Acres...

Users who are viewing this thread

winrehs007

Knight
I am now about 100 days in my game but still wondering how ACRES work? Will someone explain it to me. PLEASE?

Thanks in advance.

You buy the acres, which will then generate rent, though unlike enterprises you actually need to go to the 'landowners and moneylenders' section of the town to collect your rent. It's expensive but after some investment the revenue really adds up.

Bittersteel said:
You buy the acres, which will then generate rent, though unlike enterprises you actually need to go to the 'landowners and moneylenders' section of the town to collect your rent. It's expensive but after some investment the revenue really adds up.

So sum it up. You have to buy lots of Acres in order to reap the benefit of it. Am I right?

I guess it depends on what you consider 'reaping the benefits'. A couple of acres will be a minor supplement your income, but with twenty acres you can support your warband with the revenue.

It's not as lucrative as dyeworks, if that's what you're asking.

Bittersteel said:
I guess it depends on what you consider 'reaping the benefits'. A couple of acres will be a minor supplement your income, but with twenty acres you can support your warband with the revenue.

So for example, I have 20 Acres in Praven. How much is your estimation can I get per week?

Take a look at the financial report, the balance will tell you estimated profits. Assets informs you of what is actually there at the moment.

The calculation for 1 acre is Prosperity of town + 50 (-Upkeep, if you built too many extra acres).

winrehs007 said:
Bittersteel said:

So sum it up. You have to buy lots of Acres in order to reap the benefit of it. Am I right?

Yeah.  But it's great when you're founding your own kingdom.  My weekly army cost ranges between 14K and 16K.  And my investments cover it completely.  So when I'm fighting and losing money because all my villages are looted I don't have to worry about desertions.

winrehs007 said:
Bittersteel said:

So for example, I have 20 Acres in Praven. How much is your estimation can I get per week?

I think it's going to run about 2800+, maybe a bit higher, every two weeks.  Can't tell you off the top of my head with accuracy.

Duh said:
Take a look at the financial report, the balance will tell you estimated profits. Assets informs you of what is actually there at the moment.

The calculation for 1 acre is Prosperity of town + 50 (-Upkeep, if you built too many extra acres).

I was quite sure the income from 1 acre was 1/10th of its value each 2 weeks. That value can modify though.
Of course, Duh knows better ( i think he has inside information  :razz:)

From what I remember, acres give around a 3% return on investment.  That means 300 per 10000 invested per week which doesn't sound like a lot, but builds up quickly and is a great way to spend excess money.  Unlike business enterprises, they always collect rent, even during war.

Same calc for both, buying new land increases overall land though, which can possibly lead to aforementioned oversaturation and the linked upkeep costs.

Just to note, 2.6 will likely bring destroyed acres during sieges and stolen money in enemy towns - yay for balance.

Duh said:
Same calc for both, buying new land increases overall land though, which can possibly lead to aforementioned oversaturation and the linked upkeep costs.

I see, so it seems I would stay away from buying new lands for now.

Duh said:
Just to note, 2.6 will likely bring destroyed acres during sieges and stolen money in enemy towns - yay for balance.

Hmmmm, getting more and more challenging in every little way.  :cool:

Regarding the upkeep for 'excess' acres of land, could you illuminate that a bit for me? I bought a bunch of land in Bariyye and I'm earning negative cash on it; I figured it was a bug, but now I'm thinking that isn't the case. How do I avoid bad land investments?

Code:
		(try_for_range, ":town_no", towns_begin, towns_end),							#	Floris	//	Calculating Land Demand and Consequences for supply, pricing and renting
			(party_get_slot, ":population", ":town_no", slot_center_population),
			(party_get_slot, ":land_town", ":town_no", slot_town_acres),
			(party_get_slot, ":land_player", ":town_no", slot_player_acres),
			(party_get_slot, ":prosperity", ":town_no", slot_town_prosperity),
			(store_sub, ":revenue", ":prosperity", 50),
			(val_add, ":revenue", 100),
			(try_begin),
				(store_div, ":acres_needed", ":population", 200),						#	200 People warrant 1 acre of cultivated land
				(store_add, ":total_land", ":land_town", ":land_player"),
				(store_sub, ":surplus", ":total_land", ":acres_needed"),

(try_begin),															#	AI Consequences
					(lt, ":total_land", ":acres_needed"),
					(store_sub, ":new_acres", ":acres_needed", ":total_land"),
					(val_add, ":land_town", ":new_acres"),
					(party_set_slot, ":town_no", slot_town_acres, ":land_town"),
				(else_try),
					(ge, ":surplus", 20),
					(val_sub, ":land_town", 2),
					(party_set_slot, ":town_no", slot_town_acres, ":land_town"),
				(try_end),

(try_begin),															#	Player Consequences
					(le, ":total_land", ":acres_needed"),
					(val_mul, ":land_player", ":revenue"),										
					(party_set_slot, ":town_no", slot_rent, ":land_player"),
				(else_try),
					(store_mul, ":penalty", ":surplus", -1),
					(val_add, ":penalty", ":revenue"),
					(try_begin),
						(ge, ":penalty", 85),
						(val_mul, ":land_player", ":penalty"),
					(else_try),
						(store_sub, ":non_rented", ":surplus", 15),
						(val_sub, ":land_player", ":non_rented"),
						(try_begin),													#	Safety check // No penalty on rent should turn rent negative.
							(lt, ":penalty", 0),
							(assign, ":penalty", 0),
						(try_end),
						(val_mul, ":land_player", ":penalty"),
						(val_mul, ":non_rented", -50),
						(party_set_slot, ":town_no", slot_upkeep, ":non_rented"),
					(try_end),
				(try_end),

(try_end),
			(party_get_slot, ":assets", ":town_no", slot_assets),						#	Adding/Subtracting profits/losses
			(party_get_slot, ":rent", ":town_no", slot_rent),
			(party_get_slot, ":upkeep", ":town_no", slot_upkeep),
			(val_add, ":assets", ":rent"),
			(val_add, ":assets", ":upkeep"),
			(party_set_slot, ":town_no", slot_assets, ":assets"),			
		(try_end),
That is the code in charge.

200 people warrant 1 acre of land - so if the population grows the AI will eventually build more acres (every 2 weeks) or remove them, though the removal of land will only happen if there is a surplus of 20 acres compared to what is needed to support the population. The consequences for the player are a different matter - here we dont automatically buy or sell land, but alter the money he gets based on supply and demand. If all is in balance, the player receives a rent of X (Prosperity - 50 + 100 - Surplus) denars for every acre he owns - if a surplus exists, every acre above the required amount causes a penalty of -1 , which is applied to the overall rent of all acres, should the surplus be larger than 15 acres then the acres outside of the 15 surplus range are not rented anymore and the player has to pay upkeep for them (50 denars each). All his other acres receive the calculated X denars rent instead of 100. I am not entirely happy with the surplus penalty or even the entire supply and demand system for acres - so there might be change in the future. In fact, do contact me, if you come up with a good system that offers both a reasonable chance of revenue as well as some risk.

In the next patch, i balanced some tihngs and added another safety check. Currently you can really only go into the negatives, if you build a bunch of land. Just buying it from a town, is very unlikely to cause that, unless you own it over a long period, they had low prosperity over a long period and their population left due to that.

Go into the bank area (menu) of a town. It will be automatically added to your character.

To collect the money, click on the text to go to the moneylenders and landlords screen. This is the same screen you go to in order to buy land. Once that screen opens you'll collect any money you've accrued.

TakeYourProzac said:
To collect the money, click on the text to go to the moneylenders and landlords screen. This is the same screen you go to in order to buy land. Once that screen opens you'll collect any money you've accrued.

I see, it's automatically collected when I go that menu. Am I right?

Back
Top Bottom