3600x better than 3700x on Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi everyone

I heard that 3600x, due to his high TDP, is better than 3700x on certain games...

It seems that Bannerlord doesn't use all the cores of the CPUs. It uses few cores but it pushes them to their limit.

Do you confirm? Is 3600x really better than 8 cores 3700x on Bannerlord ?

It kind of strange as we know Bannerlord needs very good CPU...

Thanks!

Last edited:
If i remember correctly they said bannerlord will use as many cores as possible, so the 3600x might be better now but the 3700x will outperform it later on. i might not be 100% correct but i seem to remember so

That WILL not be the case!

"Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord relies even more on CPU usage than Warband. Hundreds of characters, more advanced animations, an Inverse Kinematics system, individual AI, formation AI, combat calculations, (which do not change in respect to distance or visibility,) and many other requirements really increase the burden on the CPU. In order to accommodate this, our optimisation efforts are more heavily focused on the CPU. We generally try to use Data Oriented Design, which enables us to achieve high amounts of parallelism and core usage. Currently, 60-70% of the frame is fully parallel, which means it can, and will, use all of the cores of current and next gen CPUs for the foreseeable future, (the old engine generally used to use 1, or at most 2 cores.) This means that as new, higher core count CPUs begin to emerge, Bannerlord will scale well with the new hardware and players will be able to test bigger and denser battles. Currently our aim for battle sizes on current generation high end gaming CPUs is at 800 characters, at 60FPS."

Source

That WILL not be the case!

"Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord relies even more on CPU usage than Warband. Hundreds of characters, more advanced animations, an Inverse Kinematics system, individual AI, formation AI, combat calculations, (which do not change in respect to distance or visibility,) and many other requirements really increase the burden on the CPU. In order to accommodate this, our optimisation efforts are more heavily focused on the CPU. We generally try to use Data Oriented Design, which enables us to achieve high amounts of parallelism and core usage. Currently, 60-70% of the frame is fully parallel, which means it can, and will, use all of the cores of current and next gen CPUs for the foreseeable future, (the old engine generally used to use 1, or at most 2 cores.) This means that as new, higher core count CPUs begin to emerge, Bannerlord will scale well with the new hardware and players will be able to test bigger and denser battles. Currently our aim for battle sizes on current generation high end gaming CPUs is at 800 characters, at 60FPS."

Source

This seems to already be the case for me on my 3700X in large battles of 600+. I'm usually above 50-60ish FPS and it's consistent. Thanks for pointing this out though.

Either way I'm still enjoying a solid 80-100 FPS most of the time on my 3700X, that's paired with a RTX 2080 and 32GB of RAM though. But the 3700X still performs solidly.

Did you try to play separately with 16go and 32go? It would interest me to see if there is a difference because im on my way to buy 16 more giga but I'm not sure at all about the result.

If u could find the time to test it, it would be very helpful

Thx mate

No benchmarks but I've seen people who own 3700x, 3800x etc saying that the game can use 90% of their CPU, which means the extra cores aren't just sitting idle. And I've seen my 3600 at 100% which means it could have used more CPU if I had more.

O
No benchmarks but I've seen people who own 3700x, 3800x etc saying that the game can use 90% of their CPU, which means the extra cores aren't just sitting idle. And I've seen my 3600 at 100% which means it could have used more CPU if I had more.

Ok, so, it's just a matter of time.

They seem to work on it intensely these times so maybe it will be fix soon.

So no hurry for my 3600x, the more I wait, the more chance I have to see a concrete difference.

If you are relying on BL for your upgrade, just wait. I have a 7700k, and like yours, it will be more than enough for mediocre-large battles, but for the full release in a year or so, optimization will most likely skyrocket which could be the time to upgrade for something with more cores like the 4000 Ryzen series.

I'd like to upgrade possibly from my 6700k. I won't until I see some professional benchmarks, since only this game and Total War Warhammer are the two games I find worth upgrading my processor for.

Back
Top Bottom