"+1 Shield" Possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

(:) Dvd (:)

Regular
Hey all! I've been writing some story and all for a mod I've got in mind. Anyway, is it possible to attach "modifiers" to armor and the like, particularly shields, to allow for "+1 ______"? My mod includes several Gods and Prophets, each with their own banner.

The banner would be on shields. If you wore the shield then the God or Prophet would "channel their power" into you, giving you bonuses. For example:

Thoris, God of Loyalty and Warriors:
+20 Health
+1 Leadership

When you equip a shield with Thoris' banner your Health should be upped twenty points and you should recieve another point on Leadership. They should be removed when you take of the shield.

Is this possible? Thanks in advance!

-Dvd

+20 Health?  :shock:  That's a lot of health!  I suppose it should be possible to a limited degree.  In AW's The Last Days Mod, their are items that increase statistics when equipped, at least as long as they're equipped before the start of a battle, you can then take them off in the middle of battle and retain the bonus though.  I don't know how you would pull off the +20 Health thing except by adding +40 strength.  But +1 Leadership is definitely do-able.

-Grocat the Squalling Croquet Hurricane

That and it assumes they don't have any points in iron skin already.

-Grocat the Alabaster Spin Salamander

Merentha said:
You could add ten points in ironskin for the health...that is quite a lot, though.

Edit: True.  Speaking of which, what happens when you go over ten?  Does it crash?

No, It dosn't

I remember someone saying having 12 at a certain skill

RanGer_SLO said:
No, It dosn't

And you feel qualified to proclaim this based on hearsay? Especially when you're completely, utterly wrong?

Merentha: It most definitely crashes. There is currently no mod command to increase hit points.

Cavalierly,
Winter

if you edit skill.txt (which is not modular so i wouldnt recomment it) then on some skills you can make them go higher than 10.

Winter said:
RanGer_SLO said:
No, It dosn't

And you feel qualified to proclaim this based on hearsay? Especially when you're completely, utterly wrong?

Merentha: It most definitely crashes. There is currently no mod command to increase hit points.

Cavalierly,
Winter

Actually, you can change it in the Character Export text file and make it over the normal 8.

-Dvd

(:) Dvd (:) said:
Actually, you can change it in the Character Export text file and make it over the normal 8.

-Dvd

...You know, why do I even bother? There is no 'normal 8', you utter nob. Skills go up to 10 -- THEY ALWAYS HAVE. And when you mod a skill increase above 10, the game crashes. I've had to deal with that fact JUST THIS WEEK while coding up the new Storymod character generation. Is it that much trouble to do a little research before you start spouting things that are wrong?

Wordlessly,
Winter

It's true, skills are limited to ten. You can go into a particular header file (I can't remember which) and each skill at each skill level has to be defined individually. Until now Armagan has not coded for more than 10 (or negatives...). But it should be easy for him to add. Personally I hope Armagan rewrites the whole skill system to make it moddable in future versions.

Hmm.

The only way I can see to do it is increase strength by 20 and reduce weapon damage (for each weapon?) to compensate.

Winter said:
(:) Dvd (:) said:

-Dvd

...You know, why do I even bother? There is no 'normal 8', you utter nob. Skills go up to 10 -- THEY ALWAYS HAVE. And when you mod a skill increase above 10, the game crashes. I've had to deal with that fact JUST THIS WEEK while coding up the new Storymod character generation. Is it that much trouble to do a little research before you start spouting things that are wrong?

Wordlessly,
Winter

Ahem, I never said it would not crash. I said it IS possible to make skills high than the normal value, which I thought was 8. Yes, it will crash. But it is possible to increase skills above 10. And then the game crashes.

-Dvd

Grocat said:
In AW's The Last Days Mod, their are items that increase statistics when equipped, at least as long as they're equipped before the start of a battle, you can then take them off in the middle of battle and retain the bonus though.  I don't know how you would pull off the +20 Health thing except by adding +40 strength.  But +1 Leadership is definitely do-able.
I tried it out some time ago in the Last Days Mod (Leadership 10 + Item). The equipment was not able to bring a skill over level 10

Berpol said:
I tried it out some time ago in the Last Days Mod (Leadership 10 + Item). The equipment was not able to bring a skill over level 10

Most likely because AW has put a limiter on the skill increases to keep the game from going above 10 and therefore crashing.

Fearsomely,
Winter

[EDIT] Arrr, beaten by less than a minute. Damn you, wanker! [/EDIT]

Winter said:
...You know, why do I even bother? There is no 'normal 8', you utter nob. Skills go up to 10 -- THEY ALWAYS HAVE.

Wordlessly,
Winter
Calm down Winter, its not that big a deal.

Ealdormann Hussey said:
Winter said:
...You know, why do I even bother? There is no 'normal 8', you utter nob. Skills go up to 10 -- THEY ALWAYS HAVE.

Wordlessly,
Winter
Calm down Winter, its not that big a deal.

Ahh, Ealdormann Hussey

You are right, AND you are wrong.

While a small thing such as what bothered winter is indeed not earth shattering, the problem is - the folks around this forum with the most experience, and hence the most valuable information to share - often times get so fed up with the sheer IDIOCY of many posters - they give up and they stop coming here - hence we lose their valuable insight and experience.

Fisheye - who has tremendous skills with modding and python scripts - got so fed up he deleted his account.  Now all of that incredibly valuable experience is gone.

As you know, Winter is the intensely creative author of StoryMod - should he get fed up and decide to never come here again, there would be MANY, MANY people who would be dissapointed. 

There are many more, Yoshi, Janus, Thorgrim, Effidian, Ancientwanker, Gandalf the grey  - just to name a small subset.

So yes, it is not such a big deal - in a single instance, but over time - it starts to wear you down.

DE

Yeah, nothing wrong with letting off some steam once in awhile... so long as it doesn't scare off the new guys.

Mage246 said:
Yeah, nothing wrong with letting off some steam once in awhile... so long as it doesn't scare off the new guys.

Yes, but unfortunately - I have come to realize...

SOME of the new people, need to be scared off.  ~sigh~

Sad, but true.

DE

Back
Top Bottom