2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Users who are viewing this thread

The protests aren't just about one guy getting his neck crushed. They're about police brutality and racism in general, which I'm pretty sure isn't native to Minnesota. Looting and destruction are bad but they are expected parts of any riot, especially when the police are deliberately inflaming things by attacking random people and kneeling on more necks than just the original guy.

I don't think it helped that the man who should show a cool head and try to calm things down talked about shooting people. And now extremists are using everything that has happened as an excuse to cause wanton destruction. What bothers me most is that from there is evidence that a lot of the people involved in the riots couldn't care less about the actual issue, they just want to cause chaos.

The events occurred in Minnesota and are indeed valid. If you want to protest, go to Minnesota and protest away. Breaking windows and stealing cell phones in NC is just thuggery.
It happens all the time, all over the country. Your town having black people in charge of their law enforcement doesn't make that any less true.

I meant more that one good town isn't the entire country. There's always gonna be vultures looting with **** like this but you can't just dismiss the whole thing as a bunch of thugs breaking **** for no reason.

I meant more that one good town isn't the entire country. There's always gonna be vultures looting with **** like this but you can't just dismiss the whole thing as a bunch of thugs breaking **** for no reason.
When that's what I see here, yes, I can dismiss what I see as a few thugs breaking **** to steal things. If there are protests to be made, let them make some effort and travel to Minnesota.

When that's what I see here, yes, I can dismiss what I see as a few thugs breaking **** to steal things. If there are protests to be made, let them make some effort and travel to Minnesota.
You can do whatever you want, it's just a pretty ignorant, simplistic dismissal. It isn't just a Minnesota problem, it already happened in my small town this year, and it happens all the time across the country.

For what is worth, this is the source of my earlier statement:

I haven't heard about the police, but I would not be surprised. It happened in Italy before.

Back
Top Bottom