A good free photo shop program

Users who are viewing this thread

I've never used GIMP before but I know that an artist who blames his tools... ... ...

[quote author= Draconis Topmen]Oh and no offense but GIMP is a retarded system for texturing[/quote]
Um, why? GIMP is a excellent choice ... I've textured with it, and I can't say anything bad about it.

cdvader

amade I don't blame myself im a really good texturer its just i need a good program now because i need to finish this thing

Its like using an oil spatula for water coloring it cant be done.

Paint.net, google it. It's a free program almost identical to Photoshop, but not quite as good and missing a few tools. But what do you expect? It's free.

Draconis Topmen said:
amade I don't blame myself im a really good texturer its just i need a good program now because i need to finish this thing

Its like using an oil spatula for water coloring it cant be done.

Well considering how others have been able to do wonders with GIMP I don't think that analogue is applicable :razz:

Granted, I wouldn't feel comfortable if I had to switch from PS to other softwares either but I don't think I would go so far as to calling it retarded.
Like Austupaio said, you can't expect too much from free stuff.

Are there any particular features that you must have that you can't find in free programs?

Draconis Topmen said:
Oh and no offense but GIMP is a retarded system for texturing

Gimp makes textures just as good as any other program, you probably just don't know how to use it to its full extent

Back
Top Bottom