a little help again....

Users who are viewing this thread

Assassin101

Knight at Arms
can anyone tell me whats wrong whit what i did.... i tried to take a dagger from a mod that was in m&B 1011 and put it to warband  of course the resource the texture module thing and the itemkind item but when it starts i recive a error something like cant find or cant open costumes5 from texture folder  pls help:sad::sad::sad:

Next time post in forge.  But to answer your question, I think you forgot to put in the matrial and texture in the BRF file.

i put the daggers texture the thing whit the costumes5 texure i don't know what is...is it possible that i need to port the weapon to warband?

Could you explain a little more clearly what exactly you've done? Porting from native to warband should certainly be possible, you may have missed something minor.

i copied the resource file from one mod to another  i put the texture in the texture folder  si copied the line from  the module.ini  put the weapons in the item kinds and thats all:sad:

Aha. You forgot one step.
FrisianDude said:
Open the brf file again, click 'import' in the task bar, then click 'import material', tick the box that says 'also add a new texture', then browse towards your texture-file and do that. Your .brf should now have three tabs, a mesh, a material and a texture tab. Click the weapon in the mesh tab and type the name of the material in the 'material' box which is in the 'data' part in between the list of items and the viewing screen. Compare the data of your mesh and material with the data of Native meshes and materials and change the spec.RGB, Coeff and flags bits so they at least look like the native items.
That should be it, really. :smile:

"""type the name of the material in the 'material' box"""""" what material name the name of the item(dagger) or the texture one?

The name of the material. The material is something in between the texture and the mesh. If you followed what I just quoted you should have a material now. :razz: (which would be in the materials tab in the .brf file)

i did all that u said still the asame error i triyed  tu put the spec rgb flags  and the coeff      if i pute the item in a text file i give u the resource and the texture could u port and tri it to me? pls

I was looking for a thread D'Sparil made years ago about how to port items between mods, but I can't find it at the moment. It might be that your dagger mesh says it doesn't have flags, it should have flags. Click the mesh and then put 30000 in the flag box (which probably has a zero in it at the moment.)

Okay, I've tried something with the files you sent and the .brf and .dds looked okay, though you could probably get rid of a lot of material and textures references in your .brf and I've used the module system to produce

Code:
 itm_silver_dagger Silver_Dagger Silver_Dagger 4  slv_dagger 0  slv_daggar_scaba 3458764513820540928  dagger_b 251658240  dagger_b_scabbard 3458764514072199168  12664834 9223372072044986383 37 155668 0.750000 100 0 0 0 0 22528 109 0 47 0 275 22
Remove your mention of the silver dagger and place mine instead. Also; the number at the top of the item_kinds1 (around 600) has to be expanded by 1 everytime you add an item, iIrc. Give this a shot.

Yes, sorry, I just tested. But now I know exactly what's wrong. Open your y-armor.brf and delete ALL materials and textures except for the epee2 ones. You'll find you also have two epee2 materials and textures1; delete one. Don't delete it too quickly though, my openbrf crahsed because I did that. Once you have nothing but the meshes 'slv_dagger' and 'slv_daggarscabbard,' one material 'epee2' and one texture 'epee2' left it should work.

I should've spotted this as soon as I read your problem. :C
1. You have the material and texture twice because I said so, sorry!

Back
Top Bottom