Accurate Weapon Length Not Represented?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hans 77

Knight at Arms
I apologize in advance if this issue has already been brought up, but I can't find it anywhere.

It feels like universally, all the weapons are shorter than they appear. Meaning that their in-game models are not an accurate representation of their actual length.

It feels like you have to constantly face-hug your opponent just to get within reach of hitting them. It seems like every melee fight is this super claustrophobic face-hug, and even stepping back just a pace or two puts you and your opponent out of reach. This obviously applies to sword and board, but even 2H feel way too short.

In Warband, the variation in weapon length was very noticeable; you could literally feel your weapon's reach in your hands. For instance, a 1H battle axe and elite scimitar have very distinct reaches and you could also easily discern how far their range was, not just by playing with them, but by simply looking at them.

My question is:

1) Is anyone else feeling this way? Or is just me?

and

2) If so, do you know if this a deliberate design, or a result of things like hitbox and reach still being unfinished?

I feel like every one handed weapons are too short, even some two handed weapons seem to have the same reach than one handed swords.

I do find this really true for spears and stabbing weapons. Had no problem in warband, but in bannerlord, I either glance or I miss most of my spear stabs. It's much harder gauging my real weapon's length.

Back
Top Bottom