AI has a small flaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

So there I was, on a courser riding past about 20 sea raiders chucking some daggers at them while my 30 Nord warriors charge at them.  Now, instead of the sea raiders trying to fight off the Warriors that are right behind them, they decide to run after me on my courser. So they all get stabbed in the back and I'm left without any casulties.

Why does the AI target the player, rather than whoever is closest to them? I mean I was level 4 and wearing a dress, why would they target me over the guys that have a sword up their Rivachegs?

Because the AI worked out kill/knock-out player = goes to auto-calc = they get 10000 kills :1 loss.

Yeah it is a bit weird.

Yeah, it's pretty stupid and also annoying when your fighting in the arena and they all team up on you, while not damaging each other.

I 've used this a number of times to kill Rhodock or Nord armies.  Greatly minimizes casualties as you no doubt know.  A bit sporked though.

A variation on the trick is to use archers instead of footmen, kite the melee blob in circles while your archers unload. Then, switch to footmen as you'll out-health them AND out-think them. In the event that one of the enemy does get smart and split off, he likely has an arrow in his back already.

Edit: and to get tricky, put 3-4 horse archers on follow while you kite them (always firing to the left!). Any more than that and the horses tend to want to charge the foot blob and get cut down.

similary if i give all my heroes crossbows and make them line up, then stand 20 ft behind hiding behind a board sheild the forest bandits shot me, who they cant hurt and is doing no damage as opposed to the crosbowmen with no sheild that are hurting them.

Yeah I reckon it would be FANTASTIC if instead of adding new 'gameplay features', they worked on the AI a bit, because as it is, its really bloody terrible. Not that I have a problem with 'gameplay features', sometimes you just need to prioritize some things, and I happened to be of the opinion that AI can make or break a game.

Battle AI is practically non-existent, they just all walk towards you in formation. Nothing you do changes their behaviour, except when you get close to ranged units, they draw their melee weapons. Not exactly what I would call 'advanced'. It is kind of immersion-breaking if you ask me. It would be nice to actually feel like you were playing against humans, or something that had half a brain at least, even if it was a relatively basic one.

I was surprised once by AI. I was teaming up with quite big (~200) Rhodokian army against ~100 of Swadians. Battle starts. Few seconds after, I noticed that Swadians split up. Few seconds later I realized - half of Swadian team is fleeing xD at the beginning of the battle.

When I charge the enemy does not attack me but instead head for my warriors. When I hit them, a bunch of troops will follow me.
So I do not see the problem, or at least I have not encountered this AI weakness in this form.

But if I menage to get all the attention of every enemy soldier I can lure them around a circle, while my archer shoot at them. This works :wink:

Back
Top Bottom