Amazing job on patch 3.5...wow

Users who are viewing this thread

I was reluctant to download 3.5 and lose my long save, but this patch was awesome and well worth it. The improvements in the faces, textures (the barclay, fierds, empire, etc. all look about fifty times better - holy ****), new units, items, are all amazingly well done. If every patch you guys make is like this one I would definitely donate/pay for it, it feels similar to what the Braveheart game was supposed to be years back. Awesome job!!

I've been away from warband for a long time. Came back when i saw a little message n Facebook about 3.5. So far it's great but i have not played a lot :smile:

Just got back onto the forums to see if there was a new version of PoP (I'm currently using 3.42) and saw 3.5. Looking forward to downloading it.

If you're concerned about your save, all that you need to do is find your save file in the 3.42 folder (or whatever version you were playing before) and copy and paste it into the 3.5 folder. Here's the directory:

My Documents->Mount&Blade Warband Savegames

From there you just follow the above instructions and you can continue your save. :grin: You'll have to figure out which save is which though as it's just numbered, but if I remember correctly it's ordered from left to right in game (sg00 is in the top right hand corner, sg01 is to the right, sg03 is directly below sg00, sg08 is in the bottom left corner, etc). Here's a quick diagram if you need it:

[sg00] [sg01] [sg02]
[sg03] [sg04] [sg05]
[sg06] [sg07] [sg08]

Enjoy. :grin:

XSevSpreeX said:
If you're concerned about your save, all that you need to do is find your save file in the 3.42 folder (or whatever version you were playing before) and copy and paste it into the 3.5 folder. Here's the directory:

Not all changes are savegame compatible, and if it involves new units and equipment it takes a new game to take effect.

Dorrin said:
XSevSpreeX said:

Not all changes are savegame compatible, and if it involves new units and equipment it takes a new game to take effect.
Ah I wasn't aware of that. Well if that turns out to be the case, that's what import-export is for. Kind of.

Yeah I guess this would be my 3rd play through of Pop, the 2nd time I imported my character to save time on the really slow grind - it was okay for a while but I got tired of not looking forward to leveling my character and making things count I guess, but good thing there is the option! I also feel like the factions are more balanced now? Possibly because of the new armors and/or stat increases (I haven't really looked at the stats for the new units), but the Dshar and Sarleon seem to be faring better this time around

Just an fyi, the saves weren't compatible. It didn't turn out very pretty (wearing helmets for boots, equipment got randomized, I started seeing Havathang and demon bodies at merchants, etc). I'm sad now.  :cry:

XSevSpreeX said:
Just an fyi, the saves weren't compatible. It didn't turn out very pretty (wearing helmets for boots, equipment got randomized, I started seeing Havathang and demon bodies at merchants, etc). I'm sad now.  :cry:
It was mentioned several times that 3.4 games will not be compatible with 3.5, but maybe it didn't reach everybody. :smile:
TB tries to put relevant info into the readme and feature lists, like the newest one:
Note 3.51 Savegame compatible with 3.5 saves, but not with previous versions

wookdaddy said:
Yeah I guess this would be my 3rd play through of Pop, the 2nd time I imported my character to save time on the really slow grind - it was okay for a while but I got tired of not looking forward to leveling my character and making things count I guess, but good thing there is the option! I also feel like the factions are more balanced now? Possibly because of the new armors and/or stat increases (I haven't really looked at the stats for the new units), but the Dshar and Sarleon seem to be faring better this time around

Most of the factions have been buffed or modified to be fairly balanced. Except the Green beasts. Who i've never had a problem with in any of my games :cool:

MadVader said:
XSevSpreeX said:
It was mentioned several times that 3.4 games will not be compatible with 3.5, but maybe it didn't reach everybody. :smile:
TB tries to put relevant info into the readme and feature lists, like the newest one:
Note 3.51 Savegame compatible with 3.5 saves, but not with previous versions
Ah well I haven't been on the forums for many months. There wasn't even any talk about 3.5 back then.

Back
Top Bottom