1257ad future

Users who are viewing this thread

othr said:
I'm not sure where else the mod can go but you can expect some tweaks and fixes from me for sure.

I'll try to keep DrTomas and kuauik motivated, we'll see how that goes :wink:

Thank you! If you need help with something that an inexperienced modder can do let me know!

I would say only few things: I know that modding should be a pleasure and not a job, I also know that often the criticism or requests for some people can be a source of irritation, but leaving the sand castle unfinished just because some naughty boy can try to kick it (I hope you get the idea) is a real pity, as I have already said.

If I can advise you is to not keep up the pace earlier, and make updates when you want to do it and because you enjoy it, listen to everyone but don't make any claims a weight to carry.

It 'sa game, the purpose of a game is FUN.

Gaxleep said:
I would say only few things: I know that modding should be a pleasure and not a job, I also know that often the criticism or requests for some people can be a source of irritation, but leaving the sand castle unfinished just because some naughty boy can try to kick it (I hope you get the idea) is a real pity, as I have already said.

If I can advise you is to not keep up the pace earlier, and make updates when you want to do it and because you enjoy it, listen to everyone but don't make any claims a weight to carry.

It 'sa game, the purpose of a game is FUN.

OMG that is exactly right! Both Kuauik and DrT now take constructive critisium as an offense to themselves and their work and get really snip pity, as though we are personally trying to attack them for their amazing work. I have nothing but respect for what they have accomplished but when they responded to your comments and insight with such disdain and are nasty in their comments to you it makes you wonder what happened to them with this mod that they now seem to hate both the project and the fans. Othr thank you for stepping back in and back up where others are willing to leave this masterpiece incomplete. To quite this project now cold turkey and not finish what has become a masterpiece would be like leaving the Mona Lisa without her smile, just incomplete and a shame.

othr said:
I'm not sure where else the mod can go but you can expect some tweaks and fixes from me for sure.

I'll try to keep DrTomas and kuauik motivated, we'll see how that goes :wink:

Maybe we could band together and buy DrTomas a lifetime's supply of Glenmorangie.

:grin:

Othr, you have re-assured me after weeks of panick checking the forum!  :smile:

Personally I could live with the women's faces, as they look slightly better than last time I looked. But there are still some bugs, etc, such as boots with invisible legs, glitched helmets, etc. Also, you could balance the prices a bit, for example, bill hooks and similar weaps should not be extremely expensive, like swords. Also, I keep on seeing a hood in the menu which, don't get me wrong, is a sexy hood, but is priced the same as steel helmets and mail shirts!  :mrgreen:

You guys have worked so hard and I wish I can do somethin to thank you but all I can do is awe at this amazing modification.

Thank you all for this wonderful mod! To be quite honest I dont think I would have bought warband if it werent for 1257AD.. Im not a big fan of the fantasy setting in native.. I hope some passionate modders come together to work on a 1257 mod for Mount & Blade II :smile:.

Oh and If something does happen along those lines, let me know and I may help with some minor sound and texture stuff. Maybe even some research...

stefan140 said:
Oh and If something does happen along those lines, let me know and I may help with some minor sound and texture stuff. Maybe even some research...

why don't you just edit your first post ?  :roll:
but i agree with you,
it'll be cool if some modders could develop something similar to 1257AD in MBII

hey guys, well look, this mod, is awesome, the best Singleplayer mod out there, maybe you're the humble kind of guys, but hell yeah it is, at least for me and most people who've played it. It is the closest realisation next to the 268 B.C Hegemoney mod, that died horribly. Yet there is one thing, that keeps a lot of people from playing, and I mean, its not the small details like little bugs (some times in battle soldiers stretch their arms to their sides and walk like penguin alike monstruosities, but **** it its hilarious), the big thing is, the slow load, of the map. And I realised something, if you load the game without the "Load textures on command" thing, you'll get a map that loads **** fast, but if you load it with out it, theres a huge chance of getting an early crash, and not being able to play the game (in my case it crashes while loading xxxx data). Sometimes it pops an error about C++ library, and sometimes nothing. Yet ONCE, I mistakenly opened the game without the textures thing and was able to play it anyway. It was glorious, the game loaded faster, it didn't lag at all, yet the next time, I couldn't. And after trying a thousand + times I realised it was a miracle.. and I got a glimpse of heaven or something like that...... Is There ANY way you can fix that?

If not, at least try to fix the map, its very stupid that each and everytime you go somewhere it unloads, and has to be loaded again, it makes it very frustrating when you exit a village, and think "crap I forgot this, or that" And you wanna throw yourself in a pit..

bless you if you sneezed while reading this

I'm also enjoying this mod, though I haven't really followed or read forums much.  If people's criticisms are getting the better of the modders ire, please, let me make a comment, otherwise, skip this first part: It is the artists job to realize a dream they see, for in their canvas lies a fantasy they alone can truly know.  In the same way, when the public sees their work, they will never see what the artist sees, and one can make a choice-ignore their critiques and stay your course, maintaining what you perceive purity of your dream, or accept their critiques, perhaps tarnishing your views in some way, but growing to meet those who would praise you's outlook on a joint dream.  Whichever you do, know that critiques will always occur, no matter what you do-and know that even those who bend and adapt to the public should always remain true to their original goals, even as the means to achieve them change.

Probably won't wander back through this forum for months-so replies directed at me will be of limited point I'm gonna put out here right now.  Depends how my dice fall.  Other than that, great mod-and never forget you have a community that supports you, and will likely help with any projects that don't require reworking the source code.  A dream dies only when all who believe it lie in the grave.

Spitfire84 said:
OMG that is exactly right! Both Kuauik and DrT now take constructive critisium as an offense to themselves and their work and get really snip pity, as though we are personally trying to attack them for their amazing work.

Sadly, most of criticism we receive are hardly constructive, but more of a "request" type(no offense to anyone). IE - "change the woman faces, I don't like it" is one of the most popular ones right now. I've always looked forward for criticism and suggestions, as long as it's constructive. In the years I've tweaked, done and implanted many things based on the fans feedback in the forums.  :eek:

Criticism is not the reason I've quit - I've just got bored both of modding and Warband(I have not sit down and played it for a very long time now).

p.s.
Woman faces will stay as it is. :mrgreen:

DrTomas said:
Spitfire84 said:
OMG that is exactly right! Both Kuauik and DrT now take constructive critisium as an offense to themselves and their work and get really snip pity, as though we are personally trying to attack them for their amazing work.

Sadly, most of criticism we receive are hardly constructive, but more of a "request" type(no offense to anyone). IE - "change the woman faces, I don't like it" is one of the most popular ones right now. I've always looked forward for criticism and suggestions, as long as it's constructive. In the years I've tweaked, done and implanted many things based on the fans feedback in the forums.  :eek:

Criticism is not the reason I've quit - I've just got bored both of modding and Warband(I have not sit down and played it for a very long time now).

p.s.

Good at least we know we did drive you away from WB with our requests! The faces of women I could care less about, I just want to give my horse some quality ale! Whisky for my men, beer for my horses, to make us all historically ready for combat. 

Hmm do you plan to OSP the mod contents? Credits of course
PS great mod and i couldnt tell yah how hard it is to recieve permissions for mods content ;/
GL in your endeavours team excellent mod you created.

But please fix the Harlots faces i can clearly see their eyes were mistextured and looked a bit disturbing the last time i played.

DrTomas said:
Spitfire84 said:

p.s.

I really don't care about women faces (they're ugly, I have to say it, but whatever).
What I care to say, it's that you're wrong, imho.

You (and others) have done this mod, it's your and you can do what you want with it, right ?
No.
I think that if you do something like ad1257 and keep all of that outside internet, outside the community, well... It's totally your, BUT if you give it to all of us, and when you see (because you've saw it) all this people keeping writing, give thanks, pray to continue or permit to go on and passing the torch... You've shared this with us, we owe something to you but you also owe "something" to us, and I'm talking very friendly and with all my gratitude for this project.

I only got really into it recently but I'm enjoying every moment.  Whatever you guys call version 1.0 will be a huge achievement and I can't blame you for wrapping it up.

You've manage to create an ambiance in this mods which goes beyond just putting the right people and places on a map. 
One aspect that I'm most impressed are the randomly generated battle maps.  For the first time in WB the battlefields feel realistic.

So big thanks to the devs, and all that have chipped in.

Oh my goodness, is it really stopping...such a good mod nooo! :sad:
But the good thing is that you guys worked hard and its good just the way it is. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom