A Vikingr 2.0?

Users who are viewing this thread

Furbat

Recruit
Hi, just out of curiosity, might there be a 2.0 at some point?
I ask not out of dislike for the current features, but out of lack of ability to use them. Perhaps if Vikingr received a major update, it could be built on a newer Warband version to allow newer CD keys to work, as like many I am unable to play this mod because of my CD Key. Thanks for your time!

Furbat said:
Hi, just out of curiosity, might there be a 2.0 at some point?
I ask not out of dislike for the current features, but out of lack of ability to use them. Perhaps if Vikingr received a major update, it could be built on a newer Warband version to allow newer CD keys to work, as like many I am unable to play this mod because of my CD Key. Thanks for your time!

This has been discussed extensively, and while no new major features are available at this time, I've been on the side of releasing a compatible version.

As per this answer here; an update to Víkingr would see several features lost due to the absence of the WSE. This would include friendly horse bumping and, for reasons beyond me, special characters in names. Hex-editing would no longer work for folk who desire to use the proper language.

Wait for Bannerlord.  :shifty:

Leifr Eiríksson said:
As per this answer here; an update to Víkingr would see several features lost due to the absence of the WSE. This would include friendly horse bumping and, for reasons beyond me, special characters in names. Hex-editing would no longer work for folk who desire to use the proper language.

Oh, that sounds familiar....  :oops:
Thank you for your responses, hopefully Bannerlord'll make an even better Vikingr base than Warband has.  :grin:

Leifr Eiríksson said:

That could take over a year. In the meantime, why not simply release what you have just so people can enjoy it (or any form of Vikingr for that matter) for the time being, assuming the work is all done? If it would require too much extra work i can understand, but if it's done and you just don't want to set up a release for it yourself then surely somebody could be found to do so? I certainly would prefer a populated Vikingr with 2 relatively minor features missing over nothing, and I believe most here share that feeling.

Yeah, I was going to say. An active Víkingr with fewer features is surely better than an intact but inactive Víkingr at this point.

I disagree that they're minor features though. :sad:

I would rather say the problem is that there are no people to really implement a Vikingr 2.0 right now. Even if the version would be ready to roll out, you would still need people for bug fixes, balances (since there are, as far as I know more than two features missing) and stuff like that.
Since there is no active Vikingr Modteam, that would probably be impossible to do.

That said, there are waysto play Vikingr with a new CD key, but I really can't write more about that here.

Well, apparently it seems unlikely that a new Vikingr for Warband will be coming out, so I suppose my question's answered. :p Thanks for all your input. Now, am I supposed to lock this? Not sure. :p

Back
Top Bottom