A Taleworlds run AU server plz!

Users who are viewing this thread

TheTomdebomb

Sergeant
lately the AU has been thought to be "splitting apart" because of the introduction of a new big AU server that only does TDM. GloVine has now shut down and the AU community is left without a battle/siege server. I have found a server hoster (Bluefang Solutions) but I lack the money to create a big server. I was hoping that here Taleworlds could help me. I have been admin on  a few servers including MG_US_Official long ago. I would happily be admin and give it out. this might also boost the AU population on taleworlds. I know you accepted LCC as the hosters but now they are in Civil War and are tearing apart. I went on there last night and said I think we should go on taleworlds and now I am banned with this message

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: Intentional Disregard for fellow community members. If You dont like the forums, don't be here.

A ban has been issued on your IP address.

I think this is unacceptable and I would like to move the AU community to taleworlds instead of a dictorial privately run forums. These forums seem to be well maintained and neat and I think this is the place to be.

Hope you listen to my plea for help and contact me on steam

Steam name = Tomdebomb
email = [email protected]

signed Tomdebomb Legate of the VIII Augusta and Mayor of the NEC Life Guard Pavlovski Grenadiers.

I've run into more and more Aussies these days, I support this message unless it's out of the way to make a server for them.
Edit:Because they have to play on US servers, the AUS ones aren't doing the trick.

Yeah, a Taleworlds run AU server would be good. Especially since we will not have people such as skitzo taking a community effecting role in it.
+1

We do not have any resources to run an official Australian server.

As such if you want to play on a official one your either forced to play on the NA or EU ones, which give you higher ping.

You should however, like everyone else, start a server with a bunch of clans and chip in.
We currently have about 80 NA servers and 130 EU servers run by the community regiments.

I think what is going wrong in the australian side is that the community is fairly small, but if you give people options to join different servers, eventually they will find a server they prefer the most.

GloVine came to me and asked if they would be allowed to carry the "official" in their server name, I told them the only way that could happen is if they run the server exactly like the other "offcial" servers, meaning following our exact rules, admin regulations and server settings like on our Official NA and Official EU servers.
To my knowledge they done this to their best of their ability, however I recently heard that they pulled out due to conflicts within the Australian community, From what I've seen so far, a bunch of childish behavior, from facebook pages to sending fake insulting support tickets towards the GloVine company, which is simply childish.

I understand why GloVine pulled out of your community, a company has no interest in something that costs money and shows no benefit for the company, but only such behavior as described.

I suppose if you guys all get together and decide where you Australian community should be heading it is best to look back at what you had and maybe think of ways to get it again.

Thank you.

Dear reader,

I am an admin from LCC and I would just like to start off by saying to any LCC member who reads this topic please do not post a reply. It is not worth it and it will just cause problems.

To let everyone know GloVine has NOT pulled out of our community, they have only pulled out of NW. We have attained a good friendship with the great crew at GloVine and we work beside each other enjoying each others company.

LCC is not tearing apart or having any civil war. The NW server side of things has come to a conclusion. All that the admin team is doing at the moment is trying to keep the peace and deal with a few childish players.

Just to Inform you Tom. LCC has only ever banned one other player in the past. This was a very long time ago when LCC stared to make an appearance. We were justified in our action to ban him, as his offences were so horrible that crime stoppers was actually informed.At current the admin team have been on our toes trying to stop all the abuse that was thrown around. A few players were temp banned from the team speak and others were warned and monitored. You on the other hand were the only one to be banned from LCC due to your abuse, threats and LCC/GloVine hate spam. We were again justified in our actions to ban you and we do not appreciate that you have carried this over to the taleworlds forum, giving the LCC community a bad name.

This post was just to inform everyone from LCC to NOT post any replies to this topic for the pure fact that we don't want to cause any problems here. The post is to also inform everyone that LCC is doing fine and GloVine are still continuing to provide us with amazing opportunities. I am sorry Vincenzo that this was spilled on to the forums that you moderate, may i please make a suggestion for this topic to be locked.

Sincerely,
Methadone.

Vincenzo said:
We do not have any resources to run an official Australian server.

As such if you want to play on a official one your either forced to play on the NA or EU ones, which give you higher ping.

You should however, like everyone else, start a server with a bunch of clans and chip in.
We currently have about 80 NA servers and 130 EU servers run by the community regiments.

I think what is going wrong in the australian side is that the community is fairly small, but if you give people options to join different servers, eventually they will find a server they prefer the most.

GloVine came to me and asked if they would be allowed to carry the "official" in their server name, I told them the only way that could happen is if they run the server exactly like the other "offcial" servers, meaning following our exact rules, admin regulations and server settings like on our Official NA and Official EU servers.
To my knowledge they done this to their best of their ability, however I recently heard that they pulled out due to conflicts within the Australian community, From what I've seen so far, a bunch of childish behavior, from facebook pages to sending fake insulting support tickets towards the GloVine company, which is simply childish.

I understand why GloVine pulled out of your community, a company has no interest in something that costs money and shows no benefit for the company, but only such behavior as described.

I suppose if you guys all get together and decide where you Australian community should be heading it is best to look back at what you had and maybe think of ways to get it again.

Thank you.

What do you mean you don't have the resources?

TheTomdebomb said:

Running a server is expensive, it costs money. FSE is not one of the large multinational developer/publisher companies that have large amounts of resources.

Deofuta said:
TheTomdebomb said:

Running a server is expensive, it costs money. FSE is not one of the large multinational developer/publisher companies that have large amounts of resources.

Ah I see, Well I have found a server Hoster that if we get enough people to buy servers will only charge 15c a slot, they host EU, NA and AU. Also there are tonnes of offcial servers for EU, NA why dont you take one down and put up an AU one?

Also there are tonnes of offcial servers for EU, NA why dont you take one down and put up an AU one?

I'd imagine that all the EU and NA servers are on server boxes so that you would need to take out all the EU or NA servers to give them to the AU community.

Was really happy to see gamearena server for commander battles and also an Official AUS NW server (Was running battle at the time).
Had a great time playing a few epic commander battles last night with a nice ping of 26.
As a hussar I rode between the enemy lines with my fists in the air shouting UHRAAAAAAAA.... or FREEEEDOOOOM! :grin:

Calvary seems a lot stronger now as well and can be deadly when attacking unorganized infantry.

rejenorst said:
Was really happy to see gamearena server for commander battles and also an Official AUS NW server (Was running battle at the time).
Had a great time playing a few epic commander battles last night with a nice ping of 26.
As a hussar I rode between the enemy lines with my fists in the air shouting UHRAAAAAAAA.... or FREEEEDOOOOM! :grin:

Calvary seems a lot stronger now as well and can be deadly when attacking unorganized infantry.
If you say cavalry is good in the NW forums prepare to get hate.

Don't really think this is a problem anymore :smile:

128 TDM server, two 200 slot servers. One Glovine, the other public(?)
I think there is enough servers, I had trouble choosing what one to play on.. :lol:
As well as the mentioned Game arena server. Native is doing quite well at the moment, a new Oceanic capmagin I believe. CRPG has returned as well. Lots going on in Australisan community,PW is still about and Nord Invasion

Menelaos16 said:
rejenorst said:

If you say cavalry is good in the NW forums prepare to get hate.

Cavalry in NW is essentially the same as going courser against war spears in native, even for the heavier cav. It is possible, but you have to be mindful of opponent tilding and only bump slash when the opponent is unable to get a stab off. The high speed of the cavalry makes this possible, but you're never going to kill a solo non-distracted inf unless he makes a huge mistake, or is new. Using hedges to break LOS on tilding opponents can give you the ability to kill. You can't charge, even against sword inf.

Back
Top Bottom