3D Model export from warband

Users who are viewing this thread

bombey

Recruit
Hello. Is there possibility to export complete  3d model of buildings, props etc with textures. It seems that brf editor allows to export only simple mashes (not textured).  So is there a way to get a complete model out of the game?

Already thanx for answer.

Ofcourse i know where textures are stored, anyway i still have to convert them from dds to jpeg and then i have to RETEXTURE the model. I just wanted to know if there is a way to export model with textures, ready for use in other softwares, such as 3ds max

All you need to retexture a model is the texture and a paint program. You don't directly paint models. At least I don't know about such a possibility.

bombey said:
Ofcourse i know where textures are stored, anyway i still have to convert them from dds to jpeg and then i have to RETEXTURE the model. I just wanted to know if there is a way to export model with textures, ready for use in other softwares, such as 3ds max
Yeah, the workflow is to export the model as OBJ and work with the DDS in whatever you are using.  I don't use Max so I can't give you the workflow, but I'd be really, really surprised if Max doesn't have a DDS plugin to support that format.

Maybe you are looking for something like 3D Ripper DX, basically captures a 3D shot including the textures and saves the scene to a folder:

- capture all geometry, textures and shaders, rendered during single frame;
- import captured geometry into 3D Studio Max or Maya;
- see what exactly has been drawn by each individual draw call;
- see renderstate, textures, vertex streams, index stream, vertex declaration, vertex and pixel shaders (including HLSL source code if available) of each individual draw call.

3D Ripper DX supports only DirectX 6.x, 8.x and 9.x applications. OpenGL, older versions of DirectX and software renderers are not supported.

It's free, i used it to capture some models in different postures for statues.

http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm

Back
Top Bottom