AI hitting around/through shields?

Users who are viewing this thread

Arkyll

Recruit
Since day one I have noticed that I am incapable of hitting an AI around their shield.

No matter how hard I try it doesnt seem to be possible. I will specifically aim for their exposed arms, unguarded sides and flanks and still get the door knock in a similar fashion to the shield force-fields in Warband.

Yet for some reason the AI is capable of hitting me around my shield all the time. If my shield blocking isnt perfect they will knick the edges of my arms and head constantly.

Sometimes even if my blocking is perfect...
I have noticed from time to time, AI being able to hit me through my shield as I am perfectly blocking their attack.
Particularly in tournaments, I have seen swords go right through the center of my shield like it isnt there. Literally no possibility of personal error in these cases.

There are some reports of this stuff since April, and I have spoken to some players who say they also experience this, but most people say that they havent. Its annoying because I notice it pretty frequently.

There is of course the annoying phemenon of unblocking a split second before you are hit, and because there arent proper hitboxes, weapons will magically warp through your shield and/or weapon. However, when this happens in Warband, you know for sure that that is the culprit. Here, I am certain that I am hard-blocking these hits that morph through. - I dont recall getting hit through a shield in the same manner in Warband as in Bannerlord.

Anyone got any ideas what is going on?

Usually happens to me when I'm too close, like the back of my hit box stick out further the the shield hitbox so it seems like the weapon went around the shield, but some time happens in more weird ways from the front. Perhaps the bots have a shield radius buff to make them not instantly die at all times but named NPC don't? I don't know. I do know some units are very annoying to hit in mounted combat because they do seem to pull off a type of "back wards block" where the shield block a hit that seems like it should have clear shot at their back. There is a way to turn the horse as you swing to kind of swing around their shield passing though. I'm not an expert of hitboxes but I agree there's some funny business for sure.

Shields are right now wonky. In vanilla there is actually forcefield around shields vs ranged attacks so they protect more than they should. Also the hitbox for shield in melee is bit enlarged too. On the other hand shield hitboxes vs melee attacks cease to exist the moment block is not held so many shield "penetrations" might be AI not holding block for a milisecond because it decided to attack the moment before you hit it.

Back
Top Bottom