Adding sound events

Users who are viewing this thread

jeansberg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I've been modifying the sounds of several mods for my personal use for a while. I've done that by adding samples to sounds.txt and connecting them to the events at the bottom of the file.

I just downloaded the module system and Python, and now I'm wondering if it is possible to add new "events" (not sure what to call them). It disturbs me that there is no specific sound for when a horse is killed and falls to the ground, for example.

I know that new faction/race-specific sounds have been added to the Holy War mod and The Last Days. But in these cases the basic "events" are still the same, like snd_man_die, snd_orc_die, etc. So if someone knows anything about this, I'd appreciate some answers. :wink:

I hope this is the right forum for this, but please move it if it's not.

Anyone? I won't bump this another time, but since i originally posted it pretty late in the evening...  :grin:

Sorry, but there's no way of adding new events. You can add new sounds for existing events, add new races that have their own sounds, and play sounds in specific situations which have an operation block (meeting another party, talking to somebody, entering a scene, using a specific weapon, so forth).

So, you can do a fair bit with sounds, but apparently not what you're wanting.

Back
Top Bottom