MP Tutorial Module System Adding a new multiplayer faction tutorial

Users who are viewing this thread

Nice its for ver.1.34 right? Heard rumors there are issues with bot-spawning! I will hopefully have a soon release with my monster-factions and more the 3 bot types for some of them!

Hey

After working on this for several hours I've gotten it all to work.

I have made a copy of the kindom_banner dds and modified the first two (being nord and vaegir), copied all flags/banners from the respective files (most are easy to find, but 'flag_vaegir' and the like (needed for the siege flag (spr_headquarters_flag_vaegir) for example) are in village_houses_a.brf (wut? yeah right, village_houses_a, no idea why though. Found them after finding out openBRF has a search function  :oops:) and the flag_project_vg are as said in this topic in user_interface_b.brf, done all the script editing (and pointing to the new flags I made) and they work now. Even the kingdom_7 crashing (error about mesh=0) seems to have been solved. (I used suffix b where needed for this kingdom: ui_kingdom_shield_7b rather than ui_kingdom_shield_7) (My only issue with the kingdom_7 I still have is that they are all family members to the player in single player).

Code:
#MANARII_START
         (else_try),
           (eq, ":team_faction_no", "fac_kingdom_7"),
           (assign, "$team_1_flag_scene_prop", "spr_headquarters_flag_manaras"),
         (else_try),
           (eq, ":team_faction_no", "fac_kingdom_8"),
           (assign, "$team_1_flag_scene_prop", "spr_headquarters_flag_caneoria"),
#MANARII_END

Also, note for other players who want their own banners: copy the existing ones instead of exporting them as static will keep the set flags, and will keep them moving ingame (for the parties/lords on the map).

Hi Thunderwolf!

About the kingdom_flags I used simply kingdom_8 as the first custom one!
Seems to work more or less accurate. Kingdom_7 is blocked (in MP at least) as the faction/team_flag who is used only if two teams of same faction fight each other in MP.

Also, note for other players who want their own banners: copy the existing ones instead of exporting them as static will keep the set flags, and will keep them moving ingame (for the parties/lords on the map).
Eh what? did not understand that part.

Hi, I'm having a funny time trying to make a multiplayer_ai "infantry" class.

My new cavalry has tf_mounted and the new archers tf_guarantee_ranged, and they respond ok to command orders, but my infantry keeps thinking they're archers, even when armed only with a polearm.

Do I have to equip them with a shield and use tf_guarantee_shield? Or should I go "what the hell" and give them a bow too (the bastards!)?

:oops:, I have tf_guarantee_all and I see tf_guarantee_all includes tf_guarantee_ranged.

Gonna try, thanks for pointing, Somebody!

Hi, awsome tutorial, it works!!

I made a new faction, 4 type of unit...everything works great.
BUT i had a little problem, in multiplayer game (deathmatch) i choose 10 bots, and anyone have banner on his shield and the game have so much LAG....

any suggestion?
THANKS!

Sorry about my english, i'm from Chile.

Jajaja yes I got a bad pc (Compaq Presario C700), the lag was fixed restarting the game.
But the units had no banner on his shields...any idea?
Thanks!

I have add a faction with the tutorial but i have a problem in Multiplayer:

Name of the faction is good...

2011122300001.jpg

... but not in score table.

2011122300002.jpg

Do you have an idea?

Hi guys,  :cool:
I tried to add a plate armor to the swadian infantry. It compiled without errors, but I couldn't see the armor when i joined my (dedicated) server - till I copied the .txt files to my Client, too.
So does this only work if you mod both, client and server? I want to use the Native Module only, because I don't want that other players have to download a new Module...
Any suggestions?  :smile:

I think you may have forgotten this Mr.Master. :wink:

You can change CTF flags by editing this section here:
Code:
					(eq, ":team_faction_no", "fac_kingdom_1"),   
					(assign, "$team_1_flag_scene_prop", "spr_ctf_flag_red_team"),
				(else_try),
					(eq, ":team_faction_no", "fac_kingdom_2"),
					(assign, "$team_1_flag_scene_prop", "spr_ctf_flag_blue_team"

and here

Code:
					(assign, "$team_2_flag_scene_prop", "spr_ctf_flag_red_team"),
				(else_try),
					(assign, "$team_2_flag_scene_prop", "spr_ctf_flag_blue_team"),

Inside determine_team_flags, which is in module_scripts

Now, make sure the "fac_kingdom_7" is the number of your faction. You can change what flag will it use. Example, "spr_headquarters_flag_vaegir" could be changed to "spr_headquarters_flag_swadian" Now, if you scroll down, you will see the same codes, expect the "$team_1_flag_scene_prop" is now "$team_2_flag_scene_prop". Again, copy one of the lines, paste id under the last one and change it according to your faction.
Code:
(else_try),
         (team_get_faction, ":team_faction_no", 1),
         (try_begin),    
           (assign, "$team_2_flag_scene_prop", "spr_headquarters_flag_swadian"),
         (else_try),
           (assign, "$team_2_flag_scene_prop", "spr_headquarters_flag_vaegir"),
         (else_try),
           (eq, ":team_faction_no", "fac_kingdom_3"),
           (assign, "$team_2_flag_scene_prop", "spr_headquarters_flag_khergit"),
         (else_try),
           (eq, ":team_faction_no", "fac_kingdom_4"),
           (assign, "$team_2_flag_scene_prop", "spr_headquarters_flag_nord"),
         (else_try),
           (eq, ":team_faction_no", "fac_kingdom_5"),
           (assign, "$team_2_flag_scene_prop", "spr_headquarters_flag_rhodok"),
         (else_try),
           (eq, ":team_faction_no", "fac_kingdom_6"),
           (assign, "$team_2_flag_scene_prop", "spr_headquarters_flag_sarranid"),
         (try_end), 

Back
Top Bottom