AI gangs up

Users who are viewing this thread

Beckettz

Recruit
Apologies if this was raised somewhere else, couldn't find a related one my quick search.

Currently I am playing as Khuzaits (haven't done main quest) and it has been really boring lately. All factions declares war on me and none of them fights each other. I have had more than 10 playthroughs until now and have never seen Vlandia and Battania not waging war against each other. But here I am, trying to defend my castle against wave of enemies, first North E., then Battanians, then Vlandians, then Aserai, and by the time I defeat Aserai, North. E had already created another army to attack...

Diplomacy and wars were never stable I know but this is the first time I see this with 1.4.2. It has become very boring, I have one mindless battle after another one.

I offer peace , after a very short time they declare war again. I am around day 880 and I guess will stop this one. Is this a 1.4.2 thing or I just got into an unlucky horrible loop ?

If I remember reading rightly, I thought I saw something that said that the AI targets your settlements(and I presume kingdom possibly) based on their relationship with your clan. Maybe it's not the case, but I thought it'd be worth asking, but did you do anything to piss everyone off?

If I remember reading rightly, I thought I saw something that said that the AI targets your settlements(and I presume kingdom possibly) based on their relationship with your clan. Maybe it's not the case, but I thought it'd be worth asking, but did you do anything to piss everyone off?

Nope I play clean, chivalry didn't die ! :smile:

Something doesn't work on backend, even if player pisses them off they should still have conflicts among them. Looking at the comments, this doesn't seem like a 1.4.2 issue but rather the way diplomacy works. Wish they had worked it out

Ironic, since I can't seem to get my faction (Vlandia; I'm a vassal) to gang up on Battania in my current playthough! No, instead of fighting Battania, who's weak, already at war, and has nearby fiefs to snap up easily, we'd apparently rather wage war on the Khuzaits, who are equally as strong as we are, and who we have to traverse half the map to besiege (and who then take the castles back when we return to Vlandian lands)!

Anyway, I hope they work out these issues so it becomes less of a hassle to play either as an independent faction or as a vassal.

It seems to be related to the quest, if you create a kingdom through quest they'll all hate your guts and declare war constantly, if you just create kingdom by having a castle and i believe tier 4 clan, they'll MOSTLY leave you alone, had 1 year without wars on non quest kingdom.

I started playing my other saves which are around the same timelines, same things happen. After some point AI goes retard. In my Battania campaign, they all are at war with me and none fights each other. Since Battania is in the middle of all other factions, I am doing circles around the country trying to defend cities and castles. It is FUN !

Funny thing is, we are at war with 3 factions and my country keeps declaring war. Even if it fails, they try until it passes. Can't go against it since influence gain got nerfed. When I try to propose peace no one accepts it ( says "45% supports" smh, it is always 0 during voting ).I think I will take a break until a fix comes along, otherwise this is really senseless, you hit a wall and it gets into a grind.

Devs, would be great if you can take a look at this

Back
Top Bottom