• The forum has been updated. For an explanation of some of the changes, head over here.

SP Musket Era 1812 Russian Campaign

Currently viewing this thread:

kotofey

Squire
Some Opolchenie
0_e9eb6_ca98d5d5_XXL.jpg

0_e9eb4_c81f8060_XXL.jpg

0_e9eb3_e7a5110e_XXL.jpg

0_e9eb5_967f0b2c_XXL.jpg

Some Russian Guard Infantry
0_e9eaf_5a32f41f_XXL.jpg

0_e9eae_5f6383f8_XXL.jpg

0_e9eb0_e95355db_XXL.jpg

0_e9ead_30b91d6d_XXL.jpg

0_e9eac_5bbdece6_XXL.jpg

Well, you know who they are:
0_e9eb2_7761bd0c_XXL.jpg

0_e9eb1_8aeeb849_XXL.jpg

sifis172

Sergeant Knight
WB
absolutelly lovely!!!

i like the carabiniers uniforms.
i could'nt make out who those guys with the bearskin are.
the horse grenadiers of the guard have blue uniforms, so it can't be them :???:.

Cuirasses for one, taller men and horses too. The Carabinier-à-cheval regiments were the heaviest of all of France's regular army cavalry. The figure you posted transformed into this by the time this mod is set.

I get that Blue but what about this "elite company, dragoons" uniforms? It always has been like that bcs never saw anything like them before except the above mentioned pre-reformed Carabiniers-à-Cheval

The first company of every cavalry squadron was considered 'elite' and was usually given a gussied-up uniform.

Elite company dragoons wore red epaulettes and hat cords, by the way. I think only the sappers wore white cords.

Higgings

Knight at Arms
Yes funny thing with the French and thier "elite sqd".
Have the book "Uniforms of Waterloo" and it shows among many other things, a Frence Hussar from the 4th Regiment elite Company.
Thier uniform is almost more splendid then those of officers of the other companys.  :smile:

Looks good, but neither the Horse Grenadiers nor the Empress' Dragoons wore their dress coats on campaign. That was strictly prohibited.

Top Bottom