1812 - Single Player Remake - Beta IV - "The Emperor's Finest" (Released) V1.1

Which kind of uniforms would you like ingame ?

• Full Dress (Colorful, shiny and with gold trimmings everywhere !)

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • Battle Dress (Formal, convenient no worries about dirt !)

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Winter Dress (Snow-proof trenchcoats, covered shakos and campfire songs !)

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Full Dress and Battle Dress (Now that's a good mix to go to war !)

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • All at once ! (let's not be miserly shall we !)

Votes: 34 35.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Keryyn

Squire
mainsg.png

Hi, this is the official topic for the next update of the Beta III ! This is an info topic and i don't think it need to be stickied, here you will be able to comment and make suggestions for the next update. As it is difficult to manage improvements over the entire module before releasing everything, i will focus each factions in turns, to make it easier and prevents missing stuff etc. The first tour is for the french of course ! :grin: But i promise i'll try to keep quality high for the other factions too.
The Patch is ready and will add lot's of graphical improvements over french troops and some additionnal stuff. This is the final patch for the Beta originally released by Vympel, next i will try to bring in the map of europe and the russians as well as Poland and some german states.

This is a patch to apply over the 1812 beta II by Vympel, extract anywhere on your computer, then overwrite the current 1812 folder in Warband\Modules\ with the one inside the 1812 Beta IV folder. This is NOT A STANDALONE module, you need to have at least installed beta II, tried it to make sure it launches and is playable before installing 1812 Beta IV: The Emperor's Finest" over it. Stand alone module is Beta IV V1.1, the two last links provide the complete install featuring the merged versions of Vympel beta II, and our betas III and IV.
I strongly suggest you install Beta IV over a clean install of vympel's beta II and my Beta III to make sure it's working.
-Uniforms and Weapons:
-Updated the french polish lancer of the guard uniforms with a better model and 5 variants from ranker to officer.
-New texture for french guard lancer czapkas with a few variants including officer and trumpeter.
-Added back gourds for french infantry backpacks, there is several variants to prevent clone-like gear.
-Added two more french fusilier uniforms with grey pants.
-Fixed the flanqueur, guard grenadier, line grenadier uniforms for sergeants to use the correct shoulder wings with red&gold trims.
-Added French Marshall uniform and updated the General de Brigade uniform.
-Removed many unused textures/meshe/materials from outdated uniforms and hats within brf archives.
-Fixed the french chasseur uniforms backpack as it wasn't using the correct updated shape and belts.
Troops:
-Added Napoleon's Polish Lancer of the Guard back into the game as a recruitable/trainable troop !
-4th guard grenadier now use the bearskin but they won't use the red plume (reserved for non AI upgradable troops mostly).
-Guard Grenadier/Horse Grenadier/1st Cuirassier will have more plumed hats as "=veteran=" than "ranker" to reflect experience.
-French fusilier tree expanded to have both the =21st fusilier= and the =48th fusilier=, both regiments are very capable infantry.
-Updated british and french lords to have the correct uniform pattern depending on their military rank.
-Fixed several upgrade path for french troops, drummer, flagbearers and sapeurs now have their own upgrade paths.
-Player can now train drummer/flagbearers/sapeurs from line infantry to old guard variants.
-Drummer/flagbearers/sapeurs stats now increase with their category (line infantry, grenadier, old guard).
-Fixed cavalry upgrade path for access to flagbearers and NCO.
Items:
-Added 2 bicorne variants for britain, prussia and france to replace the old bicorne and sideway bicorne meshes.
-Fixed missing meshe for AI muskets while in melee for prussia and britain.
-Fixed some missing/incorrect names for various items, removed others (useless/medieval ones).
-Fixed some items/uniforms/weapons chances to appear in markets to reflect rarity and quality.
-French flags are available in markets (very expensive though ...).
-Uniforms and Weapons:
-French now have their own backpack model and strap belts.
-Strap belts now hangs in the back of the uniform, just like most pictures shows, no more side ammo pouch/short sabers.
-French light infantry short pants will no longer use an outdated and poorly detailed texture.
-No more "painted" pants for dragoons, they have a real grey pant texture, because it looks better when wounded.
-Replaced the former hussar colpack with a better model/texture based on the french horse guard chasseur colpack.
-Corrected the design of the horse guard chasseur colpack to a more accurate one with better looking textures.
-French Dragoons are now using a full dress uniform with a belt and corresponding grenade on ammo pouch.
-Old Guard Dragoons (Empress Dragoons) now in full dress (not the campaign dress with grey pants).
-Old Guard model is now normalized to fit multiple other units: grenadiers, young guard, dragoon guard, officers etc.
-Added rank stripes, as accurate as possible, to most french uniforms.
-Most Uniforms have now up to four variants (trooper, corporal, sergeant, sometimes officers).
-Dragoons Guard now have a full roster of uniform for trooper, nco's, trumpeter/flagman and officers.
-Young Guard now have updated backpack, shoulder wings and are part of the same troop tree.
-Improved Young Guard Grenadier uniform, backpack and now upgrades into veterans and then Empress Dragoons.
-Multiple Old Guard Grenadier Regiments (1st, 2nd, 4th etc, all with different looks yet totally accurately dressed !).
-5th Cuirassier is now of lower rank than the 1st Cuirassier and therefore is one level below in the troop tree.
-French Cuirassier armors now have the new shoulder wings attached and gloved cuffs.
-French Cuirassier armor value reduced by 10 points (from 35 to 25, it's more than enough and still far better than the rest).
-New model and texture for the riding boots, or Bottes de Chasse, based on the prussian boots model.
-Added a saddle for the old guard Grenadier a Cheval and updated bearksin model with a new shape and texture.
-Old Guard Officer now have a white plume on their bearskin, not the red one.
-Added the correct uniform for Horse Grenadier trumpeter.
-New re-shaped model for French Chasseur a Cheval Dolmans, added variants for several military ranks.
-Chasseur a Cheval Sabretache is now updated with correct color for the sword scabbard and the black leather trims on it.
-Added a trumpeter horse variant for the Chasseur a Cheval  as well as an empress dragoon trumpeter horse.
-Updated the Vistula Legion with the new french backpack and belts/ammo pouch.
-Added the correct shako and shako plates for Vistula Infantry (instead of czapka).
-Added two new boots, brown leather and red leather. (from the russian expansion).
-Added a correct meshe and texture for the sabre-briquet, instead of the hungarian saber. (from the russian expansion)
-Fixed the new cuirassier boots shape/size, smaller and thinner.
-Added gloved cuffs for cavalry uniforms (horse rgenadier, cuirassier, guard dragoons).
Troops:
-French troops will now have rank stripes on names to allow faster understanding of who's better than who.
(example: Fusilier > =Fusiliers= > -=Fusiliers=- , it's a bit like in RUS XIIIc and it's better looking).
-Gendarmes now are part of the french troop tree, train after grenadiers of the line, up to mounted gendarme.
-Gendarmes can still be recruited in villages but is considered mounted and have a higher weekly wages.
-Old Guard Horse Grenadier and Dragoons will now correctly update into veterans, nco's/trumpeter and officers.
-French AI parties will no longer field units with similar names than the troops players can train.
-French AI parties troops are not upgradable and will serve as a boost for the player should he liberate some during battle.
Troops behavior:
-7e Hussar reverted to the 4th Hussar to match equipment markings.
-Dragoons now are very capable units on a battle line while dismounted.
-Dragoons will no longer try to spawn or shoot their carbine on horseback.
-Dragoons are no longer effective "cavalry" units, they need to fight on foot to be effective.
-Old Guard Dragoons now use a long carbine (model is hussar carbine).
-Carbines power and accuracy increase to reflect their use by skirmisher troops (dragoons, hussars etc).
-French Dragoons will now use the Charleville Carbine with it's bayonet, they will often use short swords in close combat.
Items:
-Fixed some missing/truncated names for items.
-Fixed uniforms not available in market even though they should be.
-Fixed item chance to appear in markets based on their quality/military rank, higher quality or rank is usually more expensive.
-Fixed some companions missing their correct level/stats and specialization.
-Fixed AI muskets which were using the two-handed parry animations instead of the correct polearm parry animations.
-Trenchcoats will no longer be available in markets, they might be looted from deserters and other troops.
-Austrian Musket is now considered a carbine with a bayoneted variant and is available in every marketplace.
-Horse merchants now have around 10 horses to sell
-Weapon merchants have a larger selection of muskets, medium selection of swords and ammo and small selection for lance
Rôleplay:
-Increased player stats at game start for an easier character progression and army/economy management.
-Added starting armies for each nations, including three different troop level, from a low level army to a high level starting army.
-Veteran soldier (warrior) grants better bonus in martial skill, especially polearms, crossbow and power strike.
-Removed the items given on starting a new game which were based on player background story.
-Background story choices no longer give bonus to useless proficiencies such as throwing, archery, two-handed etc.
-Background story now gives bonus to polearms, riding, crossbow (muskets) etc, instead of the native useless bonus.
Work in progress (might not be released):
-Tweaking/preventing the huge factional deserters armies.
-Tweaking AI reinforcements to avoid dozens of flagbearers and officers.
-Tweaking background story text to replace steppe father/child/nomad into a more napoleonic origin (hungarian).
-Steppe nomad background with full roster grants better bonus to riding, one handed, crossbow and horse archery.
-Started the changes over tournaments, changed contestants names, sword sisters, some weapons replaced, armors removed.

The Emperor's Finest (might not be up-to-date):
D0AD33929DD63695AB6686AB9088D0BBEEE3E1EB

BBFD2B642237B0B63D9B058E5B1993F5AB1D6CAE

7DCBD435F7562945299086835474629E47F117C8

3FE88E23DCDD0B65418D53AF8E789413071108B0
A59E8DE19B50DC83FDE2FE5E300A62175F39E40E

57016BA640F9E707B6970E2395BB85D428C7D865

76FA2844A156B68B7C6A41A7B95740B5481A07BF

0D0CB231A89153D8A374323D0E257196ADDE52A1

BC3576A102B256C82C26700CC42BB4B644E2AE5B

6149E2E8CA72903A8E089B35CD2723122FF705AE
3E24866C80B54B398B4DF81BFCDE58FCA55E84A9

BDF43BD2058919B5B29936F3ACC82CEA32BF1025

3A154839C9D16CC6C010436ADF77325AB3A308BD

59015CAD54BDE263708D656D438CC4D540993679

92671F93062FA570FE6B73EC10A7A5399C2D5E2E

97F18179A49A58C0C20DF07E8D99712AEA25BB12
A97343279BDE12A6B6315F0BC953D662FD383C58

7DAD9CADD029A54BFB8E7F3F2424F3FBA7BDFBAB

507DA8CEF667C7067C35878BCD6C4D7C5F70CB27

C18313A3651C791395A720B3733DD4DE0A27B21B
FAF2EABAA7716F95A6507230725BC3F6EC936FC7

083209F4CD6C8CF6969AAB9F6C4846BF81E0EB58

E560044E8F5065468C51B57803DCD4BBA50DDAF9

2AD4288FCF2A1EACD5AE45CE7433167ACB57C758
7E6904AA8FBE7A27DB5D7BE1418EB54640F3ABC9

82F21A8677F7727AE748B6DAEECD973A92C302B6

D2610E587A199CCB5D971EB8427A7553206BEE60

130D71CCF2521BE655E54C249766100A5B6DA36D
At this point i will no longer take advice on current progress and i hope players will be satisfied enough ! Of course, feedback once it's released will be appreciated, especially since it will be good intel to fix things up when i'll be working on the russian expansion.

Hello, I have been playing this for a while and this is just a suggestion but, can you make the character start out with a lot more charisma instead of having a 55 troop party limit with 150 troops in your party. I've only played Beta II because i figured Beta III was just a graphical update. Also if you could put the health bar back in or a option to do so would be great. Thanks

Hi,

I thought about giving the player better stats at the start, especially to maintain a bigger party since AI have rather larger armies than in native. However, getting enough money is enough to keep the current starting army usually, through raiding or tournaments etc.

Also, selling loots is interesting to get money quickly after battles. Still, i'll consider it but character progression is an important part of the game and should be changed carefully to avoid breaking balance.

About the health bars, reason there's no health bar is that it has no purpose ingame ... I mean sure you can see your remaining health for you and your horse, but it doesn't change your behavior while fighting, after all you always need to be careful and don't try to play hero by rushing alone in the middle of the enemy army.

Another reason is that it has a medieval icons of a knight and an armored horse, if i can make different icons, perhaps i can bring it back ingame, although i don't really see the point ^^ !

Thanks for the interest !

Updated the french Chasseur a Cheval Dolmans, with full roster from trooper to Captain.

Actually a video would be cool because, guess what, i was able to implement the animations you talked about for muskets. After i burnt half of my brain figuring ohw to compile the code i needed for the item flags etc, but it works, and i'm now working on re positioning muskets to match the animation !

I could try a little one with fraps, i don't know much about video stuff, but i guess it's not that hard, i mean i'm now a texturer, a half-time modeller and i can even code things with python xD !

Removed stuff like the annoying starting items etc through coding, i think i'll stop the lords from leaving their faction too, because it's of no use, and player will still be able to hire them if they have a low relation with their king.

Well we really need the cavalry charge animation, if you can get that in game too, we'll work on a new vid with the Chasseurs charging the British, I think I can actually make a convincing looking British infantry square by simpley dividing them into four groups, forming them into a two deep line,  re-positioning them and making them hold that position, its just a fight against time to complete the moves before the AI attacks.

Maybe you can make them form a Batallion Mass instead of a square? The Austrians (and Russians too, sometimes, I believe) preferred to use a big, solid column against cavalry, and it proved effective at Aspern-Essling and Wagram, but rather vulnerable to artillery.

Anyway, a solid body of troops can absorb the impact of most cavalry charges, while AI cavalry still has a chance to crash into squares.

OK Joe, good idea, I'll try some experiments with both and see what looks best and what we can come up with. We'll also need a nice Napoleonic tune/music, any ideas there.

The movie Cyrano de Bergerac has some very nice musics, even though it takes place in the 17c it's classical music yet epic-like so it might match what you are looking for.

I don't know anything about copyrights though, can we use that kind of thing inside a free video clip here ? I don't see what could be wrong about this.

About the horse animation, i've consider it, but it seems to be a lot more work, as i understand it, people didn't seem to be able to make it work properly and were forced to try and bind it a key rather than replacing animations, which is actually easier for me than coding a new key ...

I'm experiencing a little annoyance with the musket animations though, it works fine for the "musket" part, but when it come to melee, it keeps the musket position, even if i make a meshe as the melee version, game is not changing the meshe, only the stats are used and therefore it's like nothing happened.

Musket melee just go into the right hand, but then it has a very big offset and melee look less impressive than before ... I don't know what i am doing wrong, i've seen muskets in other modules which were correctly changing the meshe itself when switching to melee, like a reversed musket to fight with the stock instead of the barrel. It's the very same thing i'm trying to do, what's wrong then ?

I defined a melee meshe in item_kinds.txt, of course i added it inside the correct brf etc, it just don't show up, stats are melee weapon, range etc, but meshe doesn't update so it looks like the soldier is not holding the gun at the logical height and voluntarily reduce his own weapon reach capabilities.

Is this a trigger issue or something ? Triggers are just here to set up the sounds and other stuff like that if i'm not mistaken, it's bound to be a meshe/item flag issue.

Well perhaps we'd best leave things till we're sorted out in that department and look at it again in the near future.

I'm testing the anims and if it doesn't look good enough in melee i'll consider waiting for more updates on this. Reloading on horseback is messed up too by the way, since the weapon is held on the left hand while idle etc not to mention reloading on horseback is keeping the old crossbow reload animation.

Anyways, maybe the line battle styles will be far more beautiful with those anims on foot, after all it works, it's just not perfect yet ^^ ! But it's far better than the previous reload animations.

I can see why the modder used the left hand as reference, because it's more logical this way, but it severely conflicts with the other animations of the game and would need to have the full set to overwrite everything for staff and crossbow anims.

I have a suggestion, if it doesn't take much work, could you release a version without the name rank stripes?
I think it looks better without it once you get used to the troop tree.

I can't do that because troops would have the same name for two to three ranks for some, makes the party list weird and filled with clones ... Too confusing i'm afraid so there will be rank stripes on names.

Don't worry though, it's not for every troops, and the majority only have two ranks, ranker and veteran.

Hi guys, i'm back at home, at work and of course on Mount and Blade ! ^^ So, i'm going to keep up the work and i hope to present you the latest updates for both the Emperor's Finest and Russia - 1812 as soon as i can.

The Emperor's finest will probably come out end of september if i believe it's bug free and quality is high enough, of course more screenshots will be available for players to give their opinions !

Here's the fixed and more realistic version of the french colpack for the horse guard chasseur: screenshots are not very good because it's foggy and this usually kills the bump effects on textures, i'll try to make better ones or update the preview of the horse guard chasseur.
E89BF4DBEF6A2B9B23654C68E55D45929313056E

97201C597A6E1C805440C476713635D0563B45DF

B464E3A953226B10C8193377604F7474F46537C1

6AAB4139E2B437A9490050EBF82B34F1B9DDB185
Design is closer to the original, displaced the pompom, red tail etc to match the real one. Colors are more or less the same tone as the french bearskin to make it blend in nice with other bearskin hats. I might brighten the rope since it looks a bit dark, i'll see about this after more testing.

Hi guys, a little update for you !

Currently the last patch for beta III is in it's final testing stages and i will release it next week if nothing major goes wrong. I'm planning on updating previews in the release topic as soon as it's ready.

I hope the current progress will encourage more people to try out the module. I understand that the lack of activity on the forum, especially regarding pictures to show progres is a drawback for now, but i'll remedy to that !

This patch will put an end to the 1812 Beta  and will be a base to the next module which will be called 1812 Europe. However, i'm planning on releasing 1812 Europe Beta as a way to introduce both a more european map and the russian empire as well as poland and a few german states.

I will begin to concentrate efforts on 1812 Europe as soon as i consider the last beta III patch more or less "bug free".

Hi again !

As promised i'm releasing the patch this week end, due to some stuff bothering me at the last minute i'm working right now to fix things up before uploading it. Mostly simple things i forgot to do, and i noticed it while testing the game this week.

I had to let go some codded tweaks because it was time consuming, not working or simply useless ... i apologize for it, but as i currently am alone on this release i had little time to make large testing and research to make it "perfect".

Of course it won't be less playable than before, it's just some ideas i had that i couldn't make it to work ingame for some gameplay assets, nothing major.
17EB1B3D614C9F96E26D4EEFDA0AB090919E908B

I am currently updating the change list to reflect everything i did this past week and this week end so players will know what's new more or less, because i can't make screens for everything after all ^^ !

Currently uploading the module, as a few things were bothering me before i considered it ready, even though, there's so much things i can do to improve it, i was only able to work on french troops and a few other units. The reason i'm releasing it now is because i wan't to merge our progress on russians with the beta IV in order to seriously start to work on the russian expansion, the march of Napoleon across central europe.

There will be a lot more improvements when russia will join in the fight as i have many new uniforms skins and meshe ready, i even used some from the russian expansion into the beta IV because i was eager to see it ingame. As an example i added a few hats of better quality (bicorns with sideway variants), polish troops from the vistula legion now have line infantry with grenadiers and voltigeurs.

I will add links as soon as upload is finished, however, i only have gamefront and rapidshare, if someone knows other place to upload it, i'll give it a try. If i can pick nice screenshots, i will also update the module on moddb.com too.

Back
Top Bottom