A Fork in the Road v0.9.2 [Map]

How detailed should interiors / decorations be? (and other general eye candy).

• the bare minimum

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Enough to give it a sense of realism

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Incredibely detailed

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I like cookies :D

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

xombie5

Sergeant Knight at Arms
still lacking eye candy

youl be lucky to find a building with anything in it other than weapons &c - there are virtually NO decorations. these will be added later.

PLEASE give feedback and bug reports as soon as possible - as the sooner i can fix major bugs the sooner you guys get a propper release.

there are NO BARRIERS yet - meaning you can go ANYWHERE that is meant to be out of bounds. do NOT ***** if you decide to go where you arent supposed to and get stuck.

in the mean time, here's some sneak peaks.  (picture content subject to change)

mb5h.jpg

mb8i.jpg

mb10k.jpg

mb11f.jpg

AND THE OVERHEAD VIEW - terrain on the left riverbank (trees &c) , decorations and interiors still being done.
mb12j.jpg

TRADE LOCATION VIEW
mb24.jpg

STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL OF HOW TO MAKE IT WORK (for server owners)

33041480.jpg

75580592.jpg

48306845.jpg

39369969.jpg

DL - http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2573

last update:24/2/2011

TIPS FOR TRADERS:

though it may be more profitable to simply trade iron and iron alone - youl find it to be much more worthwhile (inthe long run) to also trade wood. the reason for this is: if you trade wood AND iron to the foreign mercahnts, this will give you iron to trade on the way there, and PLANKS to trade of the return trip - of which the foreign merchants are by the local iron and wood merchants - so - to make good money it helps to spend money (just sayin')

Hmm i only have a theoretical idea rather than a practical one, but you would spawn in a dungeon and then there would be three different paths that he can choose to walk through depending on his class however i have no idea whatsoever how and where it can be used XD

Mabye there could be like 3 tunnels and once u step in 1 u cant join the main chamber again, and in each of the 3 tunnels there would be unique items depending on the class that you will play. Duno just a vague idea ;p If anyone can actually formulate my thoughts feel free to do so XD

Only two castles? Finally this might be a map to my taste.:smile:

I'd suggest a grouping of something like this:

Each castle could have a small village for serfs underneath it with one castle+village combo having woodcutting area near it, the other mines. Then the big town could have the tavern, town watch, church and secondary industry. This could create a clear situation where serfs cutting wood and mining would be the serfs of the two castle owner lords/factions who could tax them, ask them to work for free sometimes (robot) while serfs operating the furnaces and so on in the town could be craftsmen of the town.

Thorkel said:
Only two castles? Finally this might be a map to my taste.:smile:

I'd suggest a grouping of something like this:

Each castle could have a small village for serfs underneath it with one castle+village combo having woodcutting area near it, the other mines. Then the big town could have the tavern, town watch, church and secondary industry. This could create a clear situation where serfs cutting wood and mining would be the serfs of the two castle owner lords/factions who could tax them, ask them to work for free sometimes (robot) while serfs operating the furnaces and so on in the town could be craftsmen of the town.

well, one castle is a relatively small castle close to a mine. the other is REALLY big with the large city in/part of it. the keep is designed for a faction to hold with the townwatch dealing with the town/city. this is also the area with the .... lots and lots of difficult to conceal tunnels xD

so i suppose its more accurate to say there is one castle and one fort...

there are other bases ofcourse but i wouldnt call them castles, and i certainly dont plan to give them armories unless im convinced otherwise on point 6.

id like to claim the fort as the house of green dragons. if i may :razz: or can you make me a small wooden outpost?

I would like the castle to only be relatively close to the mine and not too close xombie if thats ok. Since we all know castles are not always run by factions.

Aethelbert said:
I would like the castle to only be relatively close to the mine and not too close xombie if thats ok. Since we all know castles are not always run by factions.

1 - yes, that is ok , and i dont think they are too close.

2 - in the future it would be better to ask for massive changes like moving a castle/economy system when i ask for it in the middle of development - not right before release, luckily they aren't too close xD

Nice. And if there is forest can you make there litle tree house  :lol:.
btw. you can name it for me :grin:

Yould be awsome yeah but i think this will be greath if you set less water and more ground ...cause we cant walk on the water XD

the sea was a ground area until about 6 minutes before that screenshot, but i decided to turn it into water as i wasnt quite sure what to do with it - but it means theres plenty of space to add **** if needed.

Yeah , I like to see water in the game it's boring to have just all land lol , Also it would be a cool feature to the map to add like a small community fishing town? , Just an idea and maybe like a inside cave fortress that leads in off the water although might ruin some features of the map.

Back
Top Bottom