1.7.2. Wanderer not spawning

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm playing the second run on 1.7.2. and there seem to be no new spawn of wanderers as time goes by.
In former versions I saw new and young wanderers appearing after some years - but atm the youngest is 29.

Is this just me or is it a known issue?

I would like to know this too. I haven't played in a while, but I'm sure I remember more wanderers being spawned. Average age of wanderers in my game now is around 30-35.

Iirc there was a bug some time ago where wanderers were not spawning in after the start of the game. You might want to check and see if anyone else has reported a similar bug and if not then it's best to report this because it shouldn't be happening.

I have the same prob (again). As described above in an older version a similar problem was present.
Par example if you 'safe' a village-daughter she should spawn after a while in a town as a kind of wanderer. But after those quests she is momentary lost (called ''never met before or never seen before'')
In the technical problems section it is also mentioned, so the devs knowing about.

I just married my young wife of 20 , and I'm the 30 year old son of my main character, who just died aged 86 .. so ..

She was a noble of course, not a wanderer ...hmmm

But I did search on the DB fur a wife ,there seems to be young'uns there .. hmmm

Also, why are all the engineers Aserai ????????????

Thank you for all the replies!

@archaicwarrior: WTF?!?
So you are living in a complete different world, with almost no lords alive from the beginning. o_O
And if you go to DB > filter wanderer > filter age ... there are some young ones?

And yea, I did not ask for support since I'm playing on Beta branch (1.7.2) and I can accept some bugs.

But I've testet further and in another run (Sandbox) it replenishes wanderer - a 21 year old just arrived - makes sence because while playing difficult situations you lose wanderer companions or promote them to lords.

After some more testing it is stuck again in 1.7.2.

Dear Devs: is it possible to say how the replenish rate is intended to be of new wanderers arriving in a Calradia? And what is effecting this arrival? Maybe the death of Companions?

They said in patch that it will take some time to pass in game before more wanderers will spawn. I tried waiting for about 2 weeks and didn't see anymore spawn, but I don't really know what they mean by equalize. @SadShogun I assume this under your direction, if say there's 35-40 wanderers in the world will it still spawn more or do some need to die before more can spawn? A problem players often have is all the wanderers are really sucky, so it's not good if we're stuck with 40 rotten apples until they start to die.
  • Implemented a new companion spawn behaviour that will try to equalise the available companions in the game. This fixes a bug that caused companions to be hard to find during late game (in-game time has to pass to equalise companions in older saves).

They said in patch that it will take some time to pass in game before more wanderers will spawn. I tried waiting for about 2 weeks and didn't see anymore spawn, but I don't really know what they mean by equalize. @SadShogun I assume this under your direction, if say there's 35-40 wanderers in the world will it still spawn more or do some need to die before more can spawn? A problem players often have is all the wanderers are really sucky, so it's not good if we're stuck with 40 rotten apples until they start to die.
  • Implemented a new companion spawn behaviour that will try to equalise the available companions in the game. This fixes a bug that caused companions to be hard to find during late game (in-game time has to pass to equalise companions in older saves).
The number of companions in the game is limited by the number of towns multiplied by 0.6
Companion Limit = 0.6 x 53 = ~31
Currently, there is no mechanic which "changes" them but only moves them around to different towns. I will bring this issue to the team. I think it would make sense to have some of the companions change over time.

Thank you for bringing this up!

The number of companions in the game is limited by the number of towns multiplied by 0.6

Currently, there is no mechanic which "changes" them but only moves them around to different towns. I will bring this issue to the team. I think it would make sense to have some of the companions change over time.

Thank you for bringing this up!
Thank you for this information!

Back
Top Bottom