Need More Info AI can't navigate sieges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Since I cannot upload video files here I will make a youtube video showing footage of the AI struggling to path find (I'll reply to the thread with the link when I edit the clips together and the video is rendered) . I have only noticed it when there is little AI left in the castle/town and if I am leading the army/party. Additionally the game seems to lag on sieges for no apparent reason, other than the AI is doing it somehow. On open fields I can run 30fps 500 troops fine, and I can have 1k troops running around not fighting just fine. But during sieges my game lags with just 300 troops assualting the walls. Happens even when I lower the game settings.

That was my biggest concern about the wonderful looking siege system.
When i first saw the videos of it (2016?) my first thought was "damn this is great", and the second "how the heck shall the braindead AI every handle that" after i remembered the hundrets of hours i spent in M&B and Warband sieges.

Oh btw, R.I.P. David, you're missed.

That was my biggest concern about the wonderful looking siege system.
When i first saw the videos of it (2016?) my first thought was "damn this is great", and the second "how the heck shall the braindead AI every handle that" after i remembered the hundrets of hours i spent in M&B and Warband sieges.

Oh btw, R.I.P. David, you're missed.

I'm sure they can fix it (Hoping it will be similiar to rome 2 and how they eventually fixed it).

Don't miss the Bowie, the music is forever

Noticed the exact same thing it seems to especially happen when they've risen ladders/using siege towers, and the men are standing at the base all trying to find their way up.
If that's the issue maybe teach them a bit of restraint and patience :wink:

Rome 2 was fixed by modders for me, CA ****ed it up completly, i preordered Rome 2, played it 10 hours
and didn't touched it for a year.

Gladly the music is, indeed.

Yeah I did the same, but to be fair to them they did fix the AI without mods. The AI couldn't even handle sieges on release.

Also how do I know when the Devs or some team at Talewords have seen my post? This is a pretty big issue that would have to be resolved if they wish to avoid outrage in the future.

Same issue here. I have also noticed if you join a siege defense and neither side has any siege engines, the AI on both sides will just run at the gates at each other and bug out. Quite hilarious actually.

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this topic when it was first created. If you are still experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please leave a reply to this thread so we can forward to the team for investigation.

Back
Top Bottom