Adding items from another mods

Users who are viewing this thread

Red Serf

Sergeant Knight
Still amazed with the modifications in the zweinhandler mechanich and also playing the mod Phantasy Calradia, i noticed some itens who can be cool to have at the Silverstag, Here are they;
-Light Plate Armor
-Plated Charger
-The two tipes of Barbute
-A really big two handed morningstar
-some of the bascinets
Hey, post here another items from another mods that could be cool to have in the Silverstag

If the items are from an OSP source then feel free to post links for consideration, but we can't directly pull items from another mod to put in this one.  That doesn't stop folks from doing so for their own copies of the mod.

Windyplains said:
If the items are from an OSP source then feel free to post links for consideration, but we can't directly pull items from another mod to put in this one.  That doesn't stop folks from doing so for their own copies of the mod.
If i know what is a OSP source, i can help more, but i know that items are from other mod, because i see
the most of that items at the Floris modpack

I would appreciate it if the items from the Floris mod could be added to Silverstag. If found them pretty balanced as well except for the differences between war horses and chargers. Either chargers should be a lot more expensive or make war horses have the same stats (armor + charge values) so that war horses are not completely worthless. Otherwise chargers are so much better than war horses at just a slightly higher price.

For now, I mostly import some the items myself via Morgh's Tools. It's pretty easy. But I know there is a lot of work behind it if somebody would import all the new graphics, too.  :???:

I would prefer it if folks suggested specific items they'd like largely because adding too many items is what would drive our minimum specifications required from the relatively low level they currently are to the demanding one that Floris tends to have.  I am not interested in supporting different versions of the mod (like Floris did) for a number of reasons so I try to limit how high that bar is set.

Windyplains said:
I would prefer it if folks suggested specific items they'd like largely because adding too many items is what would drive our minimum specifications required from the relatively low level they currently are to the demanding one that Floris tends to have.  I am not interested in supporting different versions of the mod (like Floris did) for a number of reasons so I try to limit how high that bar is set.
I think that you would need to start a poll.But the only items that i want are the Light Plate Armor(called Churburg at the Floris modpack) and the Iron Plated Charger(I don't remenber how do they are named at Floris). That two items can improve the suggestions of new troops (for example, the Praven Retainers can use that horse and the upcoming rhodok cavalry can use the Light plate armor)

Heraldic armors dedicated to minor factions? I imagine it's planned. On the other hand Floris had so many heraldic armors that it became really hard to find a "blank" one (wich uses the player sigil if he has one).

Windy has a good point.  Adding a ton of items seems to be a common pitfall of a lot of M&B mods.  Things start to feel random and sloppy pretty quickly.  Honestly I think you guys nailed it with Floris.  It's much more important to keep the faction themes intact rather than adding bulk items because they look cool.  Here are some of the things in Floris that help define the factions (personal opinions of course)

Rhodok - Elite Highlander, Corrazinas

Nord - Viking Byrnies, Various Tartan Light Armors

Swadia - Surcoat Mails

Khergit - Elite Lamellars

Sarranid - Colored Mail Shirts

Vaegirs - Kuyaks, Mailed Leathers

As a side note, having the faction equipment specific to regional marketplaces is also a nice immersion change.

I really like the Bishop Armor from Floris.  I made a duplicate item out of that and used it as a "uniform" for my companions.

If I have a qualm with Floris it's that there are too many of certain kinds of items.  I mean, how many different two-handed swords do you really need?

Back
Top Bottom