Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

dcolinfox

Recruit
I'm seeing armies that try to enter towns moving away just a bit and then trying to enter again, and the process repeats until the army disbands. I can only guess that this has something to do with either the army leader's criminal rating with the town/faction or an army members criminal rating with the town/faction not being accounted for in the army's AI.

1.5.5 Beta

The only mod I use is Party Screen Enhancements.

I'm seeing armies that try to enter towns moving away just a bit and then trying to enter again, and the process repeats until the army disbands. I can only guess that this has something to do with either the army leader's criminal rating with the town/faction or an army members criminal rating with the town/faction not being accounted for in the army's AI.

1.5.5 Beta

The only mod I use is Party Screen Enhancements.
It is what I call rubber banding, it is when they are either needing more food and are very low and the town doesn't have much or when some lords are low on troops and they won't leave till they get to a certain amount, I know @mexxico has been working on these issues with me for a month or two, he does have some adjustments coming in 1.5.6 to hopefully help it. It is not solved but in progress.

Please note that we can’t support any modding-related issues. You can find more information about how to remove modifications here and more information about what we think about issues related to modding here.
If you can reproduce the issue in a new, un-modded and verified campaign please let us know!
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Please note that we can’t support any modding-related issues. You can find more information about how to remove modifications here and more information about what we think about issues related to modding here.
If you can reproduce the issue in a new, un-modded and verified campaign please let us know!
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

It's not really modding related. I have a party sorter. I can't see that screwing up the AI. Add one in game or else your game is too tedious to play.

We can't support mods and we won't be sure until you can reproduce it without the mods. If you want mods, please get in touch with the modders to solve any mod related issue. Thanks.

Did anyone see my post, this is a known issue that mexxico is aware of and trying to make changes too to work on it, this has nothing to do with mods., I have a thread somewhere but cant remember, but this is AI behavior that he is working on

It is what I call rubber banding, it is when they are either needing more food and are very low and the town doesn't have much or when some lords are low on troops and they won't leave till they get to a certain amount, I know @mexxico has been working on these issues with me for a month or two, he does have some adjustments coming in 1.5.6 to hopefully help it. It is not solved but in progress.
I`ve also witnessed two weird behaving armies today (in a modded game where I don`t think the mods have caused this). One was Garios at Sargot changing between "Patrolling around Oristocorys" and "Travelling to Sargot", the other one was Caladog staying at Zeonica for days. Both kingdoms have declared peace short before, obviously while the sieges where ongoing and interrupted.

I haven`t seen this during unmodded playthroughs to be honest but what often annoys me is peace declarations when there are one or more sieges going on that you 100% would have won. Might fix the problem without having to investigate this behavior further.

Last edited:
Seem to be having this now in 1.8 Bouncing back and forth from 2 little towns taking all the food and troops over and over again. They never leave

Back
Top Bottom