AGE of CHANGE II :Progress Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

James380 said:
Eww Khergits, So annoying with their horse archers >.<
I wish you can make their archers horses a bit slower so that at least i can catch up to them more easily.
Anyways, is there some sort of a percentage you can give us as to how much you have completed for the release.
But... In all the mods, and native too, I have played in Warband, the Khergits have always been so gimped because the AI doesn't know how to skirmish with horsearchers, and instead have them charge into the fray like heavy cavalry...
I miss Mount&Blade 1. :sad:

NaimaR said:
James380 said:
I wish you can make their archers horses a bit slower so that at least i can catch up to them more easily.
Anyways, is there some sort of a percentage you can give us as to how much you have completed for the release.
But... In all the mods, and native too, I have played in Warband, the Khergits have always been so gimped because the AI doesn't know how to skirmish with horsearchers, and instead have them charge into the fray like heavy cavalry...
But! We are going to use deployment mod so horse archers are going to behave like horse archers, finally!

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
NaimaR said:
James380 said:
But! We are going to use deployment mod so horse archers are going to behave like horse archers, finally!
Good.
Is that the mod 1257ad uses?
Because i dont find it that great since 90% of the time the AI never charges.
edit: ohh actually it looks different. maybe its the better AI or something 0.o

59508479.png

We are on Mod DB  too !

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
NaimaR said:
James380 said:

The IA doesn't use the skirmish mode (i assume that you are talking about cabad'rin's mod)

I thought there was skirmish in one of those two?

On the other hand can't wait to finish draconists and then shields for orders so I can finally implement finished Greufs helmets and replace some of the old helmets we used.

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
I thought there was skirmish in one of those two?
There is skirmish in Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment, but it isn't default setting for archers, there is a command for ranged units to avoid melee (skirmish). It work good for player, but not sure if AI is able to us it.

Over the Past few months I have rarely if ever been on the forums. Real life took the better of me, both being away from my computer and studying full time I rarely had a chance to do the scripting I should have for the source but now...I have more time then I would like or wish to have meaning that I can work on the mod almost full time for next few weeks at least if not months. I am reluctant to state much about where I am up to yet but within the next few days after speaking to Zimke perhaps it will be time for a progress report.

Billath said:
Over the Past few months I have rarely if ever been on the forums. Real life took the better of me, both being away from my computer and studying full time I rarely had a chance to do the scripting I should have for the source but now...I have more time then I would like or wish to have meaning that I can work on the mod almost full time for next few weeks at least if not months. I am reluctant to state much about where I am up to yet but within the next few days after speaking to Zimke perhaps it will be time for a progress report.

Tis good news

OK, All of the orders armours are finished, now just to remake couple of shields and I'll start working on firearms, shouldn't take long, first I gotta make a list of all firearms we need.

So where are you at the moment ?
You managed to pull of an insane amount of items in a short time, my guess is that whathever needs texturing will be done soon.
That leaves coding  the whole thing right ?

Ghola said:
So where are you at the moment ?
You managed to pull of an insane amount of items in a short time, my guess is that whathever needs texturing will be done soon.
That leaves coding  the whole thing right ?
Not exactly.
Most of the data part of code (factions, troops, troop trees, map placement, settlements, lords etc) is finished, and it was the labour-intensive part considering scale of AOCII.
Scripting part is at good point too, there is few new original scripts, still working on few optional new ideas, but all critical code is ready.

I would say that coding progress bar is few percent far than other ones  :razz:

Avareee said:
How much percent is the mod finished? :smile:
In some ways you can't put a percent on a mod's progress.

Oh by the way go back a page and you will see a post that asks a similar thing (Progress on the mod) less then 5 days ago.

True, can't give any percentage, it's not only one thing but overall of 50 % job is certeanly done, coding part has the best progress %, I can't work faster then this, and a bunch of items needs to be redone.

Back
Top Bottom