Resolved 2h axes are able to hit multiple enemies

Users who are viewing this thread

When using 2h axes it is possible to hit multiple enemies at once.

It is unclear whether it is intentional or not. Other 2h weapons do not seem to exhibit similar properties.

Example
Example uses a blackheart, but it has been reported that this also works with the tournament 2h axe.

If it is, then I do not understand the logic behind it being exclusive to 2h axes, but as said, I am unsure if this is intentional and if it is, then it might be unintentional that it's exclusive to 2h axes and if it's not intentional then it's a bug.

The Multi-Hit perk gives a 40% damage bonus when you hit multiple people in a swing on the second, third, fourth guy, ect. It's intentional.

It's not exclusive to axes, either. I've done it with a smithed war scythe (Polearm, once killed three dudes in a swing when I galloped past clashing infantry lines) and a war razor (Two handed sword). Basically if the weapon is long enough and the second/third/fourth guy doesn't block your swing will carry through with a damage penalty. The Multi-Hit perk negates some of this penalty (Though it seems that with it you'll hit guy #2 with 100% damage)

The Multi-Hit perk gives a 40% damage bonus when you hit multiple people in a swing on the second, third, fourth guy, ect. It's intentional.

It's not exclusive to axes, either. I've done it with a smithed war scythe (Polearm, once killed three dudes in a swing when I galloped past clashing infantry lines) and a war razor (Two handed sword). Basically if the weapon is long enough and the second/third/fourth guy doesn't block your swing will carry through with a damage penalty. The Multi-Hit perk negates some of this penalty (Though it seems that with it you'll hit guy #2 with 100% damage)

Interesting you mention Polearms, because I wasn't able to cleave with it. And I was watching a Streamer who was testing it, and couldn't pull it off either. So either it's incredibly hard with a Polearm, or it's an inconsistent bug.

I find it more difficult to do on some units. Looters I cut through like wheat, but sea raiders and the like it doesn't always go. I guess target armor has something to do with it. Oftentimes in tournaments when I get a sword unless I hit the head I bounce my hits on them though they didn't block, and I get single-digit damage numbers. Big fights are too chaotic for me to notice when/if bouncing happens, and I'm swinging much harder hitting weapons on a mount, so if it is happening I wouldn't be surprised if a swing that bounces does way more than single-digits.

Within my extensive use of 2h weapons, which is most of the time, I've only been able to pull it off with 2h axes, I've tried to force it with both polearms and other 2h weapons, but to no avail.

Back
Top Bottom