Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
N/A (no crash)
Summary: When using a bow on horseback riding levels unintentionally fast. It is easy in around 8 hours to max riding. Unfortunately, riding will continue to increase so quickly that the learning rate on the character's other abilities will plummet, and the character will be unable to effectively develop.

My hypothesis is that the arrows' projectile speed is included in the 'speed bonus to hit' for riding. I have seen multiple skill increases from a single headshot vs a looter even at >200 riding.

How to Reproduce: Start a new game. Buy a decent bow. Run around for 8ish hours shooting looters on horseback. Have 280 riding skill. Further progression in riding has limited utility but will hamstring the character's learning rate in non-riding abilities.
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): Here is an image of a companion with 3 focus in riding gaining +5 riding from a single arrow vs a looter:
Computer Specs: N/A

Yeah this has been a day 1 issue and as you hypo'd it is related to the speed/damage/distance bonus to the skill being unusually high. The same shots from foot don't give anywhere near as high of athletics skill for instance.
I would say the real problem is the all skills learning speed reduction per main level up, if this were removed this and may simular issues would be irreleavant.

Back
Top Bottom