1257 AD the best mod

Users who are viewing this thread

IMO:
suprisingly, Europe 1200 was underratted, its pretty good as well for me, kauaik artwork is like goddamn so hot that make people go orgasm, by means I mean his thingly are seriously godlike already

no harm but POP bit overrated I say but its good one as well,, I prefer 1257 ad and 1200 for its more 'realism'

Brytenwalda also good for me, pretty interesting after romano-british and tons of unique features sub-quest but its too massive infantry battle for me, cant blame it maybe due at that time calvary and archers arent implemented much

I thought that the 1st would be Brytenwalda.... (It's the greatest mod, in my opinion).

And 2nd would be 1257 or 1200. (1257 is better in gameplay while 1200 is more real and accurate both is good in balancing and accury though).

3rd one would be M&M melth in your mouth not in your hand They're making a new game aren't they ?  :lol:

Three of these mod are like a new game which were made from M&B engine.

Arrakhis said:
IMO:
suprisingly, Europe 1200 was underratted, its pretty good as well for me, kauaik artwork is like goddamn so hot that make people go orgasm, by means I mean his thingly are seriously godlike already

no harm but POP bit overrated I say but its good one as well,, I prefer 1257 ad and 1200 for its more 'realism'

Brytenwalda also good for me, pretty interesting after romano-british and tons of unique features sub-quest but its too massive infantry battle for me, cant blame it maybe due at that time calvary and archers arent implemented much

Well Brytenwalda is historically accurate in that sense, the formations are implemented well so you don't miss the emphasis on cavalry. There is just so much more to do in it, 1257 has greater scope but it doesn't have anywhere near the amount of features or fresh additions.

I am not british, i pretty like tons of unique features in brytenwalda, mainly that suprising me about the Arthur tale and Modred son become a bard?

still I found the battle concentrate too much on infantry overall its a good mod, for its unique spy and executing prisoners and bribing villagers lol

I prefer battle where tactic can overcome the fied, which 1257 won in that features, u can make the field like Azincourt lol

Arrakhis said:
I am not british, i pretty like tons of unique features in brytenwalda, mainly that suprising me about the Arthur tale and Modred son become a bard?

still I found the battle concentrate too much on infantry overall its a good mod, for its unique spy and executing prisoners and bribing villagers lol

I prefer battle where tactic can overcome the fied, which 1257 won in that features, u can make the field like Azincourt lol

Tactics? I find that cavalry take all sense of that away, in native it's Swadian knights and in this just Knights in general. Get thirty of them and tell them to charge and sit back. When it comes to infantry you have to pay more attention to what their doing.

Gasket said:
Arrakhis said:

Tactics? I find that cavalry take all sense of that away, in native it's Swadian knights and in this just Knights in general. Get thirty of them and tell them to charge and sit back. When it comes to infantry you have to pay more attention to what their doing.

u can say that again

adds: what I mean I am hoping something give paper-scissor-stone system, which 1257 give, Brytenwalda give as well (by command system), but not pretty much I hate to reorganise my infantries sometimes in mid of battle lol even the help separating infantry type in 'menu' but its Brrytenwalda is my rank 2 ranked mod in my list

IMo:
1. 1257
2. 1200
2. Brytenwalda
3. Knights of Last battle
4. Sword of Damocles
4. Phropersy Of pendor
5. TEARC

Well, It's true that 30-40 knights could destroy an army of more than 100 infantries.

But not "just order them to charge and sit back".  :lol: If you do that you will eventually lost.

Some heavy infantry could stop the knights charge and some ranged unit could kill the knight on horse back.

It's also require some basic tactic to use cavalry against well-organized foot army.  :wink:

Well, I think it's about time period setting.

Brytenwalda is set in post-Roman and  pre-Vikings period, so they focus maily on infantry and millitary tactic.

While 1257 AD is set in high-medieval age, which focus on "knight", so it should be this way.  :lol:

MariusThePaladin said:
Well, It's true that 30-40 knights could destroy an army of more than 100 infantries.

But not "just order them to charge and sit back".  :lol: If you do that you will eventually lost.

Some heavy infantry could stop the knights charge and some ranged unit could kill the knight on horse back.

It's also require some basic tactic to use cavalry against well-organized foot army.  :wink:

Well, I think it's about time period setting.

Brytenwalda is set in post-Roman and  pre-Vikings period, so they focus maily on infantry and millitary tactic.

While 1257 AD is set in high-medieval age, which focus on "knight", so it should be this way.  :lol:

We know how it "should" be, unfortunately some "should" be's are more interesting than others.

Congratulations AD1257, on a well-deserved first place.

With othrs steady and multi-talented hand and an open development form drawing on all the knowledge and skills of the community this has grown to become what also in my opinion is the greatest M&B mod ever.

Aye, very well deserved indeed. Congratulations everyone.

Gasket said:
I guess you playing .95 version.......In the development version you cant send 30 knights or even 50 knights against as few as 60-80 infantry and hope to win without severe casualties. With the new spearbracing tactic for the ai, cavalry get squashed by spearmen infantry if you charge head on, even sword infantry can hold their own if they outnumber the cavalry. But cavalry are still deadly if you flank using them. 30 knights can destroy as high as 100-120 infantry if you use them properly, coupled with infantry and archers. This mod is the only mod where the new ai and the weapon damage calculations and armors strengths all add up to make an awesome tactical battle experience. Its too bad all the kingdom management, and quests and other non-battle features where not completed before it died. Is there any chance one of the remaining team members can continue development of the mod?

The Unknown said:
Aye, very well deserved indeed. Congratulations everyone.

Gasket said:
I guess you playing .95 version.......In the development version you cant send 30 knights or even 50 knights against as few as 60-80 infantry and hope to win without severe casualties. With the new spearbracing tactic for the ai, cavalry get squashed by spearmen infantry if you charge head on, even sword infantry can hold their own if they outnumber the cavalry. But cavalry are still deadly if you flank using them. 30 knights can destroy as high as 100-120 infantry if you use them properly, coupled with infantry and archers. This mod is the only mod where the new ai and the weapon damage calculations and armors strengths all add up to make an awesome tactical battle experience. Its too bad all the kingdom management, and quests and other non-battle features where not completed before it died. Is there any chance one of the remaining team members can continue development of the mod?

wait, I might be forgotten, isnt Alpha version had spear bracing as well? so make spearmen kills calvaries at ease and in Alpha archers are very powerful

The Unknown said:
Its too bad all the kingdom management, and quests and other non-battle features where not completed before it died. Is there any chance one of the remaining team members can continue development of the mod?
The mod is not dead, othr is just taking a break.

Back
Top Bottom