mentioned in my unban appeal. Your input is appreciated as always and yes it was very difficult to bring myself to write this thread. Being British and all I have a tendency to be extremely arrogant. :lol:

James Stewart said:
I felt it necessary to highlight it, as they so ardently argued for my ban. I saw it necessary they were mentioned in my unban appeal. Your input is appreciated as always and yes it was very difficult to bring myself to write this thread. Being British and all I have a tendency to be extremely arrogant. :lol:
Well, I can't say it's fair to condemn you for it. All that matters is that you have the ability to overcome it. :smile:

Megaberna said:
Very good written Tav.

I really hope that after all this "incidents", the forum administration may unban you from the FSE forums.
That's my hope too!

McEwanMaster77 said:
James Stewart said:
Well, I can't say it's fair to condemn you for it. All that matters is that you have the ability to overcome it. :smile:
Provided I'm unbanned I have no intention of chasing the 84e or Aldeamar around the forums. As long as they leave me be, I have every intention to leave them be.

Let's not turn this into a scolding of the 84e.

I think the response is well written and reasonable and your request should at-least be considered, and with the support of some leading figures in the community showing support, should not go unheard.

Well said Tav'. You prove by this message that you're not the person that many people claim that you are. Let's hope yout get unbanned from FSE forums. You deserve your place in the community.

Good Luck petit pamplemousse !

Mac Aaron said:
Well said Tav'. You prove by this message that you're not the person that many people claim that you are. Let's hope yout get unbanned from FSE forums. You deserve your place in the community.

Good Luck petit pamplemousse !
Ah merci mon amour!

Personally, I've abandoned the FSE forums, partially on principle and partially because I have no interest in BCoF and little interest left in NW. I'd rather watch the tumble weeds here.

Bluehawk said:
Personally, I've abandoned the FSE forums, partially on principle and partially because I have no interest in BCoF and little interest left in NW. I'd rather watch the tumble weeds here.

+1, Slowly I visit there less and less though i'm still fairly active, however I become less and less interested in NW and with all recent events staying away from the FSE forum seems logical for me.

Hatake said:
Bluehawk said:

+1, Slowly I visit there less and less though i'm still fairly active, however I become less and less interested in NW and with all recent events staying away from the FSE forum seems logical for me.

Says the guy who is, next to the KKA as a whole, the biggist shout box spammer of all :razz:
Love u

I feel it is good that Tav shared his points about the 84e with everyone, because i really don't think that we need "Politic behind closed doors" right now. But i do think that it should be addressed to the 84e as a whole, but towards the persons who actually posted in your tread. Altough i am sure you meant that with your post, it didn't say it very clear. And misunderstandings we can do without, we had enough of those already.

Good job on the post, and good of you to admit your faults, its the first step to a solution.

Well tav I am sure you remember me the brony and I support your unban even if you did insult me but you didn't deserve a mute so I support you 100% tavington and another thing I was banned from your group fighting server for no reason by evanoic I was wondering if I could get unban please? Well I am willing to put all that behind us and I hope you get unbanned.

As much as you've attacked me, trolled me and angered me on the forums, I believe you should get one last chance. Even Betty has received a second chance, and I like to see these community chances as a welcome for second changes and repentance.

KGL_Joker said:
Well tav I am sure you remember me the brony and I support your unban even if you did insult me but you didn't deserve a mute so I support you 100% tavington and another thing I was banned from your group fighting server for no reason by evanoic I was wondering if I could get unban please? Well I am willing to put all that behind us and I hope you get unbanned.
Of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom