SP Musket Era 1812 Russian Campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

I won't be correcting anything because the .max files I used to save the animations in are all gone. All my key frames were in there. If you want the animation to play faster then simply change the speed in module_animations.py

You should remove the pokalem. No troops in the 1812 campaign were wearing any part of the Bardin uniforms.

And....well...you know...it just looks so silly  :mrgreen:

RanGer_SLO said:
I won't be correcting anything because the .max files I used to save the animations in are all gone. All my key frames were in there. If you want the animation to play faster then simply change the speed in module_animations.py
It is a pity. was a good development

Vicccard said:
You should remove the pokalem. No troops in the 1812 campaign were wearing any part of the Bardin uniforms.

And....well...you know...it just looks so silly  :mrgreen:

I absolutely agree, but let them stay for a diversity. Besides, I try to do that every kind of troops had several kinds of (or options) hats.

I actually take back my words. Well, about them not being in the campaign. The statement about them looking silly absolutely stays.

Apparently there's some possibility that a couple of reserve battalions raised between January 1812 and the start of the campaign had the new uniform. Or part.

Similarly, the Russian recruits should by regulation wear the 1811 style flat forage cap, but the decree for that change was on 27 June [9 July] about a week after Napoleon invaded, so it's safe to say most of the conscripts being turned over to depots, and especially those already at depots, would have the old "bonnet de police" style cap.

I'm guessing that a gradual change of troops over time is beyond the engine.
The easiest way I see to show that is higher tier troops get more "1811" hats, but as they reach a higher tier they begin to use the "police" caps.

Well it's the recruit uniform, the one worn only from selection until assignment to a regiment and then it was replaced. Higher tier troops would just wear... shakos and such.

ZnIHLpL.jpg

0_dd948_39157305_XL.jpg

You're going to include more units than just the French though, right? What about the 3e Grenadiers or... well the Army of the Dutchy of Warsaw.

And there's also the Russo-German Legion.

ClearlyInvisible said:
You're going to include more units than just the French though, right? What about the 3e Grenadiers or... well the Army of the Dutchy of Warsaw.

Sure. Just Russian and French will have the most extensive range of units. List of France's allies will write later, there will definitely be the largest by number of troops. Such as Poland, Saxony, etc.

About the Russian-German Legion I doubt it.

Russian light cavalry recruits
0_dfca4_177ec6ec_XL.jpg" width="800" height="640" border="0" title="mb_warband 2014-05-16 07-35-46-82.jpg

0_dfca5_4f21478b_XL.jpg" width="800" height="640" border="0" title="mb_warband 2014-05-16 07-36-23-87.jpg

0_dfca6_a2b2a125_XL.jpg" width="800" height="640" border="0" title="mb_warband 2014-05-16 07-36-37-32.jpg

I have not met any of these images recruits, but made ​​them by two descriptions.

By the way, in the villages will be recruited infantry recruits, in castles - Volunteers light cavalry, in the cities - Volunteers heavy cavalry.

Volunteers Russian light cavalry will upgrade to Tatar Lancers and Sumy Hussars, on to the Guard. So saddle horses recruits from Tatar Lancers and Sumy Hussars. Although i can make a simple gray saddle.

I do not have experience and patience to make horses more muscular. But the coloring is sure to be different :smile:

By the way, I have not seen any images or articles or forums, how looked like recruits Russian heavy cavalry.

And just a question: how the French cavalry recruits looked?

There were no special uniforms for recruits in the French army. They were supposed to receive the standard regimental uniform as soon as they arrived at the regimental depot. It seems more often than not all they got was a waistcoat and a fatigue cap, with the full uniform only coming once they received rank.

ClearlyInvisible said:

The Russo-German legion (Which, by the way, included plenty of Dutchmen) was raised AFTER the campaign, from POW's from it.

And now that we are talking about 'foreign' corpses anyway: As for the Dutch contribution to the Russia campaign - There are contradicting reports on whether the old uniforms had been replaced or not. It would seem that the flank companies were issued with the new uniforms while the center-companies did not have them yet, but also claims that entire regiments (such as the 125e) were still fully in Dutch uniforms. To be frank, I've not done that much research into the uniform-question as my period of interest is mostly 1813-15. Then again, the Dutch were just a small part of the enormous army so it's not really like they HAVE to be in. 3eme/Red lancers...now that's another story  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom