AI missile fire is just ridiculous

Users who are viewing this thread

I hope this gets fixed. A lot of problems with the game right now. It seems to me that the main problem is that all their testing has been done by people who play non-stop and just want to make the combat more and more difficult. For those of us who are playing for the first time, the combat is stupid impossible.
How can my companions and soldiers be decimated by archers that I can't even make out, they are so far away? Or worse, throwing rocks further than I can hit them with my arrows?
Take a break from making the game more challenging for the uber-elite players, and try to make the game fun for the rest of us.
Right now, I can't get better at combat because I am being slaughtered too fast. I don't understand why I am being killed when I am standing behind a line and a half of my soldiers by one guy on the other side. He is somehow absorbing the blows of five guys while still hitting me through two other guys with a short axe.
And of course, stop with the machine gunners with sniper sites, especially when it seems that they have deliberately sabotaged your own archers.
Also, it sure would be nice if your soldiers leveled up every once in a while I assume if they somehow get to top tier, they will be able to match the skill of looters.
Right now, the game is not fun.

Just curious,what dificulty are you playing in? Because a lot of people complain about dificulty playing on realistic,and the solution is as easy as to play on a lower dificulty. I highly doubt you can get slaughter by looters playing with everything on 1/3.

I would say that realistic is pretty easy too though. If you use tactics you can easily destroy enemy. Just put archers on the first line, then attack with infantry and sneak attack from the back with cavalry. Combat is not that hard in mass battles, just try not to ride alone into bunch of archers :smile: Plus AI does stupid things all the time. Like attacks with cav first so you can destroy them early in the battle. Just get a fast horse and learn to do quick attacks, taking 1-2 enemy troops at the time and riding away. Also you can try and get AI attention on you. Just ride in the back and enemy archers will shoot you (they will likely miss bc you'll be on a horse), meanwhile your infantry will come and attack them. You can do this with enemy infantry too. You can grab attention of half their troops and drive them away while yout troops deal with another half. It's better when it's 2 vs 1 rather than 1 vs 1. With these sneaky strategies you can deal with enemies much easier.

I hope this gets fixed. A lot of problems with the game right now. It seems to me that the main problem is that all their testing has been done by people who play non-stop and just want to make the combat more and more difficult. For those of us who are playing for the first time, the combat is stupid impossible.
How can my companions and soldiers be decimated by archers that I can't even make out, they are so far away? Or worse, throwing rocks further than I can hit them with my arrows?
Take a break from making the game more challenging for the uber-elite players, and try to make the game fun for the rest of us.
Right now, I can't get better at combat because I am being slaughtered too fast. I don't understand why I am being killed when I am standing behind a line and a half of my soldiers by one guy on the other side. He is somehow absorbing the blows of five guys while still hitting me through two other guys with a short axe.
And of course, stop with the machine gunners with sniper sites, especially when it seems that they have deliberately sabotaged your own archers.
Also, it sure would be nice if your soldiers leveled up every once in a while I assume if they somehow get to top tier, they will be able to match the skill of looters.

Tell them to form a shield wall. It helps a TON with archers.

It seems to me that the main problem is that all their testing
What testing lol?
Oh no no, every since I played/fallowed the beta people have complained about archers being too good and shields not blocking arrows enough. I don't want them to be weak but it is annoying if you get stuck in front of them. They;re annoying but you want your own archers to be effective too.

Just curious,what dificulty are you playing in? Because a lot of people complain about dificulty playing on realistic,and the solution is as easy as to play on a lower dificulty. I highly doubt you can get slaughter by looters playing with everything on 1/3.
6 looters can kill you even with 1/3 if you don't play horse archer and you don't use polearms. They do only 10-18 damage hitting your head and 4-6 hitting the shoulder but It Is enough because they cancel your attack.

What difficulty are you running this on? Are you using a shield? What soldiers do you have and what soldiers does the enemy have?

6 looters can kill you even with 1/3 if you don't play horse archer and you don't use polearms. They do only 10-18 damage hitting your head and 4-6 hitting the shoulder but It Is enough because they cancel your attack.
Fighting 6 guys alone should be hard,I think the problem is you just want to solo armies of looters to gain XP. Bannerlord is not a medieval simulator and it's not focused on being ultra real but I don't think soloing armies like in WB should be a thing again.
Ranged unit are really good at calculating their shots based on your direction and speed,if you start changing speed and direction on a horse they won't hit you unless you stop moving or start atacking in a more predictable way.

Fighting 6 guys alone should be hard,I think the problem is you just want to solo armies of looters to gain XP. Bannerlord is not a medieval simulator and it's not focused on being ultra real but I don't think soloing armies like in WB should be a thing again.
Ranged unit are really good at calculating their shots based on your direction and speed,if you start changing speed and direction on a horse they won't hit you unless you stop moving or start atacking in a more predictable way.
As horse archer they will never hit you if you keep distance or if you move when they start throwing at their max distance. Otherwise hit is guaranteed. At your head. It should be fine for mid tier troops, but I am not fighting 6 guys but 6 bums worth 5 denars. Malnourished people in rags that attack weakened people after a raid.
Also I was a disaster as horse archer in Warband, now I can snipe them with ease with just 25 bow and 25 riding and my problem is getting a more powerful bow rather than improving archery. The problem is that low skill people is too efficient and that apply to both player and his enemies, in fact low quality troops with little more numbers defeat higher tier troops with better gear and skill.

Yes, but how do you level up in this game anyway? This is what we did in Warband like forever. The game forces you to make an archer!

BTW, I started a character with just melee weapons. 2.40m Polearm and 2H sword and 1H+Shiels. Let's see how that' working.

I also started another character that would have 2H + 3x javelin packs! the Harpoons deal incredible damage (maybe too much). But the Sea Riders throw better than anyone! They are the master olimpic warriors with godly precision. Not even Achiles himself would throw like the average sea rider!!!

As horse archer they will never hit you if you keep distance or if you move when they start throwing at their max distance. Otherwise hit is guaranteed. At your head. It should be fine for mid tier troops, but I am not fighting 6 guys but 6 bums worth 5 denars. Malnourished people in rags that attack weakened people after a raid.
Also I was a disaster as horse archer in Warband, now I can snipe them with ease with just 25 bow and 25 riding and my problem is getting a more powerful bow rather than improving archery. The problem is that low skill people is too efficient and that apply to both player and his enemies, in fact low quality troops with little more numbers defeat higher tier troops with better gear and skill.
I don't know what to say,I usually play outnumbered (and quite heavily sometimes) and I don't have that problem (playing on realist). I agree that can happen on cities while doing gang quest and all but you have garbage gear so you can get almost one shooted no matter your skills.
I get what you mean,looters and other bandits are a lot harder here than in warband (I remember killing entire parties of low tier units just charging through them with a high charge bonus horse) but I don't think that's a bad thing,once you get used to the combat is not really that hard.
That's my experience,in my first playthrough I had to go back to 2/3 because I was getting destroyed,now after 90 hours I feel realistic could be a little harder. I'm not saying this is your case but a lot of people just feel bad if they have to lower the dificulty and they want the hardest dificulty to be changed so they can feel good again,that's why I never agree to make a game dificulty easier if there's already easier options,it does not make sense at all.

Yes, but how do you level up in this game anyway? This is what we did in Warband like forever. The game forces you to make an archer!

BTW, I started a character with just melee weapons. 2.40m Polearm and 2H sword and 1H+Shiels. Let's see how that' working.

I also started another character that would have 2H + 3x javelin packs! the Harpoons deal incredible damage (maybe too much).

I think levels are not ''as important'' here as they were in warband (I usually run around with sword and shield at 18 skill and focus more on steward,medic and all of those),and I agree if you wanna have an easier time in combat horse archery is the way to go but in this game I focus more on giving orders and distracting/disrupting enemies than doing actual killing and I find it more satisfiying than warband for some reason. You can do a lot more kills on sieges tho,so you can have the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
No in siege you can't get kills if you don't have a bow.

And of course lvl-ing matters. You get more Leadership, perks, etc. And if you don't have a bow you lvl up very slow.

You can make a noncombat character if you want and just lead, if that's your play style, but a sandbox game must be balanced and not force you to play just one single weapn.

And of course lvl-ing matters. You get more Leadership, perks, etc. And if you don't have a bow you lvl up very slow.

You can make a noncombat character if you want and just lead, if that's your play style, but a sandbox game must be balanced and not force you to play just one single weapn.

I play realism, as an infantryman. The key is to not be a hero, get yourself a really long polearm, or a pike, and a mace, and work with your infantry units as a group. You can't be a solo hero in this game, on the realism setting. Pikes are really great because you can stand at the back of the infantry mash-up and poke heads for easy kills. Then pull out your mace and bash their heads in if they get close to you. Plus horses stop and rear any time you poke them, so it's easy to stop them and surround them with the infantry ball with a pike.

If you play cavalry - well, that's just easy mode no matter how you slice it. ?

I think the people who play on higher difficulty don't realize how much harder the easy difficulty is compared to warband. They removed the combat speed option, and 'poor' combat ai is far more deadly than it used to be too, and of course we don't have autoblock anymore. Reducing damage to player is of limited effectiveness because of hit staggers. Yes it takes 3 times longer to die, but you can still be stunlocked the whole time.

Leading an army far from the enemy line is safer than being at the head of the infantry,that's how it is,you can do both because it is a sandbox,that does not mean both of them should have the same difficulty. Like bantad87 says you can't be a hero,you're not going to end the battle with 100 kills like in WB as infantry even at 1/3.
Leadership and steward are not combat skills and they level up really fast,in fact steward is the fastest skill to lvl up in the game hands down and if you focus on combat skills from the character creation they'll end up at around 55 points wich is a lot for a start.
You can get kills on a siege without a bow if you don't go balls deep into enemy line,you won't get as much as with a ranged weapon for obvious reasons...You can get 20 kills with a ranged weapon before the ladders are set or the ram reach the gate,that's how it is.

I think the people who play on higher difficulty don't realize how much harder the easy difficulty is compared to warband. They removed the combat speed option, and 'poor' combat ai is far more deadly than it used to be too, and of course we don't have autoblock anymore. Reducing damage to player is of limited effectiveness because of hit staggers. Yes it takes 3 times longer to die, but you can still be stunlocked the whole time.
I know it's harder than WB on lower difficulties specially without a shield,and i'm fine if they want to change easier difficulties to be even easier,what I don't want is them changing the harder difficulty to fit the people that can't play on it.

Sword and shield on foot isn't that more difficult.
Horse archery is much easier.
What is more difficult is shieldless combat due to the deadly combo of parry (you have only the difficult option from warband) and the improved missiles.

Horse archer vs 15 looters with 25 bow and riding it is easier than fighting 5 looters with a cheat character with 900 melee, athletics and riding.
2 looters on melee are much more difficult than a single high tier troop on arena, also fighting cataphract you won't notice anything in tournaments except that their armor makes them hitsponge.
The AI option doesn't work much, it just makes them less efficient to block and parry: with poor AI looters still calculate like ballistic expert the direction your horse is taking and hit you, that means a combo of perfect fighting AI and perfect throwing wih low skill (and that apply to players too) same with timing their pitchfork they don't even read them they throw stones until you are 2 m away and then in 0,1 seconds they switch and stop your horse. And this apply to the player too.

They basically have to add an auto-block option to spam left click and be immortal at melee. I agree with the pitchfork/lance calculation tho,I NEVER fight lance users on horseback,I know I will die before acomplishing anything.
The contrary can be said about cavalry with lances,they don't couch or aim their lance properly,you can go face deep into a 40 horse group and you won't get a single hit,that's why some people say cavalry is not as strong as in WB,when they couch and aim properly the change will be massive and the infantry will get anihilated,guaranteed.

The rock-throwing ballistics in the game is insane. Also, the coordinated attack from plebs, is insane.

Getting hit by a rock from 30+ meters with that level of accuracy is wrong.

If you dont believe me set up a a target that is the size of a head for instance and walk back 30 meters and start throwing rocks at it.

As an archer that shoots instinctively traditional bows like longbows a few times a week shooting at a 90 cm target from 30-40 meters is semi-difficult. So the idea that peasants/looters are throwing rocks with laser-guided assistance accuracy that far is very wrong.

Even throwing rocks from 20 meters is difficult. I would say they can keep the rocks but effective range and accuracy really need adjustments.

I don't mind high-tier archers being very accurate, but low-tier archers and looters for that matter should have their accuracy reduced quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom