Al Aziz - the definite thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Well I do give you credit for using the Search Engine , since you necroed a thread from last year :wink:

Laria also sometimes has Wine too.

regards,

MP

Hi all,

I already asked this in the main forum, but nobody answered, so I thought it may be because there is an specific post for this, so I'll try here:

I started playing PoP a few days ago and I was slighty lost, so I used a guide to try to understand how things work here.

To the point, the guide suggested to pick two weapons, 2H sword & bow, in Al-Aziz and improve them to sapphire, but I can only chose one and then no matter how many times I go back there, no more weapons are shown... is that a bug or do I need some more with Noldors, or any other thing? I have qualis gems (6) in my inventory, and gold bars (2), plus wine (2)

The thing is, after chosing one weapon, if I talk to him again, he says something like "if you don't see the weapons it's not the right time"... I thought it had to do with the time of the day, but it doesn't really matter when I go there, I don't see any more weapons to buy...

Is this a bug or am I missing something in the procces?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure what problem is or what guide you are referring to but you can get gem weapons via cheat menu to test what version you really do need and then leave only chosen ones - you don't need working mines with this but only knowledge how many QG it should cost you.

The thing is, after chosing one weapon, if I talk to him again, he says something like "if you don't see the weapons it's not the right time"... I thought it had to do with the time of the day, but it doesn't really matter when I go there, I don't see any more weapons to buy...

You need a gold bar to purchase rune weapon.

Savigo said:

You need a gold bar to purchase rune weapon.
True, which is why I specified I have 2 of them...

Sorry, I've read your topic before and didn't notice the difference here. Well, if its not because of gold bars I have no idea what could be the issue besides full inventory (which is probably not the case). I just tried to purchase both weapons you mentioned and everything works fine for me.

Khabal said:
Hi all,

I already asked this in the main forum, but nobody answered, so I thought it may be because there is an specific post for this, so I'll try here:
You created a new topic for your "one-way answerable" question, which is not something to be liked on this board when there are stickied threads for the usual categories: Quick Questions/Quick Answers, Bug Reports, Suggestions, Screenshots/Videos (Media), etc. And also, people are not online 24/7, so it might take some time to get a reply.

Khabal said:
To the point, the guide suggested to pick two weapons, 2H sword & bow, in Al-Aziz and improve them to sapphire, but I can only chose one and then no matter how many times I go back there, no more weapons are shown... is that a bug or do I need some more with Noldors, or any other thing? I have qualis gems (6) in my inventory, and gold bars (2), plus wine (2)

Thanks in advance.
Afaik, the Aziz hermit (the drunk who upgrades weapons to gemmed versions) takes all the wine from you upon one interaction. Can you see a jar of wine in your inventory after upgrading the 1st weapon? If not, then you obviously need to fetch another before being able to upgrade another rune weapon. Cez is the biggest wine producing town, or you can also buy one from Vorador the Scribe in Poinsbruk.

P.S.: The above means that you can't upgrade two rune weapons in a row, at the same time.

Gorvex said:
Khabal said:
Hi all,

You created a new topic for your "one-way answerable" question, which is not something to be liked on this board when there are stickied threads for the usual categories: Quick Questions/Quick Answers, Bug Reports, Suggestions, Screenshots/Videos (Media), etc. And also, people are not online 24/7, so it might take some time to get a reply.

Khabal said:

Thanks in advance.
Afaik, the Aziz hermit (the drunk who upgrades weapons to gemmed versions) takes all the wine from you upon one interaction. Can you see a jar of wine in your inventory after upgrading the 1st weapon? If not, then you obviously need to fetch another before being able to upgrade another rune weapon. Cez is the biggest wine producing town, or you can also buy one from Vorador the Scribe in Poinsbruk.

P.S.: The above means that you can't upgrade two rune weapons in a row, at the same time.

I realized about the first part of your answer after writting my message, which is why I then posted it here; my apologies if I "broke" the forum rules, or if someone got offended, it was never my intention.

And thanks for your answer to the second point, and Savigo and sher too; it definitively must be a bug then, because I have the materials needed (qualis gems, gold bar & wine), and space in the inventory, but the seller doesn't show the weapons. Most probably I will either ignore it or start over (my game is on the 100th day, not sooo deep in the story)

Clear water and easy laughs to you all.

Khabal said:
And thanks for your answer to the second point, and Savigo and sher too; it definitively must be a bug then, because I have the materials needed (qualis gems, gold bar & wine), and space in the inventory, but the seller doesn't show the weapons. Most probably I will either ignore it or start over (my game is on the 100th day, not sooo deep in the story)

Clear water and easy laughs to you all.
Ok, now I did some tests, and couldn't reproduce the behaviour you described... Furthermore, I was wrong, and the issue of the Aziz hermit taking away all your wine (when you got multiple) got fixed a while ago, that I forgot. Which means that I could buy and upgrade those two weapons in one go, without leaving the mines. Just to be sure, do you play v3.9.3?

So there was only 1 occasion when the hermit didn't want to give me upgrades to a strange rune weapon, which was when I had it equipped. Whereas it is written as a note at the bottom of those conversations to not keep the weapons equipped while trying to upgrade them. And still, the hermit took the wine, replied that its not the time, then I unequipped the weapon and he upgraded it no problem (didn't have more wine than 2 overall). So he kept track of everything.

The order of choosing the two strange rune weapons or choosing the upgrade didn't matter either... I chose a Strange Rune Two-handed Sword and a Strange Rune Bow, and tried to upgrade them to Sapphire versions with 2 Wines in inventory and enough Qualis Gems, just like you did. And there were no problems whatsoever.

So please write down specifically what steps you are doing exactly one after the other to get what you described above.

P.S.: You need to speak once more to the hermit after giving him the wine, to make the upgrade conversation appear!

Gorvex said:

I was having a similar issue, but found out that it took 2 gems to upgrade the weapon, thus you need 4 gems (1 to get the mine location, 1 for the weapon, 2 for the upgrage.) A gold bar to get the weapon from the vendor, and wine for the old man.

Yes, since v3.9.3, you need 2 QG for the upgrade:
v3.9.3 changelog said:
GAMEPLAY
10. Mines of Aziz: the blacksmith asks for additional gold bar, the "monk" for extra Qualis Gem
It is advised to always make sure that you've read through the changelogs before calling for a bug

Back
Top Bottom