1257 AD F.A.Q.

Users who are viewing this thread

Belmonte8778 said:
I have a problem, on town sieges, when I enter the keep, there are only 3 lords (counting me) against (I didn't count, but I'm guessing) 9 or more enemy soldiers, when I did got to the keep, the 2 lords were slaughtered and I had to fight the enemy soldiers by my own (which I couldn't there were too many for me), the other lords took 1 hit and got knocked unconscious, is there a way of changing how many men accompany you into the keep?
You'll always be outnumbered in that scenario, the game chooses the strongest guys as your companions for these staged fights depending on availability (so lords>knights>high-tier infantry). I'm not quite sure whether health gets reset, so maybe you were really unlucky and got lords with very low hp. Because normally 3 lords (counting you) shouldn't get defeated by 9 regular guys.

I have been having a problem with my manor monasteries. I was able to recruit 3 knights from the Knights Templar but now whenever I go to get more the priest tells me that there are already brothers at my command., but there are none in my party, only in a garrison. I have tried this at both of my manors and they both give the same issue. Is there any way around this?

Avaex said:
I have been having a problem with my manor monasteries. I was able to recruit 3 knights from the Knights Templar but now whenever I go to get more the priest tells me that there are already brothers at my command., but there are none in my party, only in a garrison. I have tried this at both of my manors and they both give the same issue. Is there any way around this?

take the ones from the garrison back to your party, use them in fights, wait for them to die, recruit new replacements  :mrgreen:

kalarhan said:
Avaex said:

take the ones from the garrison back to your party, use them in fights, wait for them to die, recruit new replacements  :mrgreen:
Yup, I took them out of the garrison and disbanded them and I was able to get more. It seems like there is a cap on how many knights you can have at one time, which I did not know about.

Is there any way I can increase the number of soldiers that acompany me into the castle keep during a siege battle? They are too few in comparisson to the enemies inside and I allways fail this part of the siege.

Do the unique mercenary companies respawn for recruitment?

For example, I've recruited 27 (one company) Varangian guards, do new companies respawn so I can hire more of them? Or is their number capped at one company until disbanded?

Thanks!

wrwlf said:
Do the unique mercenary companies respawn for recruitment?

For example, I've recruited 27 (one company) Varangian guards, do new companies respawn so I can hire more of them? Or is their number capped at one company until disbanded?

Thanks!
You can hire some new compay a few days later. There is no other limit than the upkeep cost!!!

How do I turn off troop rotate,?  it's really frustrating me that I can't find the formations options.

Hi, i've player this mod sometime as a soldier in some lords armies and i've noticed that during casttle assaults ranged troops in the atacker side are using only melee weapons, also i cant acess my inventory in battles anymore(chest didnt apear)....this is normal?

I have a question, I made a monastery and got the tuetonic order there. For a few weeks, I was able to recruit some tuetonic knights, so long as I had no knights with me. However, suddenly, I am unable to recruit. The only message I get is that I already have more than enough, but I get this message even when my party is only companions... Help? Is this a bug?

No, it is not a bug. You can only get a certain amount of brotherhood knights and it does not help to put them in your castle as garrison either. Once they are killed in battle, you can recruit new ones.

Thank you so much, glad it isn't a bug at least, and that makes sense for balancing issues.... Although honestly did not expect a reply on this old topic! Old mods are not bad mods though! :smile:

I retook Constantinople and the Latin Empire faction crumbled but the Byzantine Empire wasn't formed from the Empire of Nicaea? Is there some console magic I can do or fix I can implement to get it to work?

guys  how to increase fief income with tweakmb. really fief incomes are too low and soldier salary is too high for incomes?

mod is using default value town (2400) and villiage (1200) and how can i increase these values. i searched simple triggger txt file but i didnt find about this and fief incom settings are not used at tweakmb

really i need help :sad: :sad: :sad:

Apocal said:
I retook Constantinople and the Latin Empire faction crumbled but the Byzantine Empire wasn't formed from the Empire of Nicaea? Is there some console magic I can do or fix I can implement to get it to work?
I noticed that if you have already fortified your manor (build a castle) then you don't get the restore of the Empire . Did you ?

Jason L. said:
Then the problem is that you have to be a vassal of the "Basileia ton Romaion" in order to restore the Empire. Happy new year  :party:

I'm a vassal, I just have no land, since someone lost a castle.

Apocal said:
Jason L. said:
Then the problem is that you have to be a vassal of the "Basileia ton Romaion" in order to restore the Empire. Happy new year  :party:

I'm a vassal, I just have no land, since someone lost a castle.
So I can't help you.This never occurred to me in my several play-through testing. Or this is a bag or a corrupted save-game. You probably have to restart.  :sad: 

Hallo guys, hope somebody will still read this old thread :smile:

Just wondering, is there any way to enable the roaming village farmers in 1257 AD?
I really miss being a highwayman and killing those peasants to see how poor they are  :fruity:
Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom