SP Sci-Fi 40K mod: Storm Over Tartarus [Temporary Sleepy Time]

Users who are viewing this thread

Archonsod said:
Meltagun is essentially a microwave gun. Devastating at close range, less effective at long range.

Only vehicles I could see working in M&B would be bikes.

Dude, c'mon, microwave?...

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Melta_Weapons

Are sure they are 40k rulebooks? There is only one microwave gun I ever recall and it was in either Rouge Trader or one of the more funky GOTO books... if GOTO can be called a writer and the bunch of papers Black Library sells with his name on them called books.

Archonsod said:
Only vehicles I could see working in M&B would be bikes.

I was thinking of giving sentinels a go too (it'd be fun, ADMIT IT!!! ADMIT IT NOW!!! DO IT!!!) but yeah bikes would be the main vehicle ill still attempt necron destroyers (dont have to be vehicles)..... mmmMMMM....40k...
Worbah said:
Hot ****, fourth edition?

yep, the image Highlander used for his 40k mod is the cover for the 4th Ed rulebook...

.....Goddamn im tired.... *drops dead*

*comes back from the dead*

is it possible to make multiple scenes for capturing cities?

like a sequence of battles on different battlefields that you have to complete in order to capture the city

ive designed a city where a mining operation is on the north east edge of the city. the mining operation leads to the Mechanicus Forge sector, where the weapons of the imperium are made, that links to the residential area of the major spire (consisting of a chapel and numerous indoor houses and defendable positions) from there it goes to the final area which would be the Administratum (top floor, where all the important people hangout :razz:). four scenes the PC has to go through to capture the city... itl be worth the effort since you'd get a MASSIVE amount of faction Requisition(:razz:) points rewarding you with daemon troops, special weapons/items/armour

well its just a plan, what i want to do.... what do you all think?

Story Mod did it, but it was in the story line.

But ya that would be fun, and challenging.

"Space marines, to me!"

*charges*

actually, that would look great. Except for when they slow down and stop. And when you mount them.

uh i said they DONT have to be vehicles... i was thinking about it just recently and wouldnt that make theyre rear end, like, "wag" when they move?

how would the damage output be worked out then? i was thinking of the boltgun as more of an assault rifle so i was going to make it single fire with a 20 round clip... (20 rounds cause thats the Clip ive put on it... ill add the barrel and curved clip designs later on today if i have the time)

Each "burst" would be one attack.  Fully automatic weapons don't do to well in M&B, at least from what I remember playing the StarWars mod.

If you remember back to Starcraft, it would be like the Marines' attack.  They fired a burst, but the game only calculated the damage from the burst, not each bullet.

less complicated too LOL.... ill end up making multiple polls on the features that would make the 40k Universe more "complete" to gamers

Kastor said:
To begin with, i wasnt going to announce this mod untill i had completed ALL the models requred (minus UV maps...since im **** at Texturing) for the game, but i figure it would be easier to get off the ground if i didnt need to worry about python and basically everything but the general design and 3d Modeling aspects of the Mod... ive already completed  a number of models which will appear below this post in a picture flood.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone would want to donate there time/knowledge/models/skills etc to this oh so Holy cause!

Thanks in advance! :smile:

and as extra ill need the guidance of all the more experienced MNB modders...

NOTE: this mod involves a space marine chapter of my own creation, though i plan on adding another more "loyal" chapter to the mod in the future...

SETTING:
Tartarus: Imperial planet on the Outer Rim, homeworld to the Ex-Communicate Space Marine chapter: Legion el Muerte and numerous imperial cities. Fudal World. The entire planet is surounded by a warp anomalie labeled Astropath's fury, preventing further investigation. Declared Perdita by the Inquisition. Necron activity has been reported on the planet's surface, there are also Numerous reports of Chaos Cult markings in and around major Cities such as Máquina 45-87X and De Largo Alcance.
The Game takes place in M:41.9824. The planet Tartarus has been engulfed in the Astropath's Fury Warp Anomalie for little more than a year. Ancient Necron Pylons protecting the Tartarus from the Solar Storm begin to fail, awakening the planet's Tomb World citizens. Necrons make their way to the surface of Tartarus and begin to harvest the world's habitants... the imperials decide to fight back knowing that either way, they are doomed...

PLANNED FEATURES:
  • Completely New list of weapons and armour
  • 4 Different Factions to join, Imperial Guard, Lost and the Damned, Space marines & Necrons
  • War system
  • The ability to become a Necron
  • New Map with New Textures and Map Icons
  • The ability to play as a Space marine
  • Faction Influence
  • Story quest line

OK, heres the weapons i have already made:

1) Space marine shotgun
2)Imperial Plasma Pistol
3,4,5)Necron Legs, head and body
6) Imperial Guard Helmet
7,:cool:Gauss Gun & Gauss Blaster
9) Chainsword & Evicerator (Evicerator to be redone though)
10,11)Space Marine 'Bolter' W/ and W/O Magazine
12,13)Heretic 'Bolter' W/ and W/O Magazine (magazine for chaos are visible bullets, not your standard Cartridge )

ZOMG! thats ALL ive done!

i still have these models to make:

1)Space Marine Armour (Chaos black with Tin Bitz and Boltgun Metal details and Goblin Green Eyes)similar to the Necrontyr)
2)Space Marine Greaves
3)Space Marine Gloves
4)Lasguns with various unique details for Heretics and Imperials
5)Same with Laspistols
6)Meltagun (i have an idea of how i want the "Melta effect" to work/look)
7)Imperial Guard Armour
:cool:Imperial Guard OOC (out of COMBAT ) Uniform
9)Heretic Uniform
10)Boots for Imperials and Heretics....
11)Imperial Plasma Gun
Ill make the troop trees and then finish the item list, feel free to suggest stuff you recon should be in the mod...

am i too tired to notice anything other than a quote?

anyway... im off to bed, maybe itl look different in the morning :wink:

Don't bet on it.

It would be a bit strange to have the player able to join a Marine chapter as well as an IG regiment. After all, they'd need the genetic modification and implantation to become a Space Marine scout before they could become a Marine.

It might make more sense to make the player a non-standard type of character (means they can pick and choose equipment and factions without needing bizzare story twists). Psykers, Assassins, Missionaries and inquisitors would allow for such freedom (and incidentally make decent starting classes :wink: ). Might also be sensible to consolidate the Imperium forces into a single faction (have the player handed missions by the Lord Commander Militant or alternatively have the Inquisition running the show).

Regarding weapons, you might want to expand the melee armoury somewhat. Not only do you have the standard stuff (knife, power fist, chainsword etc) but you could also include some of the older weapon types (chain axe, power halberd, power axe and so forth).

If your not planning to make the 'cron destroyers as vehicles you can leave the horses in and chuck in a spear and you've got yourself some rough riders.

Back
Top Bottom