A Ruleset actually based on the Community - Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

• Alot of rules are able to bend or simply loophole them, that's why I'm makking this new ruleset and discussion on TaleWorld, it will improve everytime there has been discovered a better rule in the dicussion below or a person looholed his way around, thus it will be editted aswell.

The origal planner of this topic was made on the Oasis forums by a retired Head Admin named Master, since the disucussion there has come to an end and the ruleset won't be used by any chance I'm making a new and better one, that will be editted everytime and up to date.

This ruleset is ment for the server Oasis and it's owner Connor, copy right is not ment for anyone else but them, if still copy the base of this rule-set it will be reported.

This is not the final form, nor will it end devolping.

One below has been copy-pasted from Master and editted here and there by myself, if you find any grammar mistakes or anything like that, please let me know.
    • GTv5G6U.png
      1. RDM (Random death match):
      You must have a valid kill reason, listed below (war, kill reasons etc.)
      These phrases aren't seen as insults:
      Noob
      Idiot (depends on the situation and context)
      Beginner
      You're bad at *Something*.

Examples of kill reasons:
      They have insulted you in local chat.
      They have stolen your items or loot. (No-loot demand required - see looting rules) Note, Loot is defined as armor or items which were gained through a kill on a person who had it.
      Horse thievery (Screenshot/Video required).
      You are at war.
      A player has kicked/punched you 2 times.
      They have ignored the "no-loot" demand prior to items being looted from the ground, including corpses.
      You have been threatened by a person with a weapon. (Proof required E.G. Screenshot/Video).
      They are destroying/stealing your property. (Screenshot/Video needed).
      They are interfering in your war (Screenshot/Video needed).
      You are kicked from a faction (You can attack the lord who kicked you from the faction).
      The lord of a faction can attack someone who tries to vote a new lord (The player who makes the poll not the guy being voted to lord).
      They have given you any demand (valid or not) and threatened you with death.
      You can kill the guy who put an assassination contract on your head if you manage to find out who did (through in game roleplay)
      Being given the demand to leave an area/ room/ building.

Be aware:
      You can't tell someone to leave land they/thier faction own(s).
      You can't tell someone to leave the map/ server.

Kicking someone off of a bridge/high building or anything like that and he takes damage is considered RDM.
      KoS may only be declared by a faction's lord when a member in the faction, or someone from outside the faction is harassing by not following orders, such as opening/lowering gates when told not to (Screenshot required!)
      When demanding someone to leave, you will need to be specific of what to leave and state his name/faction ex. "Leave the castle land Conner".

2. NDK (No-Double Killing):
      When a player has been halted, and all demands properly followed, they cannot be rehalted by the same faction/player for at least five minutes, common sense being used.

3. Help Rule:
      Outlaws can only be helped by other outlaws. (Faction members and Commoners cannot help outlaws even if they ask for help)
      Players may only call for help in local chat. (Note - Calling for help out of game, via TS, Steam chat, or anything that cannot be proven by in-game logs, will not be counted as a valid call for help)
      Members of the same faction are not required to call help (Note - this means in the same in-game faction, such as black faction. Using similar or clan tags, such as "Lannisters" does not count if the players in question are in separate factions.)
      You can't have a kill reason for something out of the game, such as on TeamSpeak, the fourms, or things not related to Persistent World.

Note:
      You can't have a kill reason for something out of the game, such as on TeamSpeak.
      You can't call for help outside the game.

4. Impersonation:
      You may not pretend to be someone which you are not, for instance pretending to be an admin whilst you are not, or having official faction tags equipped when you are not in that faction.

5. NRR (No revenge rule):

You may go back to your own body and loot your gear, but must not initiate any form of hostility for at-least 10 minutes after your death, this includes if he's attacking your faction members, If the killer demands "no-loot" prior to loot being recovered, then you must obey this and not loot.

5. War zones:
      You may not simply kill players for being near a warzone. It is the responsibility, as the combatent, to make sure you're killing the correct players. (I,e. There is no excuse for any player to run up to a commoner, claim "warzone" and club him multiple times.)
      All such complaints made on players killing noncombatants will be admin discretion. (I,e. A mis-shot from a bow versus a player beating a third party to death with an iron club over multiple hits).

The following are exceptions to the warzone rule:
      Doctors may be killed on sight, regardless of faction, if seen healing an enemy faction member.
      Looters can be killed on sight inside the warzone.

6. War rules:
      When declaring a war you need to clearly state three times in the chat that you are declaring on the given faction, prior to declaring the war.
      The attacking faction must make valid attempts to capture the enemies' castle, if the the faction who declared make no attempt to capture/siege the enemy castle within 15 minutes of declaring the war may be deemed as illegal, repeated breach of this rule may result in the perpetrator being banned.
      You cannot war a faction which has no land.
      War can't be declared on the Outlaws or Commoners.
      The defending faction may redeclare after peace even if 70% is not at the mercenary camp, redeclaring must happen in less than 15 seconds.
      You may not redeclare a redeclare.

Note:
      Atleast 70% of your faction's men must be either located at your castle or at the mercenary camp - If you have no land you must locate your men at the mercenary camp.
      You may not declare war if you have faction members or banners, inside of the enemy castle(s).
      Default wars (created after server reset/restart) are not considered war, killing someone because of it is RDM.

All banners from the declaring faction must be inside your own castle, or at the merc. camp.
      After a war has finished there needs to be a 15 minute peace between the factions that had war.
      The only exception is that if an ally of yours (Stated with A://*faction name* in your factions' name) gets into war.

7. Combat logging:
      You may not logout during an hostile situations, such as you are being chased, you are being robbed, you are being taxed, you are in a warzone, you are being demanded, regardless valid or not.
      Combat logging because you feel someone broke a rule is still considered combat logging even though the other person broke a rule.
      After combat, you must wait 3minutes to safely log out with no rulebreak being committed.

8. Demanding:
      You must give somone 10 seconds to comply with a demand.
      Demands such as "Stop hitting me" me or "Stop insulting me" must be followed, otherwise the player has a kill reason.
      For instance when an player enters your faction's castle, you may demand him to leave.
      You may not demand something which the other player can't do,such as leaving the server, drowning himself, to jump off a wall, or do anything that results in death/damage to be taken with following your demand.
      You may not demand someone not to speak.
      You may not demand someone to insult another player/faction etc.

Note:
      If a player has complied with demands, he may not be killed.
      If demands are are complied to, the robbery is over, and the player may move again - the halt demand only lasts for the period of the robbery/demands.

9. Looting rule:
      If you kill someone, anyone looting that body may be killed as long it is within a 1 minute time frame from the initial death. Attacking a player after the 1 minute has passed for looting is considered randoming if you have not stated "No Loot"
      Dropping items/money/etc with the sole intention of calling no loot to kill others is prohibited. Players caught doing this will be punished accordingly.

10. Halting:
      When halting you need to say the name, eg. "Halt Conner". If you just say "Halt" it is invalid.
      When you are being halted by someone, you have a kill reason on the initiator of the halt.
      You must either halt every single member in a group, or you can halt by faction name eg. "Bohemia's halt!".
      Halting grants a kill reason to the player/faction being halted.

11. Robbery:
      Item robbing (such as armor, weapons and horses) is limited to outlaws only.
      Factions can rob any faction for 100% of the money pouch, but not for items
      You cannot rob someone of something they do not have. (e.g. If the person displays a pouch containing 500 gold you cannot tell him to drop 1000).
      Robbing using animations is invalid.

Take note:
      A Players, be them faction members or Outlaws, may not call for help when they initiated the robbery.[/b][/u]

12. Imprisonment:
      You may only imprison someone for less than 10 minutes, unless the player being imprisoned agrees to stay longer.
      You may ransom players within the 10 minutes, but if nothing is paid, it's not a kill reason.

Note:
      Slavery is not allowed. Meaning, you may not force a player to train another class, such as serf, and force them to perform certain actions, such as mining, under threat of death.

13. Exploiting glitches/bug abusing:
      The abuse of any of PW's native bugs or Oasis's script bugs is strictly prohibited, such as logging out with crossbow bolts and then rejoining to refill your bolt stack.
      Blocking with a cart/horse pack/back pack even slightly is strictly forbidden, this includes bridges, doorwars, entrances, pathways, siege ladder points on walls or anything which may otherwise prevent a player from having a clear right of passage.
      Cart cannot be used as a shooting platform on the walls.
      Robbing someone after becoming an outlaw by killing faction members and getting outlawed by your faction lord.
      Logging out to gain a full inventory of bolts/arrows.

14. Discrimination:
    The usage of major racial insults or discriminating/homophobic insults of a person, with the sole intent to disrupt gameplay and personally insult another player.
    No re-inactments of events such as modern beheadings, which currently are happening in the Middle-East.

15. Global chat:
    No flaming, excessive hate, discrimination or insulting in global chat.
    No global insults directed to specifically a player or a group isn't tolerated, treat eachother with respect and also treat other players and groups like you want to be treated. Warnings may be given out, repetetive insulting will result in punishment.

16. Assassination contracts:
    In order to hire an assassin you must have a valid kill reason trough Roleplay (see valid kill reasons) when hiring the assassin must state in admin chat: the contractors name, the reason for the contract and the target, take note: the contract is off when the contractor(s) dies or/if the target himself, only people in the commoner/outlaw faction may take contracts. Giving an invalid contract reason is extremely forbidden, giving contract reasons about things that never happend, such as ,,he burned down my farm" which the target never did, are forbidden and for this the contractor will be punished for.
    No need for admin approval.

17. Misc:
    You may only eRP when the player you are doing it with does it voluntary.
    Admins may only heal players when the player count is less than 30 players, and can heal for the fee of 5000 (5k) gold.
    It is not allowed to share anyone's personal information over any of Oasis's platforms without the person of whom you are spreading it agrees.
    Players are not allowed to advertise any other PW/PW related server over any of Oasis's platforms.
    Harassment in any form is not allowed. Griefing (e.g. punching and kicking extensivly twice, extensive horsebumping) will be punished. The interpretion of the rule will be decided by the admin.
    If an administrator feels a player's name is not appropriate or suitable for the server he reserves the right to make the player change it. Eg. Adolf_Hitler.
    You may not attack or kill an administrator on duty (Logged in with tags (TA, A, SA, HA, SO)), doing so will result in a ban until appeal.

Things that has been discussed but not quiete accepted by the community or simply was a change in the ruleset.

May be brough up back to debayed.
-Example of a sentence which is a kill reason:  Someone says: "You are a ****."
- A player has kicked/punched you 3 times. (Changed to 2)
- You may not come back and kill someone after you have died because the killer killed you before you last died.
- Horses are defined as loot.
- Any castle that is being sieged is a warzone and you can be killed regardless of your faction, even as commoner you can get killed, this does not mean you can kill everyone you see inside these areas, common sense deemed to be used.
- The valid siege warzone's are: Castle farms/castle walls/inside the castle/gate house.
- Territory:Castle farms/castle walls/inside the castle/gate house.
- There may be no player having a banner present at the enemies castle while declaring.
- After combat you must wait 5 minutes untill logging out. (changed to 3)

A wall of text. Reading right now :grin:
What is no-loot demand and eRP, also I don't like that people can robb all your money, that sounds really unfair as the game will be a pain for the robbed person.

erennuman_mb said:
What is no-loot demand and eRP, also I don't like that people can robb all your money, that sounds really unfair as the game will be a pain for the robbed person.

Then don't walk with alot of money around, ever seen a robber saying -''Alright, I'll be taking 25% of your money!''. realistic a robber would take everything you got and leave.

Hagaron said:
erennuman_mb said:

Then don't walk with alot of money around, ever seen a robber saying -''Alright, I'll be taking 25% of your money!''. realistic a robber would take everything you got and leave.
Or they just kill you.  Can I do that because it's realistic?

Froi said:
Hagaron said:
erennuman_mb said:

I said a robber, not a murderer.

Hagaron said:
Froi said:
Hagaron said:
erennuman_mb said:

Some bandits in M&B do say Surrender or die! right away you know.

erennuman_mb said:
Hagaron said:
Froi said:
Hagaron said:
erennuman_mb said:

Some bandits in M&B do say Surrender or die! right away you know.

Then they are slave traders.

Why a wall of text? Where are the ol' few good rules, which worked better and were way more fun than all these books of rules used nowadays?

Nothing about the rule set is original. Don't be so silly. Anyone can copy it if they feel like it; reporting any 'copies' to the moderators will probably result in them being annoyed with you for wasting their time.

Anyway, a ruleset that big is ridiculous. RCC got away with rule sets ranging from a couple of lines to a few paragraphs at most (varying based on how 'HCRP' our community is during certain periods. During the very early days, we only had one rule).

Honestly you're wasting your time. Rules have a minimal impact on anything - everything is influenced by the make up the people who run the community and the community to one extent or another, varying based on how the admin team operates. Oasis (much like Nexus did towards the end) has a weak leadership that rolls over every time an issue arises. They let individuals control and dictate what goes on, often for (real) money or fear of them taking players away from them. Only reason they have the power is because the administration let those individuals get that power.

If you want a ruleset you should make it bare-bones and make it easy and understandable. What you've written is something I would never read (and haven't - I'm sorry, but it really is a wall of text) and I'd wager just about every other bugger would ignore it too; even HCRP servers shouldn't (and often don't) have rulesets that extensive or complicated. Examples and elaboration shouldn't be needed because the rule in itself should be an example.

...Really, Oasis should do away with rules (and they never will, I can promise you that). There is no point in playing there unless you want to kill people. All the rules do these days is protect clans like the 91st/Lannisters, Lorraines and all that. Can't remember all of the clans, only those two right now - but you get the idea. Make them more extensive and more numerous, and they just become more abuseable (groups who know and understand them can manipulate situations so that others may get banned, for example) and increasingly difficult to moderate.

And don't forget. PW is not a roleplay mod. It is a faction/team based PVP mod.

Z0mbiN3 said:
Can't agree more with N0body. He's right in all the aspects he mentioned.

N0body's always right, ffs he lead the biggest server and if he put up a second RCC when it was always at 200 it may have gotten 100-200 people too. He hits almost everything on the list.

The community has grown so ignorant to see how **** it acctualy is. If people would stop to see that all this ban mongering and other things really does ruin the experience for everyone.

To control it, we need to have a whole "book" of rules to keep them ruining the enjoyment.

chunky_monkeh said:
The community has grown so ignorant to see how **** it acctualy is. If people would stop to see that all this ban mongering and other things really does ruin the experience for everyone.

To control it, we need to have a whole "book" of rules to keep them ruining the enjoyment.

Well you are in charge of Oasis and indirectly of the community. So if you want changes, then do it.
But off course this requires not being afraid of loosing population or donation $$$.

Nobody got some valid points there. The only real purpose of the current popular rulesets is to protect clans and their abusive playstyle. Most of them loophole the rules to sustain their aggresive stance and banmongering these who arent liked or accepted by them.

Back
Top Bottom