A 12.6 MB update has ruined my life!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

paladinx333

Sergeant at Arms
I received a 12.6 MB update and ever since, the game will hang randomly while I am riding across the map. It seems to happen while the game is processing the daily tick event and all that message spam is cluttering up the screen. This did not happen prior to the update.

Am I the only one having this issue?

I checked the tech support forum and did not see anyone post about it. 1.5.9 worked OK for me, but that little update seems to have broken something.

Works fine for me, the update did not change anything in how my game works. Have you tried to see if it happens in a new save as well?

The update was for MP only, so it should not have changed anything for SP. You should create a thread in the Technical Support area and see if you can get help there.

EDIT

Different, new update, I see! Make sure you delete the Documents folder (backup saves and mod order, if that is applicable), that always helps me with new updates.

Last edited:
I received a 12.6 MB update and ever since, the game will hang randomly while I am riding across the map. It seems to happen while the game is processing the daily tick event and all that message spam is cluttering up the screen. This did not happen prior to the update.

I checked the tech support forum and did not see anyone post about it. 1.5.9 worked OK for me, but that little update seems to have broken something.

Have you tried verifying your game files? Perhaps you got a corrupted download?

Any mods installed?

You could try rolling back to a prior patch and seeing if the issue persists.

Also modding tools have tendency to remove some 100 files form the game sometimes when game patches, so verify is your friend. Also, recent patches definitelly affected SP AI so they were not MP only, so its possible that they broke something in one of the mods you are running (for example they broke our fix for gate breaking so we had to fix it again).

Which mods are you using? I've got quite a few and I'm not having any problems, but most of them were updated within this later part of the month so that could be it. Have checked to see if the mods' authors are aware of the update today or if the issues have been posted there yet?

Which mods are you using? I've got quite a few and I'm not having any problems, but most of them were updated within this later part of the month so that could be it. Have checked to see if the mods' authors are aware of the update today or if the issues have been posted there yet?
For me it was Vassal Titles but that got fixed.

This is the one I'm annoyed about, such a small thing but it adds a bit of roleplay potential which is so lacking:

For me it was Vassal Titles but that got fixed.

This is the one I'm annoyed about, such a small thing but it adds a bit of roleplay potential which is so lacking:

Oh, I don't have either of these. Have you tried contacting/leaving a message for the one that is currently broken? Though I suspect that will be futile, hasn't been updated in a very, very long time. :sad:

Hopefully there is a way for you to at least rollback.

Oh, I don't have either of these. Have you tried contacting/leaving a message for the one that is currently broken? Though I suspect that will be futile, hasn't been updated in a very, very long time. :sad:

Hopefully there is a way for you to at least rollback.
Nah it won't get updated. Hasn't broken my campaign and it's pretty minor but it's the sort of thing that'll put me off playing for a while. Like why are such basic and obvious things not just part of the game? Why do I have to rely on one random guy uploading a few lines of code to be able to have relationships with individual characters in an "RPG" ?

Yup, running Freelancer and AI module of RB. The game crashes in about 2-3 minutes regardless of whether I am in a fight, running around the map, or doing something else. Was perfectly fine till last fix

Nah it won't get updated. Hasn't broken my campaign and it's pretty minor but it's the sort of thing that'll put me off playing for a while. Like why are such basic and obvious things not just part of the game? Why do I have to rely on one random guy uploading a few lines of code to be able to have relationships with individual characters in an "RPG" ?

It does suck. I do not have the answer for you, only that we can hope it gets addressed later into EA. Fingers crossed? ?

Since MP and SP uses some methods together it's understandable it crashes if the mods uses these methods also.

Edit: oh this Patch now, my bad. It's mor SP related

Back
Top Bottom