AI Army on Main Map Ignores Plight of Allied Player's Party [e1.4.3.236299 beta]

Users who are viewing this thread

LordOfAll

Recruit
In brief, the allied AI armies will totally pass right by an allied (player) army besieging a city without helping.

I was besieging a major city with 300 defenders with my army of 100. (I often do this just to 'bait' enemy units to engage me).
An allied army of 400 men just passed right by ... almost marched right through my camp! ... and went just a bit further only to stop and siege a dinky CASTLE!

While the player can pass an allied army besieging a city or castle and JOIN THEM, the opposite should also be true.

'Simply' have the AI stop to help when in a certain proximity to an allied (player) army in a siege situation.

As an addendum to this, while I was besieging an enemy city, one of their OWN ARMIES passed right by and did not stop to engage my forces!
Obviously, the AI has absolutely no respect!

I haven't experienced this particular scenario, but what I have experienced was the following: I joined the Aserai as a Mercenary at first and made my money by obliterating Gang Hideouts, as well as trading. After making quite a good amount of money for myself, I engaged in battles with enemy lords. By taking them Prisoners and executing them, I made quite a few ewnemies. After becoming a Vasal for the Aserai, I have besieged a Castle and looky there, an Army of about 500 strong engages me. So.. you could say you might want to make some enemis, in order for this to happen.

Yeah I've noticed some interesting behavior like in this pic they empire and khuzaits are both sieging eachother at adjacent fiefs.

Now, it's okay, but I don't think this happened in older versions.
I' must say they've done good work a fixing the snowballing in 1.4.3 imo. I know some have complained still but to me it looks more varied and slower then before. I'm even seeing Mocump and pals getting some fief loss without me helping.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom