MP A different deathmatch/duel system

Users who are viewing this thread

Elbromas

Recruit
When I join the TDM server most of my fun is goofing around with people that dont want to fight, we generally explore, do dumb things around and glitch from here and then, and when we want to fight, we just fight. I think the possibility to hang around in this world is a really cool experience, proven by mods like Persistent World/ Persistent Kingdom, but since they're in another level and require an extra effort to play it (generally you have to roleplay and work for money) I thought adding a system like what Jedi Academy had may suit this game a lot. How is that exactly? Let me elaborate:

Jedi Academy maps were genius, since you could: DM, Duel and hang around all in the same map. So instead of having different hosts for different maps, for different people and different needs it just gathered all togheter and people dont have to switch, maps dont have to go dry and those who want to do this or that will always have the chance of doing so without waiting for players to join a server. They just join one server and thats it, thats where the fun is cointained. Okey, but I have to elaborate on how it worked right? When you join a server you are in this very big map, it had taverns, rooms, backyards, statues and stuff, and a battle ground, so lets say you just want to fool around with people, you go to the tavern and you sit in a place and just chat or converse. You got tired of that? You go to the battleground, you draw your weapon which is a sign of "I want to fight" and just fight, then if you died you just spawned near the battleground and joined again. Now lets say the nonsensical murder tired you, you go near a player, press a button - lets say "K"- and a duel triggered between you and him, you didnt got interrupted, you didnt get bothered by other players. Isnt this cool as heck? And since maps where mostly big enough, playing even in 1 felt nice and immersive because they contained interesting places to visit or to hang around.

Back
Top Bottom