AI Won't Accept Peace

Users who are viewing this thread

Poko

Recruit
First off, I'm loving this mod, there are so many great features! I love the Noldor, the knighthood orders, the massive army spawns, etc. A big thank you to the creators.

I'm having a problem though that, while not game breaking, is frustrating, and I was hoping for some advice here.  For some reason, the AI won't make peace with my kingdom. In my first game, I got ~30 RtR, took a town from Sarleon, crushed them repeatedly, but they didn't accept peace for over 3 months (edit: they never accepted peace, I just restarted at 3 months).  The Empire declared war also, lost a lot of armies, but never accepted peace.  When Fierdstain and the D'Shar declared war on me, I figured I was doing something wrong (and had low persuasion, me about 3 and my emissary about 4) so started a new game.

In my second game, I now have ~40 RtR & 6 persuasion and a companion with 8 persuasion. It's now been 45 days and both my emissary and I have been refused peace numerous times.  I have 10 of 21 Sarleon lords prisoner, I hold 5 castles and a town, and have burned half a dozen villages.  I have a low but positive relationship with their King, but, unsurprisingly, a -100 relationship with Sarleon.

Does anyone know how the mechanic works?  Is there something specific I can do?  Is 40 RtR low? I searched through the forum and found one person who had the same problem, but he got routed off the forum because his post was seriously whiny.  Another suggested burning villages, which is why I burned them, but that didn't seem to affect anything.

Thanks for the help!
Poko

btw Sara starts with 16 cha and 5 persuasion.  I raised her to 6. You can raise her to 10, but that would seriously gimp her. She's pretty gimpy to start with.
Hope that helps.  Edit, you probably did that in your second game.

You might be unlucky in that those kingdoms were at peace.  If they're already at war, they're less likely to declare war on you.  And also more likely to recognize you.

The AI won't accept peace if they believe they can take a fief from you but you are too weak to take one from them.  AI will eventually offer peace if they are fighting on multiple fronts and you have whipped them.  I find that a strong army with several lords on your side is more important than RTR.  I've been offered peace with a RTR as low as 10.  If everyone is declaring war on you, that means you have a weak army or fiefs that can be taken.  Spend more time on stocking up reserve troops before declaring independence.  Yes this will cost a lot of money upkeep wise so you'll need to have a treasury of no less than 300,000. 

Convert everyone you want to, then lock up everyone else in a dungeon in your town that has a deathstack garrison.

Don't bother with peace, they'll just be back at it again afterwards anyways.

They finally accepted peace after 50-60 days when I had 15 of their 21 lords locked up.  I hadn't thought that the poorly-defended castle/town thing mattered.  Instead of taking new ones, I consolidated ones I had already taken, and they sued for peace.

Thanks for the help!

Location of where you start your kingdom is very important. If you take Sarleon as your first town then you are more likely to get hit from all sides. You are better off taking something like Cez. It out of the way so you probably wouldnt have to worry about Fierdsvain or Ravenstern for a while. If you wanted to start your kingdom in Ravenstern then your best bet would probably be Senderfall or Rane. You would be right in the middle of Ravenstern and other kingdoms are not likely to go after something so far from their own frontier. My first act of war is always to go straight up to their King and issue my demands with no warning. If you are lucky you will take him prisoner and then you can keep him locked up for the duration of the war. If you can survive the first month or so then you may want to take another castle. That way you can get both you KHOs pumping but dont gobble up too much propert or another kingdom might decide to go ahead and curb you growing influence. At this point you should still be catching and releasing the other lords who are decent. Building the relation with them til its high enough to convert them. This to me is the most grinding part of the game because you are basically gonna be stuck in the area of you new kingdom for quite some time. I never raid villages. I like being able to recruit from anywhere. Also, if your objective is to become king of all of Pendor. Why put your own kingdom to the torch? They will ask for peace soon enough.

Sorry for all the typos but this keyboard is f'd. I bought a new one the other day and just haven't bothered to plug it in.

Poko said:
They finally accepted peace after 50-60 days when I had 15 of their 21 lords locked up.  I hadn't thought that the poorly-defended castle/town thing mattered.  Instead of taking new ones, I consolidated ones I had already taken, and they sued for peace.

Thanks for the help!
When the truce expires, check how long it takes before their 21 lords are back asking for the prison treatment again

Back
Top Bottom