Resolved 8/28/2020 Live Branch Game Wont Launch

Users who are viewing this thread

My game was working just fine before when I was on 1.4.2, however ever since this latest patch 1.5, or 1.5.1 my game will not even start up when I press play. The launcher icon appears for 3 seconds before vanishing and closing bannerlord. I have deleted all my mods, removed the fixed launcher, and have now validated my steam files, updated my graphics card drivers, reset my pc, allowed the program through my firewall, and still nothing has worked. A clean install is literally not an option for me, I need your help to solve this problem in some other way, whether that's a small fix patch from the TaleWorlds team or you guiding me to fix my problem without installing the game again. Please help! @MArdA TaleWorlds

A clean install is literally not an option for me
Unfortunately, that's the only way we can be sure that the game files are not modified.
Have you checked this topic before? The reason behind this might be missing dependencies, a third party app blocking the game or might be on our side. But, we can't reproduce this on our end. That's why we need to make sure we both are trying the same thing on even grounds.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, that's the only way we can be sure that the game files are not modified.
Have you checked this topic before? The reason behind this might be missing dependencies, a third party app blocking the game or might be on our side. But, we can't reproduce this on our end. That's why we need to make sure we both are trying the same thing on even grounds.
Omg THANK YOU! The workaround that you suggested by circumventing the launcher and opening bannerlord.exe directly from where it was suggested in the guide WORKED. This leads me to believe the issue is with the launcher in the most recent update as in the previous update my launcher was working just fine. Hope you guys are able to fix this issue in time, but for now I am happy just to be able to play and am extremely grateful for your help! I thought I had tried everything before, but that workaround was key.

unknown.png

FIXED! Solution was to run the bannerlord_be.exe file directly which also included battle eye. Thanks again for your assitance!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom