2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Users who are viewing this thread

I might be biased due to my interest in Middle East reporting, which is why it seemed major to me when it happened. I actually read their pieces on ISIS. My main problem was that the Rukmini Callimachi was merely reassigned, while some other journalist (Lauren Wolfe) was fired for saying something like 'having chills' when Biden's plane landed in Washington before the inauguration ceremony. Whatever the true reasons were, we may never know, but from my perspective it's a case of double standards with different people. 'Reassigning' someone for false reporting is quite a big letdown for me.

I think the title may be misleading and he may merely want to be asked first for permission to use his name (and deny it when they raise funds for Republican anti-Trumpers). It's also true that his name means serious $ when fundraising and he may want to make more money for his political fund.
Both explanations are in-character.
Interestingly he was warned against waging a campaign of retribution against Repubs that didn't like his post-election antics, as it weakens the party and takes pressure off Dems. But this is something that Trump really wants to do and I bet we will see unfolding.

I mean whatever his reasons, he did send a cease and desist letter to some of the main Republican organizations. That by itself appears bizarre to me. If he is the main figure in the party how else are they supposed to fundraise? Donate to help He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named? :lol:

I'm sorry if i interrupt a conversatiin. I have 2questions for next election in US, and thought this thread can be good place for my questions. Here they are:

Q1: Which person can be next president in U.S. at options below?

A- Kamala Devi Harris
B- Donald John Trump
C- Bernard Bernie Sanders

Q2: ( I dont have problem with Harris, i just find Sanders better for all. And, we can guess why ppl dont vote for Trump or Biden in general. So, with these notes, second question is: ) Why ppl in U.S. didnt vote enough for Sanders/What is bad that preventing him being president?

Thanks for any possible/objective answers. I wonder answers.

By the time of the next election, Sanders will be either 83 or dead. I prefer him and his politics over most other Us politicians, but no, not an 83 y/o. Basically the same goes for Trump.

Harris is even emptier a shell than Biden.

I'll be a US citizen by then, if those are the options, I'll sit my first election out :razz:

B- Donald John Trump
That's Donald Jenius Trump.

Q2: ( I dont have problem with Harris, i just find Sanders better for all. And, we can guess why ppl dont vote for Trump or Biden in general. So, with these notes, second question is: ) Why ppl in U.S. didnt vote enough for Sanders/What is bad that preventing him being president?
He is too far left to win an election. If he ever competes against a Republican, their political attack machine will portray him as a dangerous communist. There's no way he would win even if the Republican nominee is Trump's toupee.
However, if you get all your information from Bernie Bros on the internet, you may be deceived into thinking he's the best option for the US.
He's great at mobilizing the freeloading youth with free candy, but he's the protestor type that won't be able to govern and compromise. If he ever becomes a President, he'll have great trouble passing his legislation even through friendly Congress, but at least he'll give great speeches.

I am with @kurczak on Sanders. He would be great, but by then he will just be too old. As a general rule I don't think anyone older than 70 should be President, if you do it properly it is an incredibly stressful job even if you are younger (just look at any previous president before and after). There can be exceptions but 80+ is just insane.

As far as Sanders not receiving enough votes, it boils down to what @MadVader said. He has been painted as a dangerous communist, and establishment Democrats think he is too much of an extremist and that he would be vulnerable to Republican attacks.

I don't agree with that myself, Republicans will paint anyone a dangerous communist anyway (they did that with Biden of all people). No one who would care about that representation would vote Democrat anyway, and in fact I am willing to bet that Sanders would have stolen a lot of votes from the low wage people in the Republican base.

Back
Top Bottom