A couple of questions regarding family trees (+ family for faction leaders)

Users who are viewing this thread

First of all, is it possible to assign a family (wife, children etc) to a faction leader?
It seems like my lines of code are ignored by the game - is there some special way of doing it, or is there a workaround?

Secondly, the 'slot_troop_sibling' (and a few other similar ones) is commented out within the header_constants.py file - is it working code, waiting to be enabled or is it just there for looks?

Thirdly, which script governs inter-lord relationship? Shutting down the auto-family tree seems to set all lord's relations to 0.

Kohlrabi said:
First of all, is it possible to assign a family (wife, children etc) to a faction leader?
It seems like my lines of code are ignored by the game - is there some special way of doing it, or is there a workaround?
Anything is possible in this regard.

Never interested in family relations code, so I'm guessing: all relation scripts go inside kingdom_heroes (_begin/_end constants), and it does not include kings. Expand the range to include kings

In the module_troops.py, kings are included within ["kingdom_heroes_including_player_begin"  -> ["heroes_end"

Within the module_scripts.py, however, no family relation code seems to be working regarding the faction leaders, they end up with an empty page in any case.

In this case, age works, but he doesn't get assigned a wife.
(troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_5_lord", slot_troop_age, 53), #"Ernst, Herzog von Bayern-München" -
(troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_5_lord", slot_troop_spouse, "trp_kingdom_5_5_wife"), #(Elisabetta Visconti)
EDIT: Age doesn't get assigned either actually.

Age works here too, but he doesn't become his son. He does get his proper mother though.
(troop_set_slot, "trp_knight_5_5", slot_troop_age, 25), #Albrecht III. der Fromme, Herzog von Bayern-München
(troop_set_slot, "trp_knight_5_5", slot_troop_father, "trp_kingdom_5_lord"),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_knight_5_5", slot_troop_mother, "trp_kingdom_5_5_wife") #Elisabetta Visconti

Doubleedit: After reading a little closer ( :oops:) I found out that you were referring to module_constants.py.
I'll try editing that one instead :wink:

Tripleedit:
Changing lords_begin = "trp_knight_1_1" (in module_constants.py) to
lords_begin = "trp_kingdom_1_lord" worked like a charm!

Screen:
aaacy.jpg

Be careful with this simple solution, it can create problems elsewhere as kings are separated from lords for a purpose
I meant more difficult solution of expanding parsed lords range specifically in family related scripts

GetAssista said:
Be careful with this simple solution, it can create problems elsewhere as kings are separated from lords for a purpose

The faction leader (Ernst in this case) seemed to work fine, he had the regular dialogue options with becoming a vassal etc.
I didn't change the
"
kings_begin = "trp_kingdom_1_lord"
kings_end = lords_begin
"
part, so perhaps the faction leader is doublereferenced without causing any problems. (Time will tell :wink:)

As for this part:
GetAssista said:
I meant more difficult solution of expanding parsed lords range specifically in family related scripts
More difficult solution indeed, I have no clue of how to do this. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom