Am i right in this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Am i right in assuming that this mod is designed so that player would be outclassed heavily by NPC lords, and so that map would remain unchanged more or less entire time, from the start of my game i am yet to see any fiefs change hands, all lords are running around with 100+ entourages, and those are not rooks either, but mostly crack troops like Nord Templars and Rhodok Kingdom Guards, all castles and cities are fortified with insanely strong armies, so am i right in assuming it was the intention of the authors to preserve status quo as much as possible? Especially since you can't seem to swear your allegiance as vassal to anyone.

I dont think that you are correct in saying that.
After you finish the chapter you can pretty much do whatever you want. 
Even without cheating it isnt difficult to raise a tough army.  I like nord templars and rhoduk crossbows.  then its just a matter of tactics.  pluss with all the heros you can recruit it isnt difficult to have an army in the 100+ range (figure all heros around 10-15 leadership, + fame)(also the powers, that AOE flame thing is badass)  at that level most will run from you anyway.  then its a matter of taking out the bad guys who took over the nords area... insane amounts of troops at each castle city. I like the hit and run method... siege town, build tower/ladder, defenders sally out to me, i kill them, i leave.... 200-300 enemy kills, train troops get food come back
you can either take out the darkness and be ur own ruler or be vassel to someone,  likely you are on good terms with atleast the veiger king because of the tournament.

risk2x said:
I dont think that you are correct in saying that.
After you finish the chapter you can pretty much do whatever you want. 
Even without cheating it isnt difficult to raise a tough army.  I like nord templars and rhoduk crossbows.  then its just a matter of tactics.  pluss with all the heros you can recruit it isnt difficult to have an army in the 100+ range (figure all heros around 10-15 leadership, + fame)(also the powers, that AOE flame thing is badass)  at that level most will run from you anyway.  then its a matter of taking out the bad guys who took over the nords area... insane amounts of troops at each castle city. I like the hit and run method... siege town, build tower/ladder, defenders sally out to me, i kill them, i leave.... 200-300 enemy kills, train troops get food come back
you can either take out the darkness and be ur own ruler or be vassel to someone,  likely you are on good terms with atleast the veiger king because of the tournament.

I have CCA 200 troops stationed in hidden valley, but IDK, the thing is NPC can pretty much pull high end troops out of his ass, and with additional levels for troops any kingdom i attack could consistently send waves of elites and wear me down with sheer attrition, i mostly dealt with it by having full complement of elites myself in vanilla, but here it appears as though AI is no stranger to elites himself.

It has been my experience that they dont send wave after wave after a castle or city they have lost just get that messanger post up and dont roam to far till u have squashed them down a bit.  dont forget to drop a trap before a large conflict with someone whos got it out for you.  the strategy works i have done it on several playthroughs.  thatnks to darkness taking over most of the nord area i can get my own kingdom without pissing off any of the kingdoms... except the bad guys of course.  oh and post some good archers at the top of the garrison and be there for every siege... the comp never does well without you there.

Back
Top Bottom