Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

c77

Recruit
Summary: Seems like nobles never want to marry within kingdom, but regardless the child always inherits mother's culture. I remember a Taleworld's employee saying they changed it to inherit the father's culture (the names seem to be 50/50 but the culture always shows as mother's). While you can change this with a console command, it doesnt work with a name that multiple nobles use (i.e. Derthert).

Did you guys mean this is changed for the release? seems like this beta is the last content patch before release in a week

Summary: Seems like nobles never want to marry within kingdom, but regardless the child always inherits mother's culture. I remember a Taleworld's employee saying they changed it to inherit the father's culture (the names seem to be 50/50 but the culture always shows as mother's). While you can change this with a console command, it doesnt work with a name that multiple nobles use (i.e. Derthert).

Did you guys mean this is changed for the release? seems like this beta is the last content patch before release in a week
The name is actually not random, it uses the old system for culture, before TaleWorlds has changed it.

The old system was that sons inherit culture from their fathers and daughters inherit culture from their mothers and by the way this system was a lot better, there was no need for changing it.

I have mixed feelings about this. Think of your family, you can have them marry women from another culture, and their children then are that culture. Let's say MC marries Aseri, brother marries a Khuzait, their children taking the culture from the mother, can now govern that type of city without taking the loyalty hit. If it's from the father, the children will always be that culture.

The culture will be from the father as far as I know.
That's not good either because of female heroes. Edit: I mean the heroine of the player.
They should get the culture of the clan. All clans have culture in the code.
And the player should be able to change the culture of his/her clan because of roleplay reasons.

That's not good either because of female heroes. Edit: I mean the heroine of the player.
They should get the culture of the clan. All clans have culture in the code.
And the player should be able to change the culture of his/her clan because of roleplay reasons.
That is a real good point I didnt think about. Taking the culture of the clan leader instead.

That is a real good point I didnt think about. Taking the culture of the clan leader instead.
This is good but the culture of the clan is the best possible choice. Why?
Imagine you play a Vlandian man, and you marry an Imperial woman.
You are the clan leader, your children will be Vlandians. But what if all your towns are Battanians? If you could change the culture of your clan to Battanian, all your children would have a bonus governing them, and no penalty when one of them becomes faction leader.
Another situation, you are Battanian man, and marry a Vlandian woman. You are a subject of Vlandia. You might think you want to roleplay the situation where your hero assimilates into the culture of your chosen country. Your hero remains Battanian, but the children will be Vlandian.
Both of these are typical real life situations, and could be simulated in the game.

There was a discussion about the issue on the forum, and this method fits all the possible situations.
1. children inherit the clan's culture
2. the ability of changing your clan's culture

Back
Top Bottom