A Poll of the 'Sturgian Experience' in 1.4

What's your experience of how Sturgia does in a 1.4 Playthrough?

• Sturgia is the first kindgdom to be destroyed

Votes: 39 38.6%
  • They decline at about the same rate as Battania - gradually losing to the vlandians and the khuzaits

Votes: 29 28.7%
  • They just hold steady - not gaining much land... but not losing a lot

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • They make some slight / modest gains in territory

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • They are strong and dominate

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

funnily enough the only constant in my games so far is that sturgia holds their ground until 1 faction steamrolls them completely and they never recover from that. sometimes its almost instant, sometimes it takes a few years but it has always happened for me.

My current game started in 1.4.0:

iyPTjzj.jpg

I play as Sturgia a lot and start new campaigns for most patches. The second they get into a two-front war (usually Khuzait and Battania or Vlandia), they start losing several cities and castles.

Unless the player joins really quickly (less than day 50) and puts in a serious effort to weaken Sturgia's enemies, they usually lose a few cities and castles before day 150.

If they sign a peace treaty and only face a single-front war, then they aren't too bad in stability compared to other kingdoms... but it always eventually happens that the Khuzait start stealing lots of territory.

With 1.4 no mods and new game i played as Sturgia for the first time ,,they had lost the west side of there land to Bat and Vlan.. after 1 year into the game i joined them.. as soon as i joined they was a peace they stayed at peace for 8 months... now i have past 3 years. have taken back the west and have never been attacked by the Khuzait or any Empire yet... Myself i only took one Castle so i think it just takes them a little time to worm up..the thing is it shows us just how different each game can be on what we do before or after we join the game.

Playing as a vassal of sturgia currently. Havent gotten too far into the game, but at the moment we are at war with Vlandia, The northern empire and the Khuzait. So far we're holding our ground (even captured Baltakhand), but I think its just a matter of time before we're overrun.

Playing as a vassal of sturgia currently. Havent gotten too far into the game, but at the moment we are at war with Vlandia, The northern empire and the Khuzait. So far we're holding our ground (even captured Baltakhand), but I think its just a matter of time before we're overrun.

Small update, a short time further into the campaign:

4gReP2L.jpg

As suspected things are falling apart. We just made peace with the northern empire. but oh so clever Ragnavad went ahead and decleared war on the Southern empire within a day.

funny on m&b discord everyone saying sturgia is destroying them in 1.4
some people even stopped playing because how hard sturgia snowballed
from 10+ people sturgia either dies too fast or steam rolls too hard
snowballing seems to only happen with surgia
either they snowball or get snowballed

Just started playing again and right away Ragnavad decleared war on the western empire as well. Three lords just went up and left (including Olek). Now we're in 4 simultaneous wars, 3 of which were started by Ragnavad. He really needs the chill pill.

GGmWVL7.jpg

I was just in a battle as a Sturgian mercenary where 1000 sturgians took on 1050 empire and lost... they were then declared war on by Battanias and vlandia. Up until that point they weren’t doing bad. I left the kingdom and watched them crumble.

Playing as Sturgia vassal in my current campaign. I am at day +500 and Sturgia is one of the weakest factions, despite of I am doing a lot of work.

I was just in a battle as a Sturgian mercenary where 1000 sturgians took on 1050 empire and lost... they were then declared war on by Battanias and vlandia. Up until that point they weren’t doing bad. I left the kingdom and watched them crumble.

Did you check what type of troops was against each other ? because that detail can make a difference no matter what army you're in

Last edited:
As has been the case ever since EA release, they're performing terribly in 1.4.0 aswell. This will have been alleviated a little bit with some of the recent changes, naturally, but the overall trend is the same and it happens roughly at the same speed aswell.
By this point, there has been many good threads on the topic, here is a very good and recent one regarding AI behaviour and geography: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ften-grows-strong.421493/page-10#post-9434024

Did you check what type of troops was against each other ? because that detail can make a difference no matter what army you're in

It was a pretty even fight.. Unfortunately the Stugrian general decided to charge the 50-60 calvary we had in the army and lose it. While they still killed a good amount, it was a waste. Then what ended up happening is the Sturgian archers lost against the empire, which let to the entire sturgian army getting cut down pretty hard after they defeated a majority of the infantry. It was a long and awesome battle. I ran it again a few times via my save and it was always the same results with very small differences. A few more AI tweaks and i think these battles can become even more epic.

It was a pretty even fight.. Unfortunately the Stugrian general decided to charge the 50-60 calvary we had in the army and lose it. While they still killed a good amount, it was a waste. Then what ended up happening is the Sturgian archers lost against the empire, which let to the entire sturgian army getting cut down pretty hard after they defeated a majority of the infantry. It was a long and awesome battle. I ran it again a few times via my save and it was always the same results with very small differences. A few more AI tweaks and i think these battles can become even more epic.

oh damn i know that feeling ^^ Good show then i guess except for the cavs. But Sturg Archers loosing against Empire seems a bit unlikely. Have they nerfed Sturg Archers ? Or could be that AI command miss placed em as well. But yeah i can agree its gonna be when they got the AI tweaked a little bit better especially formations. But Ai saved my ass big time once though ^^ Sometimes they have not....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom