SP - Battles & Sieges Allow me to toggle off nearby foliage

Users who are viewing this thread

willholton1

Recruit
Allow me to toggle nearby foliage transparency via hotkey (or make it automatic). This will allow me to see when riding through a forest on horseback without tilting my camera down to the ground.

While I guess it's not easy to program, I still believe this is kind of a serious issue. When fighting in Sturgia forests with coniferous trees, it is impossible to see a thing. Don't get me wrong, it's okay that forests limit your field of view, but these trees punish you for playing in third person. Only way to see what's going on around you, is to play first person, otherwise you're literally blind, especially in combat situations. I can command my troops quite well, but fighting myself becomes impossible in third person. Having to change to first person after hundreds of hours in M&B titles is a huge adjustment.
I personally avoid battles in these forests at all costs, and that shouldn't be neccessary. ?

ZW6FXAs.png

there is a reason cavarly did not traditionally fight in woods dudes.
As far as I know, that reason was mainly mobility, not line of sight!
At least fighting on foot is a solution, nice idea. And if this line-of-sight penalty would apply to everybody on the battlefield, I would do perfectly fine with fighting on foot in these damn forests. But in my experience enemy cavalry, my cavalry, and companions are all doing well (except for a lack of mobility). And as long as I am the only one who gets punished by this, I'll keep calling it a "design-mistake" and not a "feature".

Last edited:
I agree this is a problem. It would be perfectly acceptable if foliage also seemed to block AI line of sight, but archers seem to do just fine sniping people through dense layers of trees, as long as the AI is able to do that the player shouldn't be disadvantaged because of it.

Back
Top Bottom