AI Kingdom keeps declaring wars despite loosing on all fronts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary:
Well, Prince Raganvad, my liege seems to have gone crazy. It started out pretty harmless with him only declaring war against the Northern Empire, normal "1 vs 1" war between two Kingdoms, nothing special.
Suddenly we were at war with the Vlandians AND the Battanians too, I don't know, who started these wars. But what I do know that despite waging war against 3 kingdoms already, instead of ending these wars asap Prince Raganvad also declared War on the Khuzaits!
In the meantime my hopes got up, because a few seasons later he made peace with the northern empire, just to declare war on the western Empire a few days later...
Is the AI not calculating the overall strength of the own troops vs all enemies combined or why is it acting suicidal in this way?
Sturgia basically f'd itself, it alrdy lost two Cities to the Battanians at the very beginning of the campaign and now lost Omor, Balgarad, Sibir and Tyal to different enemies, along with several castles and several AI clans are starting to leave the faction, it basically is doomed, if not a wonder happens.
How to Reproduce: Just play a basic normal campaign and watch what the Kingdoms are doing diplomatically.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
D6EB3CBF879E2BDA6C91A8D56670D9544363B373

Version: 1.1.1.
Installed community-made modifications: None
Computer Specs
:
GPU:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Left some fields empty since imho they're irrelevant.

I dunno if you could call this "gamebreaking" since you can just jump ship and join another faction, I haven't progressed past the Battle of Pendraic Quest.
But if you want to help an AI kingdom, instead of founding your own kingdom, to dominate the whole map, your liege declaring war on several kingdoms at once despite not having the strength to win this is definitely broken and thus kind of gamebreaking. It basically is a reverse snowball.

PS:

In the meantime I just attached a screenshot of the Diplomacy, now were at war with nearly every other faction...

PPS: The 2 prisoners are 2 vlandian lords I captured in cooperation with the countless mercenaries Raganvad has recruited. The Vlandian Lords by now are venturing alone, without their huge armies, into our territory to raid villages near the last city of Varnovapol, which triggers countless 20 men-ish mercenary parties to venture out together and hunt them down, I just join, beat up as many as I can with my Morning Star and thus way we got them both.

Last edited:
I'm seeing the same behavior. It's pretty disappointing. Can't wait to have my own kingdom. AI shouldn't start new wars if they are losing, except maybe in extreme circumstances.

In my game sturgia lost all its fiefs, but never gave up and still runs around randomly declaring war on people. They have strength 22. King is constantly getting captured by enemies and bandits.

Sturgia is always losing. Still game is crap cuz of this thing, and strange siege calculation (without player participation).

Well I heard from friends of mine, that this is a general bug, that kingdoms are going AWOL and declaring wars left and right without regards to overall strength, but imho I'm asking why especially Sturgia is so bad.
I could only think that maybe it is overstretched territorially, they can't reach in time their cities, if they need to defend and e.g. go from all the way to the east to their western part of the kingdom.

I take it as a hardcore challenge to try to keep Sturgia alive and bring it back to old strength.

There is an example about epic calculator. T3 wall, very good defenders.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2068659350
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2068659244
Town have food for 30 days, attackers for 2 days. They escape after 3 days of siege if i join defenders but i have to lose 50% units to break the siege. Epic.
That looks about right. Sieges appear to be approximately 1:1 with only slight variation. That is, unless, all of the defenses are destroyed. I haven't had that opportunity with two matching armies, but it stands to reason sieges will prefer attackers much more at that point. This may not be true for the "Send Troops" option.

I discovered, that by having workshops in cities that turn hostile their income is not only sequestrated (like in Warband) but instead the Workshops get destroyed, I lost a large majority of my treasury because of this combined with the fact when I open up workshops outside of Sturgia... BAM Raganvad declares another war!

Even against the Aserai on the ****ing other end of the world!
I think I'll try to invest into caravans instead, maybe I got more luck with that...

I think I may have found the reason why Raganvad is going so bat**** crazy: He has a ton of enemies in the different kingdoms, even some of the former Sturgia nobles who defected to another kingdoms.
I guess that, like in Warband, Kingdoms don't declare a war on each other, as long as they got a truce, however as soon as he can, since he has enemies basically everyhwere, he finds a reason to immediately declare war.

Back
Top Bottom